When You Tuck And Roll....

fluffyforever

What do you use to secure the hair? Are folks mostly using standard hairpins? Or is there something else/a trick? I love a good tuck and roll, but not the hairpins that feel like they are slipping of out my hair. Help!
I could never get pins to work.

If your hair is long enough, you can make a loose ponytail, roll the ends to a base, and tuck the rolled ends up and over the ponytail holder, stuffing the rolled bun into your hair. The effect is a tucked bun that looks elegant.

However If you want your edges rolled and tucked too, do that first. Roll or flat twist edges/ wherever you want to do the rolls. Secure with a large teeth clip until all rolls are complete. Gather ends of hair and do the ponytail tuck to secure all rolls. Remove teeth clip and voila, rolled edges into a roll and tucked bun.

AmethystLily

Cynic on the outside; Dreamer on the inside
Flexi-8 clip
Hair stick
Ficcare
(I have the first two items)
But it's difficult for me to do this type of style because my hair's medium length but very (thick) dense.
ETA: Off-topic- I did discover a sort of "double-twist" style that I can do with my mini braids. I just use two pins. I may post a pic in the PS thread or the "Post your hair right now" thread.