What's the best shampoo, conditioner, and oils?

diamond

What\'s the best shampoo, conditioner, and oils?

I have noticed that my hair is starting to shed and it looks dull and lifeless. I want to start a new hair care regimen.
What do you recommend I use for shampooing, conditioning, and everyday hair maintenance. My hair is long and is type
4. Thanks for any helpful suggestions!

Elyse

Re: What\'s the best shampoo, conditioner, and oils?

Diamond,

I would suggest doing an ACV rinse. This makes your hair shinier and less tangled. I would follow this with Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner (use no more than once per week.) After rinsing out the conditioner, try using either castor oil or Kiehl's with Silk Groom on your hair. Either one is great for shine.

Tracy

As for dullness and lifelessness - I always say - try a Colorshines. It gives you shine and body. Now that I've done my fav product plug...LOL!

Why do you think your hair is mad? Are you relaxed (if so a no ly might be the culprit or voerprocessing of some kind - perhaps you could explain your realxer process)? Do you heat style (annother shine and body stealer)?

Can you give some more info? Shampoos, conditioners and oils are all helpful but for me have been the last step in a shiny healthyhead of hair. The overall method used to manage the hair is more important. I think if you let us know a little more we could give you some really targeted helpful info....

diamond

what is a colorshine and which brand should i get. my hair lately is so dry and dull because I have been
working out a lot! I need to get on a regimen to make sure I protect my hair from the added stress of salt
wear and tear from sweating it out. I do relax and think overall my hair is pretty healthy, however, I wanted to
know the best products out there to maintain my healthy hair.

Elyse

I work out 5-6 days a week myself and the ACV rinse is really good at gently clarifying and removing all buildup from my hair.

hairfanatic

Hi Diamond,

There are many good shampoos and conditioners out there. I guess the first question will be...what do you need the conditioner to do for you? Are you relaxed or natural. Is money an issue because we will be giving you plenty to work with /images/graemlins/grin.gif The main thing is this...you many have to experiment with tons of shampoos, conditioners and oils because what works for some may not work for you. Consider this your trial and error stage.

Here are some shampoos that you can buy from the Sally's beauty supply store that are good.

Motions Shampoo
Motions Conditioner

Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair
Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer
Aphogee Two Minute Keratin Reconstructor
Aphogee (It stinks but I forgot what it's called, the writing on it is purple) for really damaged hair

Quene Helen Cholesteral Conditioner (All time favorite for my aunt that has waist length hair)

Dark and Lovely Ultra Conditioner.

MIDRANGE TO EXPENSIVE

Aubrey Organics Products
Selenium Shampoo
Jay Shampoo
Island Naturals Shampoo and Conditioners
GPB Conditioner

Earthly Delight Herbal Shampoo
Earthly Delight Conditioner.

Africian Formula Products

Beverly Johnson's Moisture Emphasis Shampoo and Conditioner.

Apple Cider Vinegar

Good ole fashion Olive Oil
Jojoba Oil
Wild Growth Hair Oil
Kemyi Oil

These are just some

Tracy

Sebastian Colorshines is a brand of temporary color that seals the cuticle, and therefore protects the hair from damage. It helps stop the ends from splitting. And it gives the hair lots of shine and body in the process.

They make it in clear. Hair Fanatic gave you some great suggestions though. I'd add Infusium 23 Power Pac Conditioner and Lanza Protein Plus Shampoo. I'm not sure if those'd work for you, but they're my favs. Elucence products are nice as well. Right now I'm using Kerastase Serum on my hair mixed with Dudley PCA Moisture Retainer. That will change by next week - cuz I'm a product junkie... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LondonDiva

Try ORS Hair Mayo or Motions CPR for a hair pick me up. My hair was like straw the other day and the Motions really gave my hair what it needed.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

So many products, so little time... /images/graemlins/grin.gif
My "stranded-on-a-desert island" products are (for now!) Salon Selectives Completely Drenched Shampoo, Aubrey's Organics GPB Conditioner, Suave Humectant Conditioner, Aussie Hair Insurance and Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter.