when did yt men started using relaxers????

I like Shaun...he has a great sense of humor.

But I didn't like the weave comment on the last video.....and not feeding the kids...wth

I didn't like that comment either but you know it's true. My boyfriend said he saw an ex-classmate of his at the mall and her little daughter was looking a mess (hair a mess, snot and boogers on her face) but HER hair was on POINT and so was her outfit!

So, let me be the one to throw out the question: if White people (and those of other races) relax, are they as a race, accused of self-hate, having an identity crises, or being programmed to fit a societal norm?

Im not being glib either- I am really trying to understand why these theories are thrown out about African Americans and not others...

Thanks.

I just HAD to thank you again.:look:

THANK YOU.

So, let me be the one to throw out the question: if White people (and those of other races) relax, are they as a race, accused of self-hate, having an identity crises, or being programmed to fit a societal norm?

Im not being glib either- I am really trying to understand why these theories are thrown out about African Americans and not others...

Thanks.

I know of plenty of whites that relax, especially jews and italians
additionally, plenty of arabs do it

Thanks.

It's not just thrown at African Americans....THEY know they are all trying to fit society's idea of beauty...I think only black people accuse black people of self-hate. Other races don't throw that at us. And other races ADMIT to trying to attain the standard white beauty as well. So do white women. White women know they straighten their hair, dye it and wear blue contacts becaue they are trying to have that certain beauty. Indians and hispanics have hate within their communities ESPECIALLY when it comes to their different shade of brown. And I don't think they hide it either.

I think black people are more sensitive about it because of our history? I really don't know. But that's an issue within OUR community not society itself.

It's not just thrown at African Americans....THEY know they are all trying to fit society's idea of beauty...I think only black people accuse black people of self-hate. Other races don't throw that at us. And other races ADMIT to trying to attain the standard white beauty as well. So do white women. White women know they straighten their hair, dye it and wear blue contacts becaue they are trying to have that certain beauty. Indians and hispanics have hate within their communities ESPECIALLY when it comes to their different shade of brown. And I don't think they hide it either.

I think black people are more sensitive about it because of our history? I really don't know. But that's an issue within OUR community not society itself.

Me thinks so.

Back