• A combination of 2

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Not partial to any - I praise in all forms equally

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
There are different ways to PRAISE GOD... what's your favorite form of PRAISE?

TOWDAH
A sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving that honors God. It is initiated by the believer.
“Enter into his gates with thanksgiving (TOWDAH) and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him and bless his name.”
Psalm 100:4
Other references:
Psalm 42:4-5, Psalm 50:23, Psalm 116:17

YADAH

To raise and extend the hands unashamedly unto God.
“Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and bless the Lord.
Psalm 134:2
“I will praise (YADAH) Thee, O Lord, with my whole heart;
I will show forth all thy marvelous works
.”
Psalm 9:1
Other references:
Psalm 7:17, Psalm 54:6, Psalm 142:7

ZAMAR

To touch the strings or parts of a musical instrument; to play upon it and make music, sometimes accompanied by the voice.
Praise the Lord with harp: sing (ZAMAR) unto Him with psaltery
and an instrument of ten strings.”

Psalm 33:2
Other references:
Psalm 71:22, Psalm 98:5 & 6, Psalm 144:9

TEHILLAH

To sing in the spirit. (This is the only Hebrew word used when the Word of God speaks of the Lord “inhabiting our praise”.)
And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise (TEHILLAH) unto our God:many shall see it, and fear, and trust in the Lord.
Psalm 40:3
Other references:
Psalm 22:3, Psalm 34:1, Psalm 66:2

HALAL

To be clear, to shine, celebrate and rejoice in the Lord with a distinct sound. (Primary root of the word hallelujah)
I will declare Thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise (HALAL) Thee.”
Psalm 22:22
Other references:
Psalm 63:5, Psalm 69:30, Psalm 150

BARAK

To bless God as an act of adoration; to kneel expectantly and quietly before Him.
My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord: and let all flesh bless (BARAK) His holy name forever and ever.
Psalm 145:21
Other references:
Psalm 31:1, Psalm 63:4, Psalm 72:15

SHABACH

To address in a loud tone, to shout.
Because Thy loving kindness is better than life, my lips shall
praise (SHABACH) Thee.

Psalm 63:3
Other references:
Psalm 117:1, Psalm 145:4, Psalm 147:12

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
BTW, in service Sunday, a sistah did a Shabach near me you wouldn't believe.. :lachen:
It's a joy to be in the presence of a Praiser. For real... powerful stuff.

PinkPebbles

Last night in a dream I was praising and worshipping God. It seemed so real and was a combination of what you've listed. The experience was so powerful and heartfelt...

I was pleading with God about blocking something....

I woke up like wow.:blush:. I have a strange feeling that something is going to happen but I don't know what....

Vonnieluvs08

I do all of them at some time or another. I really enjoy Tehillah (mind you I can't sing well:lachen:), but it really stirs my spirit to sing out and praise the Lord in song.

Nice & Wavy

I chose "not partial to any..." because I do praise the Lord in many ways!

It's so wonderful to have a GOD who loves for us to praise and worship Him! I always imagine Him watching me with a HUGE kool-aide smile on His face:grin: saying...."there's my baby girl!"

:love3:

Nice & Wavy

Last night in a dream I was praising and worshipping God. It seemed so real and was a combination of what you've listed. The experience was so powerful and heartfelt...

I was pleading with God about blocking something....

I woke up like wow.:blush:. I have a strange feeling that something is going to happen but I don't know what....
:yep::yep::yep:...it's in my spirit too!

phynestone

A combination of all. Sometimes I want to sing, and sometimes I want to dance and shout. Listening to music and shouting seems to do the trick, especially when I'm down.

PinkPebbles

This morning I had a Barak praise!

Right now I feel a praise on the inside of me...more like a Tehillah praise!

God is good...and He is worthy of praise.

This morning I even thanked God for leading me to the right hair conditioner on yesterday to overcome my dryness... He is good!