When did stylist start charging.......

LovelyRo

These stylists are losing it! I was in the Pennys' salon the other day (looking at products too) and there was this black woman in there complaining about how her hair was $265 and all she got was a bonded weave... and her tracks were CLEARLY showing! She was livid! The stylist didn't tell her how much it would cost until she was done! She got a black rinse... it was $65 bucks alone. But, they probably charged her by the track for the weave!

Incredible1ne

They do not charge by the hour at the JCPenney's in my area. It's predominantly white also. I wouldn't even entertain a salon that has a by the hour fee. What if the stylist is behind and you're sitting there waiting for her? Forget all that.

mscocoface

Do you have pics of the style you're wearing?

As I stated earlier is was a simple HYH hair do that I have.

I braided the back and did flat twists in the front.

This is the back braided up and hidden under a stain scarf before I put on the wig.

This is a full wig that I just put on the back of my head as a piece.

This is what the back looks like.

Last edited:

mscocoface

They do not charge by the hour at the JCPenney's in my area. It's predominantly white also. I wouldn't even entertain a salon that has a by the hour fee. What if the stylist is behind and you're sitting there waiting for her? Forget all that.

Exactly why I looked like she had slapped me. I use to get my hair done by a stylist in JC Penny when I lived in Hawaii, many many moons ago and that was not how it was done back then.

So I do not know why they would charge like this now.:nono:

tbaby_8

Hi,

I am new to this board, but when I saw this thread, I just had to post. I am a Lic. stylist and I can tell you, if I charged by the hour, I would be sitting at the house twiddling my thumbs looking around. I have never heard of charging by the hour. I know in the area I live in, we can't do it because clients will not pay for it and besides THAT'S JUST CRAZY. I know I don't want anybody charging me that way, so I wouldn't dare charge somebody else that way.

Sorry to be long winded.

****Unbelievable!!!!******:perplexed