What's the best way to straighten duck bill clips?

JaneiR36

Can anyone think of a really good way to quickly straighten duck bill clips? I rollerset my hair last weekend but I used those small clips, where you may have to use two if you would like to clip the hair tightly to the entire roller. It was such a freakin' hassle getting that stuff on there that I got so frustrated rolling the hair.

Then I used one stray duck bill clip that had been straightened by accident, and it gripped! :grin: The original duck bill clips will not grip tightly because they are bowed, but since they are so long, they are the perfect tool for rollersetting, IMO. I would like to buy three to five packs (shorter hair = more rollers), so I'm not really looking forward to sitting down with a hammer and straightening each of them. Any ideas would be really appreciated, please ladies! :grin:

tenjoy

look for extra long staight clips. Duck bill clips are called duck bill because they curve like a duck's bill. Im sure you know this already!:yep: But I know what you mean about the long clips working better. I will look for some and get at you.

tenjoy

Good news! I was looking at my duck bill clips and i picked one up and it bent with not effort. The brand is Annie its item number is #3170. They are not the one with all the little holes in them. These are solid, but a much softer metal than the other ones. They came in a 5 pk

JaneiR36

Thank you! Where did you buy these? I picked up a five-pack of the regular stuff from Sally's. I didn't try to bend them by hand yet, I didn't actually think about that at all! My mind went straight to a tool but I could just put on a pair of gloves and get to work!

tenjoy

u dont need gloves, the bend is absolutley effortless. like bending a bobby pin!

I got these from the BSS

JaneiR36

lol... you are correct, I bent all five packs yesterday. I think I will rollerset with these today, hopefully it goes a lot better than when I was using the shorter clips! :)