What's your favorite book/scripture in the bible?

gn1g

I love love love the Song of Solomon. And I have too many favorite scrips. I think that change with the seasons of my life. But here's two:

Let Him Kiss me with the kisses of His mouth. SoS 1:1 - Speaks to intimacy with God/spouse.

When my heart is overwhelmed lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Ps 61:2

Be encouraged.

pebbles

The Song of Solomon is quite the sensuous book! If only the men of today could read it and get a clue! LOL! :lol:

Goodness, there are so many passages that I love! Let me start with this:

"If God is for us, who can be against us?"-Romans 8:31

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
That is a hard question for I have so many

My favorite book would have to be the book of Ruth. When I read that book I think about how good God really is and it showes you that obedient is truly better than sacrifie. It Ruth had not left her people to go to a land where she didn't know any one but she was will to go anyways and look at what she got from going - A man of God, riches and awesome offsprings ( David and Jesus) can't get any better than that!!!!!

My favorite scripture would have to be: Matt 6:25:34 where Jesus says that just as the Father cares for the birds and the grass we should not be worried about tomorrow because the Father will take care of us also, if we just seek first the kingdom of God

Carlie

"I am crucified with Christ: neverthesless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20)

I have many favorite verses that truly bless my soul but this is my absolute favorite verse. I read it and I identify with it...it's talking about me. I was crucified with Christ, I am dead to the flesh and now only the spirit lives. My flesh doesn't control my actions and decisions but the Holy Spirit within me does all of that. It's no more I, but it's Christ that lives inside of me. When I'm going through tough battles, during my sufferings, I don't have the strength to go through but Christ strenthens me and takes me though. The old me doesn't exist any more. I no longer walk after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Thank you Jesus!

May this verse bless all of your souls as it has mine. :Rose:

dreamgurl

Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not to thine own understanding, in all thy ways acknowledge him, and he will direct thy path.

But there are so many others as well...

pebbles

Carlie said:
"I am crucified with Christ: neverthesless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20)

I have many favorite verses that truly bless my soul but this is my absolute favorite verse. I read it and I identify with it...it's talking about me. I was crucified with Christ, I am dead to the flesh and now only the spirit lives. My flesh doesn't control my actions and decisions but the Holy Spirit within me does all of that. It's no more I, but it's Christ that lives inside of me. When I'm going through tough battles, during my sufferings, I don't have the strength to go through but Christ strenthens me and takes me though. The old me doesn't exist any more. I no longer walk after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Thank you Jesus!

May this verse bless all of your souls as it has mine. :Rose:

This reminded me of another passage I love dearly. Just as the passage above, this one touches me deeply:

Colossians 2:11-13 (New Living Translation)
New Living Translation (NLT)

11When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised," but not by a physical procedure. It was a spiritual procedure--the cutting away of your sinful nature. 12For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with him you were raised to a new life because you trusted the mighty power of God, who raised Christ from the dead.

13You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ. He forgave all our sins.

pebbles

Here's another one that has taken me through some difficult times. I thank God for keeping my mouth shut on many occasions! LOL! :lol:

Psalm 141:3
New Living Translation (NLT)

3 Take control of what I say, O LORD,
and keep my lips sealed.

ssb

There are sooooo many scriptures that I love, but Philippians 2:13 always reminds me to let God have His way in every area of my life:

For it is God which worketh in you (me) both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

pebbles

Another favorite! :yay:

Acts 4:12 New International Version (NIV)

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”

BlkHoneyLuv2U

I have a lot of favorites but my most favorite is one that I know God gave to me personally,

Isa 41:10 "fear thou not for I am with thee, be not dismayed for I am thy God. I will strengthen thee, I will help thee, yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

I had it in my siggy for a long thime then took it out, but its going back real soon. God gave me this at a time when I felt all was lost. My back was against the wall and I could find no way out. These words gave me great comfort and the end results were that God did step in and take control of the situation. Everything worked out for my good. This was about five years ago and I still stand on this word, yes I get weak and discouraged but I remember His word for me and my spirit is stilled within me.

honeisos

my fav is Psalm 71
the whole scripture... but verse 7 stands out for me

I am as a wonder unto many; but thou art my strong refuge...

sithembile

I love Psalm 116, it describes exactly what God did for me when He saved me and delivered me from depression and despair. I also love Romans 8 and Philipians 3.

sillygurl18

Psalms 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land

Romans 14

The Weak and the Strong
1Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. 2One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. 4Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
5One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

9For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. 10You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. 11It is written: “ ‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will confess to God.’ ”[a] 12So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

13Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way. 14As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean. 15If your brother is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy your brother for whom Christ died. 16Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil. 17For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men.

19Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother to fall.

22So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.

Corinthians 13
Love
1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not selfseeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Psalms 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer

Colossian 4:6
6Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

TrustMeLove

The verse in my siggy.

Pauls writtings. Paul was such a rider for Christ and just how hardcore he is as a gentile inspires me daily to be more down for Christ. I have three Christian lady friends/ homegirls and we are called "the Rise" and our motto is "RIDE or DIE" meaning everything for Christ or just leave it alone.

And I recently stumbled upon Ecclesiastes, that whole book is just so tight.

RISSSEEEEE

-TrustTheWord

star

My favorite Psalm is ONE(1) and another scripture I live by is "No weapon formed up against you shall be able to prosper." Isaiah 54:17 :)

JuJuBoo

Child of THE King!
Bublnbrnsuga said:
Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you..." WHOO! :yay: That's the verse right there! :lol: That got me through high school, college, and still getting me through TODAY! "Plans to give you hope and a future" LOVE IT! I think every Christian needs to memorize that verse if they haven't already. :)

If I had to pick a book of the Bible, I'd have to say JAMES. I've read the book of James COUNTLESS times..."Consider it pure joy whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance..." or ""Do not merely listen to the word...do what it says" James is so honest and his message is CLEAR. He uses awesome analogies to bring his point across, yet he's quick to the point and blunt...dude, James is BLUNT! ...Alot like me...that's probably why I like it. :lol: Don't read James unless you're ready to feel convicted. :lol: It'll get you to live holy REAL quick! :rofl:

The "faith chapter" in Hebrews is another one of my favorites. (Hebrews 11) That right there will get you through a trial!

Last edited:

Dare~to~Dream

Favorite Book: Proverbs {NLT}

Favorite Scripture: "Who can find a virtuous woman; for her price is far above rubies"-Proverbs 31:10 {KJV}

B

Bublnbrnsuga

JuJuBoo said:
"For I know the plans I have for you..." WHOO! :yay: That's the verse right there! :lol: That got me through high school, college, and still getting me through TODAY! "Plans to give you hope and a future" LOVE IT! I think every Christian needs to memorize that verse if they haven't already. :)

If I had to pick a book of the Bible, I'd have to say JAMES. I've read the book of James COUNTLESS times..."Consider it pure joy whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance..." or ""Do not merely listen to the word...do what it says" James is so honest and his message is CLEAR. He uses awesome analogies to bring his point across, yet he's quick to the point and blunt...dude, James is BLUNT! ...Alot like me...that's probably why I like it. :lol: Don't read James unless you're ready to feel convicted. :lol: It'll get you to live holy REAL quick! :rofl:

The "faith chapter" in Hebrews is another one of my favorites. (Hebrews 11) That right there will get you through a trial!

Girl, where do you think I started applying this scripture-IN COLLEGE!! I heard it on CBN and it just ministered to me. Whenever I would question my future, I would meditate on that scripture.

CocoaButterflyy

after my paster and his wife did a series on love and relationships I'm loving the book of Ruth

favorite scripture Psalms 139:13-17

13For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother's womb.
14I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.
17How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!