When it Comes to Truth, Tolerance is a Travesty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honeyhips

Lovely
I used homosexuality and fornication as MY examples. I used witnessing to strangers , coworkers and family (people I know) as MY examples. I NEVER called you out. I DIDN'T mention anything about the ENT board. I was talking in general terms in my first post. I said that if you felt I was talking about you or anyone else, then you and anyone else would have to check yourselves. Not me. Sorta kinda like if the shoe fits wear it. I didn't feel attacked, just reexplainging my position, since you weren't sure if you received it in the right spirit or not.

pebbles said:
I don't feel the need to "check myself" because I don't participate very much on the celebrity threads or talk about people much. You can do a search of my past posts to see that for yourself. And I didn't mention anything about celebrities. I was not attacking you, I was making a point of answering some of the things you brought up. I did say that if I was wrong to say so, but I don't see the need for you to come at me the way that you're doing. This is a Christianity forum, and if we don't agree on something, we can do so differently than others would do on the regular forum.

I never said anything about talking to people you don't know. I don't approach just anybody off the streets, I'm talking about people that we do know, and I said before, my original post was not talking about homosexuality or anything of that nature, but rather the notion that Christians are to be tolerant of other beliefs that are contrary to the word of God. At any rate, my intention in posting this was to encourage those who feel they have to be tolerant of other beliefs, that the bible does not support such a notion.

pebbles

Honeyhips said:
I used homosexuality and fornication as MY examples. I used witnessing to strangers , coworkers and family (people I know) as MY examples. I NEVER called you out. I DIDN'T mention anything about the ENT board. I was talking in general terms in my first post. I said that if you felt I was talking about you or anyone else, then you and anyone else would have to check yourselves. Not me. Sorta kinda like if the shoe fits wear it. I didn't feel attacked, just reexplainging my position, since you weren't sure if you received it in the right spirit or not.

Yeah, I know what you were saying, and I did answer accordingly.

Honeyhips

Lovely
I don't think you did (understand what I was saying), but I'll leave it alone. Or I just won't ever add a different opinion in a thread.

You didn't explain that the article was not an internet article.

pebbles

Honeyhips said:
I don't think you did (understand what I was saying), but I'll leave it alone. Or I just won't ever add a different opinion in a thread.
Come on, who asked this of you? It's not that serious. I don't think I ever said everyone had to agree with me. Anyway, I do think that we have to handle disagreements on this forum differently than on the other forums, so if I misunderstood you, my apologies.

pebbles

Honeyhips said:
You didn't explain that the article was not an internet article.

No, I realize I didn't. I just mentioned that I read an article, but I didn't specify if it was a print or internet article.

Status
Not open for further replies.