Wheat Germ Oil .... Uggh!

taz007

I just used wheat germ oil mixed with olive oil as a prepoo, hot oil treatment ... :nono::nono::nono::ohwell::ohwell::wallbash:

Not good. My hair was all gooey, gummy sticky and stinky! I had to wash my hair with a clarifying shampoo 3 times to get it all out. My hair is still stinky.:nono:

I am going to learn to just stick with what I know works. I will continue to only ingest wheat germ oil.

Off to join that "Make it work/No changes" challenge ....

summergirl08

I prefer to use Wheat Germ oil as a scalp moisturizer mixed with a few drops of peppermint essential oil. It hides the smell and my scalp feels all tingly refreshed and moist :yep:. I've never used it as a prepoo...

DaRealist

I have never tried it alone, but I add some to my conditioner for an extra moisturizing effect. Works great for my hair that way and the smell is covered by the conditioner.

Aggie

I prefer to use Wheat Germ oil as a scalp moisturizer mixed with a few drops of peppermint essential oil. It hides the smell and my scalp feels all tingly refreshed and moist :yep:. I've never used it as a prepoo...
Yeah, what she said...

MAMATO

Wheat Germ oil should not be used as a Hot Oil treatment. I keep mine in the refrigerator and put it on my hair 15 mins prior to washing it, while it is still cold. It is so moisturizing it doesn't need to stay on your hair longer than that to work. By heating it, you are destroying all the good benefits of the Vitamin E it contains. I dont recommend it for very fine hair though because it is too hydrating and can weigh it down. Well, mine is so stinky, I have to wash my hair twice everytime I use it. My hair is always silkier and shinier after using the WGO and it feels strong at the same time. HTH :)

MAMATO

Another great mix is mashed avocado and wheat germ oil. It is better to use a mixer so the final consistency would look like a mayonnaise. Avocado helps when you need more volume. Take care :)