What's your favorite coconut oil?

mrsbookworm

After all the raves about coconut oil on this site, I can't wait to buy some. For those who use it, what is your favorite brand? Can I order this stuff anywhere online? Do you get the virgin, solid, or liquid kind? Thanks in advance!!!

The one I use isn't pure coconut oil but I still like it. I use African Angel and it's sold in the beauty supply. It's liquid.

*Bre~Bre* said:
The one I use isn't pure coconut oil but I still like it. I use African Angel and it's sold in the beauty supply. It's liquid.

Same here, my favorite right now is Dabur Vatika oil from my local Indian grocer, which has a coconut oil base along with henna and Indian plant extracts. I also like Lou Ann pure coconut oil in the huge tub from Super Wal-Mart.

ETA: The Vatika is liquid when warm, the Lou Ann is solid.

Last edited:
SPECTRUM Organic Coconut Oil, you can purchase it online, Vitamin Shoppe or at health food stores / other vitamin stores.

taraglam2 said:
SPECTRUM Organic Coconut Oil, you can purchase it online, Vitamin Shoppe or at health food stores / other vitamin stores.

Co-signing on Spectrum. I have Parachute brand too, but I prefer Spectrum

Ive only used one brand, and it was the NOW brand thats sold in health food stores thats a solid. It works well IMO. I no longer use it because I was starting to get alot of breakouts on my back.:perplexed

Those of you who use the unrefined virgin coconut oil, what does it smell like? I saw some at the Vitamin Shoppe but I seem to remember someone saying it smells funny, like bacon grease? :perplexed

Priestess said:
Those of you who use the unrefined virgin coconut oil, what does it smell like? I saw some at the Vitamin Shoppe but I seem to remember someone saying it smells funny, like bacon grease? :perplexed

Another Spectrum oil user checking in. I also use Vatika Coconut oil. Mines smell exactly like coconuts. It isn't refined, so it is just straight from the coconut.

LocksOfLuV said:
Another Spectrum oil user checking in. I also use Vatika Coconut oil. Mines smell exactly like coconuts. It isn't refined, so it is just straight from the coconut.

That sounds yummy, seems like Spectrum is the way to go. :lick:

I haven't used Spectrum for awhile because I had ordered seven jars of Puritan's Pride extra virgin coconut oil when it was 70% off in late 2005 at vitamins.com. I still have one jar left. I like both brands but I've recently discovered Monoi oil which I love, but only use it sparingly because it is kind of expensive. I have been researching fractionated coconut oil. Does anyone use fractionated coconut oil?

Priestess said:
Same here, my favorite right now is Dabur Vatika oil from my local Indian grocer, which has a coconut oil base along with henna and Indian plant extracts. I also like Lou Ann pure coconut oil in the huge tub from Super Wal-Mart.

ETA: The Vatika is liquid when warm, the Lou Ann is solid.

yah, I just tried the Dabur Vatika Coconut Hair Oil and I love it....I love the smell, I love everything about it...but mostly I love how it left my hair feeling strong, thick, and shiny...yah and that was Friday...it still feels soft and moisturized today...yah for VATIKA..okay...back on topic folks:p

Okay here are some different types of coconut oil:

Organic
sa-7011.gif

Unrefined
sa-7014.gif

Extra Virgin
gu-7001.gif

So the Organic one is the one you guys are using? What's the difference between these, it's all making my head spin. :dizzy:

tsmith said:
yah, I just tried the Dabur Vatika Coconut Hair Oil and I love it....I love the smell, I love everything about it...but mostly I love how it left my hair feeling strong, thick, and shiny...yah and that was Friday...it still feels soft and moisturized today...yah for VATIKA..okay...back on topic folks:p

It is good, I like to seal my conditioner and sit under the dryer with it. :grin:

I use LAXMI brand in the dangerous glass jar for my after shower body oil sometimes {great for skin smoothing:p} . I used to use it on my hair until I finally opened {the plastic seal is hard to remove} my PARACHUTE brand today; it smells so nice, liquifies totally and seemed to penetrate into my hair and not just heavily coat my hair as the LAXMI did.

I didn't think the brand mattered, as long as its 100 percent pure coconut oil. I used to order mine online from fromnaturewithlove.com but since moving to Hawaii I can find pure coconut oil at the drugstore.

Back