When did you start "gaining weight"

Lyric

Meaning with your hair. You know how some women will take a high ponytail or bun out of their hair and the hair just falls so effortlessly like a tresseme or HE commercial? And then there's the hair that defies the laws of gravity so when you take out the pony u look like Don king :lachen: So ladies, at which point did ur hair start to gain weight? With it in its natural state or straightened?

testimony777

My hair will fall out of a bun or ponytail as soon as it is long enough to get in one. But it has only been in the last five months or so that I have noticed it feeling heavy.

I think that it has to do with the direction your hair grows in. My hair grows down. As soon as I get more than 2 inches of hair it starts to hang (which sucks because I can't really pull off a decent fro and 2 inch long sagging curls are NOT the business). But I never thought of my hair as heavy until just recently and I think that is because not having layers has added a lot of weight to my hair.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
My hair is fine and very light, it has always fallen when I take it out of a ponytail though. I don't think it's because of the weight because my hair feels as light as a feather to me lol. I think it may have more to do with the silkiness of the hair? And that it's not loaded down with heavy products...free flowing. I dunno, just speculating.

Lyric

My hair will fall out of a bun or ponytail as soon as it is long enough to get in one. But it has only been in the last five months or so that I have noticed it feeling heavy.

I think that it has to do with the direction your hair grows in. My hair grows down. As soon as I get more than 2 inches of hair it starts to hang (which sucks because I can't really pull off a decent fro and 2 inch long sagging curls are NOT the business). But I never thought of my hair as heavy until just recently and I think that is because not having layers has added a lot of weight to my hair.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
I was guessing it had something to do with layers also. I've noticed that as my hair grows the back curls are elongated and FINALLY touching my shoulders but the shorter layers on top just stick up. I guess SL is the beginning of my heavy point if that makes any

Aaaand bumpity bump bump.....

LovelyNaps26

in its natural state i don't think it'll seem like it has much weight to it. now if i flat ironed it now after a year since it was straight i think i'd feel the swang :lol: