Where are you getting your headbands & scarves from???

Ms_Twana

I have tried to find some. I see some ladies with gorgeous headbands and scarves on their heads, but I can't seem to find any cute ones. I just find plain multi-colored packs at Walmart and Target. I've even tried Sally's. Ladies, please fill me in on where you get your hair accessories!! TIA!!!

I ot mass at family dolla.. like a 3 pace of solid ones fa a dollar.. but theris different.. they got like designs in the fabric materal or something

and there theise other ones that is like a big solid head band that come with mass skinney one that have shapes and stuff it came with a solid medium one too it was a dolla fifty

and girls at my skool tell me they go to body central, charlet rouse, and claires/icing/after thoughts to get theres but they cost a lot

I make most of my own by getting fabrics I like from the local fabric store. Also if you don't mind used products I have found some beautiful vintage scarves at local thrift stores.

Ms Lala said:
I make most of my own by getting fabrics I like from the local fabric store. Also if you don't mind used products I have found some beautiful vintage scarves at local thrift stores.

Same here! There is such a variety of fabrics/patterns at fabric stores and it comes out super cheap!

Oh okay!! Thanks ladies. I'll try Body Central and Claires. But for the ones made with fabric, how do you hide the shredding from where you cut the material. Or am I the only one who has that when I cut!!! :lachen:

Ms Lala said:

I do the same thing. I also aks family memebers, my favorites I got from my Grandma. I think everytime I go to a store I buy headbands. I think I should be able to match every color in my closet by now.

I think if you get a good fabric and some good shears, the fraying should be at a minimum.

Ms_Twana said:
Oh okay!! Thanks ladies. I'll try Body Central and Claires. But for the ones made with fabric, how do you hide the shredding from where you cut the material. Or am I the only one who has that when I cut!!! :lachen:

If you have a good pair of sewing shears the shredding should not happen. Unless you are using real satiny type fabric and in that case you'll have to sew it probably. Sometimes I will stitch/hem it around but if I don't feel like it I use this no sew stuff that you use to iron the edges down. It come in a roll and it only cost a couple of book, they used to sell it in the fabric section of walmart. I don't know the exact name of it.

I get my headbands from my local BSS. Not Sally's, the regular one. They have every color, texture and size of head band imaginable, seriously. And they're usually between $1 and $3 at the most. Charlotte Russe and 'em got some cute ones too, but for buying to match every outfit you've got with good value, find a large BSS and go the accessories section. ;)

Back