Where are we getting our remy lace wigs from?

CurlsBazillion

I am tired of synthetic and want to give wig vendors another try. I'm in the market for a front or full lace 18-20 in kinky curly (or curly-wavy) remy wig. I am open to any company other than platinum wigs, I don't like platinum's so called remy wigs, ugghhhh more like human blend.

What vendor do you trust?
When was your last purchase?
How is the hair holding up, can it hold curls, is it easy to detangle, does it shed like a beast?

djkforeal

I am currently liking Best Lace Wigs because I am liking how the lace lays down flat. Only thing is that their stock lace wigs are pretty thin, but it also doesn't look fake because of the thin density.

Blairx0

What vendor do you trust?

Tried mylittlesercets.com and had a horrible experience. Now I buy from orderwigsonline.com

When was your last purchase?

Months to a year ago

How is the hair holding up, can it hold curls, is it easy to detangle, does it shed like a beast? [/QUOTE]

The three wigs I gave purchased over the years held up great. I got the kinky straight blend. Only a Little shedding. I am rough with my units. I slept in it, traveled in it and the like. All three still curl, swing and can be worn. I don't really curl them, but I did flat iron it to shape/style it more than once. As far as detangling I washed it under the faucet and used Aussie mosit to detangle without issue

Last edited:

SelfStyled

I really like Bestlacewigs too. The shipping is fast, faster than Hairsisters which is in the US lol. The straight wig I had did not shed at all! http://public.fotki.com/SelfStyled/2010/the-wonderful-world/lacefront/best-lace-wigs-052.html I ordered a Deep Curl and that one does shed. I think if the hair is processed, it is going to shed.

I am in the market to order a loose wave wig, which BLW does not have in their stock wigs and am looking for a new vendor. Some of the vendors I got from researching BHM were:
World Beauty Wigs
Ruth's Beauty
Sassy Secrets
Platinum Wigs

CurlsBazillion What's good with Platinum wigs?

Blairx0 Thanks for the tip re: orderwigsonline Their wigs look good. How long is the shipping wait?

Blairx0

2-3 days. The shipping is pricey 20 bucks, I think, but it is so fast and still comes in at less cost than other sites

Last edited:

CurlsBazillion

Blairx0 thanks for the tip, going to check them out right now. SelfStyled Platinum wigs look great online. Looked awesome when I received the unit (yaky bang unstyled) but after two weeks the shedding kept getting worse and worse and worse. When I decided to curl it it wouldn't hold a curl even with a shaper spray all over it.. It was supposed to be remy but was human blend if that. I had to use a paddle brush on the unit every ten minutes to look decent. After two months of continuious wear I had to throw it away, the wig was so thin and dead looking I had to let it go.

SelfStyled

Blairx0 thanks for the tip, going to check them out right now. SelfStyled Platinum wigs look great online. Looked awesome when I received the unit (yaky bang unstyled) but after two weeks the shedding kept getting worse and worse and worse. When I decided to curl it it wouldn't hold a curl even with a shaper spray all over it.. It was supposed to be remy but was human blend if that. I had to use a paddle brush on the unit every ten minutes to look decent. After two months of continuious wear I had to throw it away, the wig was so thin and dead looking I had to let it go.

Aww man. They looked good on YT. Thanks so much for the honest review. Looks like I will be avoiding them.

MsLauren

CurlsBazillion said:

I bought the same wig and had a great experience. No shedding, it curled great, and Im definitely going to buy it again. My only complaint is that I ordered a 1B and it definitely looked like a 2. So I colored it jet black with box color and still didn't have any shedding!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
My yaky bang (unstyled) from platinum wigs was a shedding NIGHTMARE.:nono:
Such a shame.

I can vouch for bestlacewigs.com.
I have ordered several units from them over the years and have been 100% satisfied.

missjanelleb

my last 5 have been from lacewigsfront.com. shipping is super quick and $15 no matter how many wigs you order. Pricing is great too. My only word of advice is to make sure it is in stock before you order. They have an IM function so you can talk to someone and ask questions.

FearlessNik

**These reviews are based on customer service/ shipping only. I'm out of the country and won't be able to see my hair for about 2 weeks.

I just had to cancel an order from lacewigsfront.com. I ordered a closure. 6 days after purchasing I still hadn't received it. The DHL info had been entered 2 days ago but nothing was updated. I called DHL this morning (thinking it was a tracking error) and was told the vendor had not sent my package out yet. I emailed LWF.com and they told me the closures were out of stock and it would take about a week. I told them I would like to cancel my order. If I had time to wait I would have ordered a custom made closure in the beginning! :angry:

At the same time I had ordered a Chinese yaki wig from bestlacewigs.com. My hair made it to my house in 2 days! I just purchased a new stock closure from them.

Once I see the hair I will come back and comment on it. But as of now BLW.com is winning (though the price was about $10 higher for 2 inches shorter. But BLW didn't charge for shipping).

Browniee

Best lace wigs. The shipping was fast (for me 3 days). This is mt second wig, and i have no problems with it. The only negative i have to say is the wig i ordered looks different from what i was expecting, but overall the quality is great, the customer service was great, and the overall wig is an 8/10.

SelfStyled

Best lace wigs. The shipping was fast (for me 3 days). This is mt second wig, and i have no problems with it. The only negative i have to say is the wig i ordered looks different from what i was expecting, but overall the quality is great, the customer service was great, and the overall wig is an 8/10.

This:yep: I have ordered 3 wigs from BLW, IA with you, the hair is good, customer service always good, shipping is in point. The only negative I have is that the last wig I ordered was supposed to be a 14" body wave. It looked like it should be a loose curl right? Wrong! It came in tight bouncy curls. I did not want to through the hassle of returning the wig. So I am trying to loosen the curl on the wig.

Browniee which wig did you order-that was not the way you thought it would look?

Browniee

SelfStyled i ordered the wig sw082. I watched youtube videos on it, and looked at pictures and everything. So when i got the box, i was actually thinking i would look like ateyaa, from youtube. boy oh boy was i wrong. I dont even think mine has baby hair on it!! but its still a nice wig. I will try to take a picture of what it actually looks like on my head, with a shot of what i was expecting. It's a nice wig though.