What's your hair progress since using 'MTG'?

lillian743 said:
I havnt been using MTG, in almost 2 months because of the smell and the bad build up I get. But I have found that using polysorbate 80 helps with the build up.. I'm going to start using it again later on this year..

Okay what have you been using? Because I have had my fro for over a year and started transitioning in 2003, and it is nowhere near the length of yours!!!

Last edited:
I've been using mtg/ mixed with surge and biotin for approx 6 wks and have not seen the dramatic results others speak of - Mind you my hair is natural, and I'm not using heat (I refuse until my nat plaits touch my collar bone) so it's hard to measure. I took photos of my hairline at the start 6 wks ago and have pics of it now (album, under MTG/SURGE) and I do see a slight improvement, but like I said nothing outrageous. My dog has 2 bald spots from nervous biting and I've started using it on her and I have seen a more rapid improvement. Mind you I do not know the rate of dog hair growth lol.
I sometimes wonder if ppl are confusing new growth with different texture feel, as I find that mtg changes the way my roots feel, but once I wash hair my root texture returns to normal/previous state.

i mixed mine with some olive oil..and some rose otto essen. oil, and they smell is ok, its still there but not unbearable at all...i use mine 1-2x a week..thats about it..i have only been using it for a short time..so we shall see...
OMG....SHE'S SO CUTE!!!!! I LOVE THE CURLS, my baby has curls like your daughter's, don't ya just love their natural hair when they are younger......i'm not letting any chemcials touch her hair until she turns 18, when she decides what she wants---natural or relaxed.........:yep:

I might go back to sulu max gro(MTG), I can't see myself spending more $$$ on OCT.....I got some good growth with Sulu Max Gro.....hate the smell, but I can handle it though.....and I'll try to do progress pics......

I did get good results when I was consistant but I have also just started using this again and I will be applying it along with castor oil 3x a week

I havnt been using MTG, in almost 2 months because of the smell and the bad build up I get. But I have found that using polysorbate 80 helps with the build up.. I'm going to start using it again later on this year..

:yep:That was my trick to success with MTG when I used it in 2006 to grow my edges back in. I started using it again but not as faithfully as I did then. I massaged it in every night straight, the smell would be gone by morning. Every morning massaged Poly in and co-washed 1x a week.

Using it everyday didn't effect me at all, but then I'm not allergic to sulphur.

BTW I use poly for a scalp massage whenever and only co-wash 1x a week still. Will never put that down. I get it from Puritans Pride they're having a buy 1 get 1 free sale on now. You grow ladies :yay:

I have been using this since April 10 and have extra new growth a little over 1/4 of an inch. My hair growth rate in the past year has been slow I would get about an inch every 3 months for my touch up. so this and my vitamin regimen and bunning has helped quite a bit. growth aids and supplements do work.

Back