What's up with your hair right now?

Brownie518

I was just wondering what's going on with everyone's hair. Are you loving your hair right now (like Sareca) or are you having problems? You all now how nosy I am :look: and I just wanted to know what we are all doing and using and how our hair is.

I was having a severe dry spell and I realized I didn't have many true moisturizing conditioners. :nono: I am loving some Aveda Brilliant, DE Super Moisturizing Conditioner, Dove Sheer Moisture Mist, Qhemet Heavy Cream, and Castor oil. Since incorporating these, my hair is in good condition.
But, I just noticed last Thursday that I had a little more shedding than normal. Not much, just a few hairs but I have been good with that. Using Alter Ego Hot Garlic regularly has mostly eliminated that but something is going on. I just happened to get my Essations Hair Mender from the exchange board so I am going to try that tonight.

I have also added ORS Replenishing and Hair Mayo to the rotation and they are doing a great job for me. My hair is so strong and soft. I just need to keep the shedding in check. I'm hoping this crazy weather in NY is the culprit. We will see.

So, what's up with you?

sareca

I'm still in :love3:
I just wish it would grow already! It looks longer, but I haven't hit a single milestone all year. I was at SL in Jan and I'm still at SL. :(

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
My hair is greasy and needs to be washed.

I don't know what I'm going to do with it after I wash it.

It's really uneven too.

I've been wearing a bun everyday and that's odd for me. Thats it.

KhandiB

Im not happy with my hair ..

It has just thinned out so much, I never remembered my hair being this thin in my life! - Then when I take pics , it makes me look like a mental case because it looks thick *sigh* - Ever since I had that horrible shed a few months ago http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/ArBen427/?action=view&current=shedding.jpg
Ive been on paranoid mode .. :nuts:

Im impatient, although I havent really set an aggresive goal, (BS by 4-27-08) I am upset im not there yet, and then I look at old pics and how I way should have already been brastrap a long time ago .. I get all upset ..

I have changed the way I do things, I co wash way more now, rarely ever wear my hair down... still not happy

Im :nuts:

dillard

i'm stretching. This is week 8 & I'm already losing it. I airdried in a ponytail 2 days ago and last night i used my caruso's. for the first time it turned out ok, nice soft shiny curls but my roots are PUFFYYYY!!! I'm going to a wedding on Saturday and will have to flat-iron I'm sorry. I still plan on stretching til December but I know I'm gonna be looking tow up! :nono:

tryingto

My hair is stubborn, it is not trying to give up any length:nono:, however it does feel really soft right now, thanks to dove mist, and african pride oil,:yep:, so to thank it , I am going to give it a Henna treatment, extra moisturizing conditioner, and a rollerset, :yep:, to show it how much I care,:Flahsssss

Bublin

I have been over moisturising my hair and had a damaging press.

I have just started using CPR as a conditioner and Vatika Oil at night.

This morning i trimmed off 1cm all over. There were some awful split ends going into the bin.:perplexed

My hair now looks lush! :yep:

billyne

hey..i was feeling kinda blah about my naps. been wearing a braidout these past few months. haven't really been deep conditioning like i should. a friend of mine told me my hair is growing the other day, but i haven't even noticed...haven't really been on the lhcf in a while..i missed you guys! but after reading a couple posts.. i'm feeling inspired!!:grin:

bLackButtaFly

My hair is really happy. I finally washed it last night -did my 10 en 1 conditioner(my baby's daddy),put on some healthy hair butter and castor oil and twists for the night- and it's so soft and moist today I feel bad pulling it back. I can't keep my hands out of my puff. And I can't wait for next week when I get my domincan blowout to length check. *crosses fingers for apl*

meaganita

My hair is still trying to bounce back from all the heat I put on it the other day.:ohwell: I updated my album, so I had to flat iron it (myself) and my ends have been pretty dry ever since. Even though I used a heat protectant, my hair is still pretty mad at me. But I've been moisturizing it every day and sealing with my castor/jojoba mix. So hopefully we'll be back on speaking terms soon........

Chanel's Tresses

My hair is happy but so big right now. I haven't texlaxed since April and I really want to go natural but I can't take the bigness. I don't know what to do. I am torn I want nice straight hair for my birthday so I may just hit the domoinicans and pray for a miracle. :look:

tapioca_pudding

My hair looks and feels good in general.... But my nape is very dry for some reason. :nono: I think it's because my scarf slips off my nape while I'm sleeping. I gotta get a satan pillowcase.

And my left side isn't smooth no matter what I do. I can't really explain it..... but it's like the top layer of hair on my left side won't lay down smooth. It's like the ends stick up. It's driving me nutso and I have no clue what to do it about it besides cutting it off. I've done ACV rinses, cold water rinses, I keep my moisturizer in the fridge, everything. The rest of my hair is responding very very well. But this left side.... nothing. :(

I know I used to sleep on that side exclusively so I think that may contribute to it alot. I've been alternating which side I sleep on tho. Maybe it will just take some time to heal. *sigh*

kware27

My hair is itchy:sad: and I have some dandruff and I never get that. But its probably because tomorrow is the 6th day since Ive washed it last week.:nono: So today as soon as I get home Im going to wash, oil rinse, DC, and rollerset. And hopefully my hair should feel great:grin:

Imani

Finally feel like i got a groove/ routine going. Wearing it up during the week and moisturizing with Qhemet Amla and Olive oil.

Just realized how much longer my ponytail is. It was only a little while ago in May when my hair couldn't even fit in a ponytail.

Still feel like its not growing as fast as i would like and doesn't look thick as i would like either:ohwell:

Poobity

My hair is chillin'.

I thoroughly washed, detangled, (I had golf ball size of shed hair......hadn't combed my hair in about a month....yeah, I know, lol. My style was the wash n go.), and did my hair in tiny braids on Sunday. I'm tired of doing it, and I wanna see some growth. It would be nice for my hair to be closer to midback (straight) than it is.

Le sigh.

I don't plan on taking the braids out until Thanksgiving.

natural_one

My hair is going pretty good. Right now we are in the middle of a 14 week stretch. Everything is laying down good since I have been wrapping it every night.

No probs here..

wheezy807

Every minute rethinknig this stretch.... My hair is very coarse at this point with alot of newgrowth. I dunno, but on the other hand i am determined to do this stretching this. I know, i should never ever be depressed about ng.

Lovelylocs

My hair very healthy and happy right now. I have a protein treatment in my hair right now and I'm under the hood dryer. Ahh... just like old times. :)

I'm looking for more inspiration. I am trying to reach a nice thick full shiny mid back length! :yep: So far my biggest inspiration is bollywood. They have such long dark beautiful hair. I'm a 4a, but when I get my hair blown out it looks kind of like their hair... somewhat. :lol: I think it is b/c I keep my hair so moisturized. I've seen other 4 type hairs with coarser heavy looking hair once it is blown out. :ohwell: I guess theirs isn't healthy.

To the shedders: Have u tried the garlic and olive oil prepoo solution? That works better than anything and u will only have to do it once or twice.

lana

Hmm, well my last texlax didn't really take and I'm on week five trying to get to week 10 at least...but my hair the new growth is acting up. I will just have to keep deep conditioning, moisturizing and wearing it up. If I can, I'll try to stretch two weeks until my next wash. That may help...or wear it curly on the weekends. I just hope I can make it to at least 10 weeks. Right now eight weeks is looking pretty tempting.:spinning:

I called myself applying my texlax really fast, but I guess it was too fast, cause it did NOT take.

My ends are a little dry and I just trimmed 4 weeks ago. I've used heat about four times since then...which is way less than normal for me. :drunk: I would hate to have to trim again sooo soon. But I've noticed with my 4a hair, that if I wait to trim, it's worse off than if I trim more often. :ohwell: I'm happy with my hair overall. I've grown and retained about 6-7 inches in 7 months. So I'm doing something right!

pattycake0701

My hair is happy 'cause I left it alone. I wear a totally instant weave during the day and when I come home, I snatch it off, moisturize my hair and put on the scarf and repeat the next day. I am preparing to flat iron my hair within the next few weeks.

I'm getting close to APL :grin:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I recently statred my journey and I feel like my hair is in a good place because thanks to this forum :urock:I found things that work and almost have a routine :cloud9: figured out my hair likes to left alone AND it loves to be hidden. Also, thanks to sistaslick I figured out when my hair needs protein or moisture THANKS GIRL!!!

I think I'm well on my way to healthy hair...thanks to you all :yep:

Cholet112

Im healing my scalp. I had an allergic reaction to something and my whole body broke out. I scratched my head to the point where I got chemical burn from some conditioner I put in it. I wasnt able to was my hair for a month and the medication dried and matted my hair so much. I was finally able to wash this weekend and my ends are chewed up. I cried for a minute because I went from SL to BSL in 9 months and all my progress has been stunted because I know my stylist is going to want to trim me. I cant get a relaxer for another month so my scalp can completely heal and that will put me at 16 weeks post which I have never done in my life!!!! Im so scare my hair is going to break off. Im going to handle it as little as possible. Ok....im done venting.....

Hair Peace

Not doing so hot right now.:nono: I'm only 6 weeks post and the new growth is so big! I washed it on Saturday, and it just didn't come out right. I think I need to do a reconstructor and I'm pretty sure I need a trim, but I can't find my hair scissors. That's probably keeping me from doing something drastic anyway. I just called my stylist and made an appointment for Sunday. I just can't take the bigness anymore.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

My hair is behaving quite well right now.

-I stopped shampooing twice a week. I am now only doing it once a week. I love it.
-I am only using sulfate free poos. Not sure yet if my hair is doing better because of it because it has only been for the last 4 shampoos.
-I stopped moisturizing daily. Just don't need it. My hair stays moist for days with my regimen. I may use oil once or twice between shampoos and that's it.
-Overall I am happy. I am still concentrating on things other than length itself. I have some grossly uneven layers that I am trying to grow out and that has become more important to me than over all length.

song_of_serenity

Not quite sure what's going on. I think I might be losing length but then again, could be hair anorexia or paranoia as well. I have a nice amount of newgrowth, so that could be why as well. My ends feel a little dry, I might need a trim. But I'm holding out until I reach my goals or might just do it myself. I'm tired of sissors happy stylists trying to get over on us.
Just purchased some red palm oil. My hair seems to like it. I'll try to keep it hidden in a french braid and my hands out of it as well.
I also don't think I'll reach armpit length in December. :cry:
~*Janelle~*