Where are the super short haired Gals?!

RegaLady

I am a newbie here, and I have been lurking for a while. I will post my hair length in due time. I am growing out a Halle B cut, and I can't seem to find anyone with short hair, here, to inspire me. I love the short look on me and so does everyone else and my husband. But after 9 years I am sooooooo sick of it.

Is there anyone here with some advice? Anyone who had nape length hair and grew it out?

Ultimate goal:Health hair
Short term goal: Bob or chin length.
Long term goal: APL, health hair

naturalgurl

LOTS of gals here grew hair from nape of neck to other lengths. WHERE R U GALS!!!??? BUMP! Hope this helps!

RegaLady

Thank you ladies! I just kind of wanted to see what were the challenges that you faced, and how long it took to achieve the desired length.

Rei

I had a halle berry cut too~!

me in 2006

now in 2008, i'm just poppin shoulder length when I straighten it. slow hairgrowth is slow, but *shrugs* its getting there.

I think its a lot harder when you have short hair, because it seems like you HAVE to use heat :look:. When everyone else can just put it up in a bun or a ponytail, that option isn't really there...

kandake

I'm here. :grin:

When I joined this site I didn't intend on growing out my hair. But after looking at so many beautiful heads of hair and amazing growth, I now want to challenge myself and my hair see if it can grow. Its never grown past my neck.

Just like you, my hair has been short for 10 years or so. I prefer it short and most people like my short hair.

Everytime I decide to grow it out I end up cutting it again. So, we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

PassionFruit

my fotki is there to show how short hair (andunhealthy) my haiur currently is and how healthy it will be ( though unlike most here, my goal isnt to have long hair... shoulder length is just fine... )

jamaicalovely

I had a halle berry cut too~!

me in 2006

now in 2008, i'm just poppin shoulder length when I straighten it. slow hairgrowth is slow, but *shrugs* its getting there.

I think its a lot harder when you have short hair, because it seems like you HAVE to use heat :look:. When everyone else can just put it up in a bun or a ponytail, that option isn't really there...

Love your hair in this pic. Color is hot!