Where Are All My Type 3 Naturals?!!

SmilingElephant

What do guys do for frizz? I try going without gel but this humidity RUINS it as soon as I open the door :(

Are there any curl creams out there that fight frizz?

SmilingElephant

Au Naturale Anti Shrinkage curl defining cream glaze or this one, it is on the pricy side but, I LOVE IT: Morrocan Oil Intense Curling Cream.

I'll try the cheaper one first! :lol:

I also love Mixed Chicks...it just doesn't do well for my wash and goes in the Summer...but it makes for great ponytails! I've also tried Eden Bodyworks coconut curl cream...GREAT results...but omg it left my hair super greasy! :nono:

NaturalShe94

I'll try the cheaper one first! :lol:

I also love Mixed Chicks...it just doesn't do well for my wash and goes in the Summer...but it makes for great ponytails! I've also tried Eden Bodyworks coconut curl cream...GREAT results...but omg it left my hair super greasy! :nono:

Lol, well let me know how you like the Au Naturale, they have two types.... One is for loose spiral curls and the other is for tight curls, coils and kinks. Depends on your curl pattern. I use the loose curls one in the pinkish jar, my sister uses the orangish one for coils (She's 4a). We love it.

And question: how often do you trim your hair? And do you get it trimmed or do you trim yourself?

SheenaVee

I think I'm a 3C.

I've just been doing the same ole same ole with my hair. Wash and gos one week, slicked back bun or ponytail the next week.

I'm really liking the shape of my hair now. I wanted a bit of colour so I put a few highlights on the curls around my face.

Current longest layer is armpit length. I don't really have a goal, I just want to resist cutting anymore of my hair and let it grow out.

I co wash once or twice a week. Sometimes more. Shampoo once every 2 weeks. Deep condition rarely, like maybe once every 3 months, and I only just started doing that again. I hadn't deep conditioned in years. I use a protein treatment every now and then.

I'm currently loving the Curls Botanical gel for my wash and gos. I use Ecostyler gel to slick my hair down when doing buns or ponytails.

Last edited:

SmilingElephant

Lol, well let me know how you like the Au Naturale, they have two types.... One is for loose spiral curls and the other is for tight curls, coils and kinks. Depends on your curl pattern. I use the loose curls one in the pinkish jar, my sister uses the orangish one for coils (She's 4a). We love it.

And question: how often do you trim your hair? And do you get it trimmed or do you trim yourself?

I trim my ends every 6 months myself. I've been trimming my own hair for 8 years. I don't trust ANYONE else with my hair! :nono:

I went and bought this stuff today...I think I may return the mousse and exchange for the glaze stuff :)

Attachments

• 2016-07-22 11.37.23 1.jpg
    2016-07-22 11.37.23 1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 103

NaturalShe94

I think I'm a 3C.

I've just been doing the same ole same ole with my hair. Wash and gos one week, slicked back bun or ponytail the next week.

I'm really liking the shape of my hair now. I wanted a bit of colour so I put a few highlights on the curls around my face.

Current longest layer is armpit length. I don't really have a goal, I just want to resist cutting anymore of my hair and let it grow out.

I co wash once or twice a week. Sometimes more. Shampoo once every 2 weeks. Deep condition rarely, like maybe once every 3 months, and I only just started doing that again. I hadn't deep conditioned in years. I use a protein treatment every now and then.

I'm currently loving the Curls Botanical gel for my wash and gos. I use Ecostyler gel to slick my hair down when doing buns or ponytails.

Hi!! Love your curls! I've never used those products but they seem to be popular especially the ecostyler gel. I use water and a little coconut oil to slick my hair back with a brush, if I see a bunch of flyaways, I use Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Paste... I never use to deep condition, but when I actually did it and I realized the long lasting moisture it gave my hair, that's when I made it a staple in my regimen biweekly.

NaturalShe94

I trim my ends every 6 months myself. I've been trimming my own hair for 8 years. I don't trust ANYONE else with my hair! :nono:

I went and bought this stuff today...I think I may return the mousse and exchange for the glaze stuff :)

I have a cousin that uses Garnier Fructis everything. She loves that line. I'd say try it out first. I used to use TreSemme EVERYTHING, I stopped because I feel like their products aren't natural. Well maybe TreSemme Naturals is, but I don't think I will be switching from OGX lol.
I started clipping my own ends last month. I'm starting to make it my own doing because when someone else does it they tend to trim off like 4-5 inches and I hate it.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper

I've been wanting to try that Garnier leave in. The one in the green bottle is my holy grail. Even got my mom hooked on it. But I can't understand why the green one is $3 but the curl Is $5. I'm petty but I can't make myself pay that extra $2 for almost the same thing and it seems like that one never goes on sale lol.

SmilingElephant

I've been wanting to try that Garnier leave in. The one in the green bottle is my holy grail. Even got my mom hooked on it. But I can't understand why the green one is $3 but the curl Is $5. I'm petty but I can't make myself pay that extra $2 for almost the same thing and it seems like that one never goes on sale lol.

I think it's more bc it's new and everybody is trying it....maybe? I really like it tho...it has more moisture than the green bottle and smells a little better lol

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
No ma'am. I get breakage if I don't. I alternate strong one week, then mild the next. So I do Nexxus, Ion, Komaza, Aphogee in that order. I make sure and use really good DCs and steam them in. No problems with overload.
Not a type 3, but I do this too (Nexxus, Ion, Aphogee, and, when I'm pressed for time, Neutral Protein Filler mixed in my dc's). Do you have fine strands?
Interesting. You're making me want to try a harder protein but I just don't think my hair likes protein. The hardest I use anymore is Joico K Pak Intense Hydrator.
Plus I use Redken Extreme Anti Snap as my leave in and i think it has protein. I know it has ceramides.

I think I'm going to try Nexxus Emergencee again soon. I haven't used it in years. That or the Aphogee 2 minute...:scratchchin:
My hair is in very screwy shape :cry3:. I just want to get this transition over with but I'm at the verrry beginning.

Honey Bee

Interesting. You're making me want to try a harder protein but I just don't think my hair likes protein. The hardest I use anymore is Joico K Pak Intense Hydrator.
Plus I use Redken Extreme Anti Snap as my leave in and i think it has protein. I know it has ceramides.

I think I'm going to try Nexxus Emergencee again soon. I haven't used it in years. That or the Aphogee 2 minute...:scratchchin:
My hair is in very screwy shape :cry3:. I just want to get this transition over with but I'm at the verrry beginning.
I'd recommend more protein (than less) during a transition, just as a general rule. That is, if you intend to maintain your length and I know you ain't trynna bc. :lol: Try both. Neither are especially 'hard'. Make sure your moisture game is on point tho.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
What do guys do for frizz? I try going without gel but this humidity RUINS it as soon as I open the door :(

Are there any curl creams out there that fight frizz?

I hate gel in my hair. I usually just use it on my edges. I prefer Camille Rose aloe whip on the length (if absolutely needed). It's like a buttery, moisture filled, jar of goodness. The hold is decent but the moisture is out of this world.

SmilingElephant

I hate gel in my hair. I usually just use it on my edges. I prefer Camille Rose aloe whip on the length (if absolutely needed). It's like a buttery, moisture filled, jar of goodness. The hold is decent but the moisture is out of this world.

I would rather use products like that...but I can only do that in the Fall/Winter. This humidity has no mercy on my curls...I end up having to put it in a bun or a ponytail.

So I put a whole lot more leave in, in than I do gel and it doesn't it leave it so crunchy and I also scrunch an oil in and that will get me through for about 3-4 days.

Ltown

Greyland
3b/3c here, i'm lazy right now where buns. i do roller set or flatiron or brush sometime for. change i used shea moisture shampoo every 2 weeks and use as i am for cowash for now. it took me a 2 years after becoming natural to learn how and what work on the different texures of my hair. i used various butter and cream my favorites are hairveda green butter and vatika frostiong. i have some Anna belle butters. my hair loves protein i used aphoghee green tea kertain spritiz and their 2 min reconstructor conditioner.

Daina

Just tried the Cantu Shea Butter line tonight. For my t/o I used the Coconut Curling Creme and the Twist & Lock gel for the first time. Hopefully my hair will be dry in the morning so I can untwist and wear my hair out for church. Monday morning I will be in a bun for the week.

NaturalShe94

3b/3c here, i'm lazy right now where buns. i do roller set or flatiron or brush sometime for. change i used shea moisture shampoo every 2 weeks and use as i am for cowash for now. it took me a 2 years after becoming natural to learn how and what work on the different texures of my hair. i used various butter and cream my favorites are hairveda green butter and vatika frostiong. i have some Anna belle butters. my hair loves protein i used aphoghee green tea kertain spritiz and their 2 min reconstructor conditioner.

My hair loves protein as well. I just discovered this not too long ago. I thought my hair was "protein sensitive" because of what Ive read about low porosity hair being protein sensitive. But, I think my hair is closer to normal porosity than low. It holds moisture well and I could go a good month and a half to two months until I have to do another protein treatment. Do you have any length goals?

NaturalShe94

Has anyone ever used Jane Carters Twist out Foam for twist outs? How'd you like it?? Haven't tried it, but thinking of using it.

Ltown

Greyland
My hair loves protein as well. I just discovered this not too long ago. I thought my hair was "protein sensitive" because of what Ive read about low porosity hair being protein sensitive. But, I think my hair is closer to normal porosity than low. It holds moisture well and I could go a good month and a half to two months until I have to do another protein treatment. Do you have any length goals?
no not anymore i was apl but now i'm sl, it enough hair to do what i need. when it longer it get in the way and caught on things.

NaturalShe94

Just tried the Cantu Shea Butter line tonight. For my t/o I used the Coconut Curling Creme and the Twist & Lock gel for the first time. Hopefully my hair will be dry in the morning so I can untwist and wear my hair out for church. Monday morning I will be in a bun for the week.

HI, how did your t/o come out,

Daina

Has anyone ever used Jane Carters Twist out Foam for twist outs? How'd you like it?? Haven't tried it, but thinking of using it.

@NaturalShe94, my hair doesn't seem to agree with her products. With the exception of the water based sprays and the seal and shine spray. The foam, leave-in and curl cream were all a no-go. They dried my hair out.

jasmine26

3c natural checking in!

hair length: bsl
hair goal: bsl

my regimen is not perfect. But 90% of time I do wash n go's. I shampoo once weekly w/sulfate free shampoo. Deep condition once weekly with Shea moisture conditioners. I cowash every 3 days with Aussie Moist or HH. My all time favorite products are JBCO leave in followed by Renpure Curling jelly. I seal with any oil. Detangle wet under shower w/Conair detangling comb and/or fingers. Trim every 3-6 months. I am bad about pineappling my hair and sleeping on my satin pillowcase:/

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 97