Wheat germ oil users, has this ever happened to you??

curlycrocheter

I've recently decided to incorporate ceramides into my regimen. No particular reason, just reading all the benefits and decided to see if it made a difference. So I started light with sunflower oil using it to seal my moisturizer. No problems with it at all, it's actually now a staple oil for me to replace coconut oil in the winter.

Then I tried wheat germ oil. I used it to seal but the smell was unbearable. So I decided to try it in my dc. Worked fine, no complaints. Then I decided to use it to pre-poo, which is something I've only done once or twice. I used coconut oil and it worked fine. I had soft bouncy hair.

So I pour some wheat germ oil in a bowl bout a 1/4 cup and mix that with some EVCO. I slather my mixture one, wrap my head in saran wrap and a scarf and hit the sheets.

I wake up the next morning to rinse it out, hop in the shower, glop on some Vo5 condish and this crap would NOT RINSE OUT OF MY HEAD! It actually caked up in my scalp!! I was horrified! I had to turn the water to super cold before it even started to budge...I was in the shower for like 35 minutes!! WTH???? Has this happened to anyone else? Needless to say, I won't be doing anymore pre-poos or using so much wheat germ oil ever again!

DesignerCurls

I used WGO as a prepoo mixed with rice bran oil in my DD's very porous and dense hair. But I only left it in for an hour or so. I did find it hard to work out even with shampoo. WGO has lecithin in it so thar might be the problem. But I love using it mixed with the rice bran over top (sealing) my deep conditioner because it has made an tremendous improvement in the porosity of my DD's hair as well as mines. I do sit under a hooded dryer with this method and I don't have a problem washing it out.

LuvlyRain3

I love WGO but that stuff is hard as heck to get out. I usually mix mine with EVCO and avocado oil because both oils are pretty easy to rinse out. But I don't prepping overnight. It stays in for however long it takes me to eat breakfast .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Long Hair Care Forum App

KhandiB

Hold the phone they got a LHCF App?

I love WGO but that stuff is hard as heck to get out. I usually mix mine with EVCO and avocado oil because both oils are pretty easy to rinse out. But I don't prepping overnight. It stays in for however long it takes me to eat breakfast .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Tiye

I would have reached for the shampoo and washed it out. No choice in my house anyway coz the hot water supply is not a lot and 35 minutes is a long time to be in a cold shower esp. if it's not summer.

curlycrocheter

I would have reached for the shampoo and washed it out. No choice in my house anyway coz the hot water supply is not a lot and 35 minutes is a long time to be in a cold shower esp. if it's not summer.
Who are you telling? !? I don't even have any shampoo at my house, but I was praying for a miracle that day.

Mrs. Verde

@KhandiB - Where you been???? There's an Android app and an Iphone app on the way. There is also a tapatalk app that is for forums. I think there is an Iphone tapatalk app. I'm on my HTC Evo now. :grin:

Last edited:

BlaqBella

I use it (haven't used it overnight) but I've never had that happen at all. I even use it quite heavily when steaming nowadays. I'm glad you got it out.

ladysaraii

i use it and I've even left it in overnight, i dont really have that problem. but I also add EVOO and castor oil and ther eis some hempseed oil so maybe that helps matters. It sometimes likes to cling but, I think it comes out w/ a good shampoo.

Looked at the OP, yeah I've never done done that and then put on conditioner

Leesh

I believe because its heavy and has that consistency, I think its safer to use in a carrier oil, I diluted mine in EVOO, and I have never had a problem!

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I've never had that issue, but I do use shampoo after a pre-poo. Try mixing it 50:50 with EVOO, my favorite way to pre-poo with WhGO.

casey3035

Hmmm-I wonder if this would be good to use on hair before a relaxer to protect previously relaxed hair if it's so hard to wash out?