Which conditioner gives you ur idea co-washing experience? I think I found mine!

Anna9764

This is my second year trying co-washing and this year I think I got it! Suave Humectant is my ultimate conditioner for co-washes. It leaves my hair texture moist and smooth. Last year I tried other cheapie's with yummy fruit or flower-y scents that smell great but didn't give me my idea co-washing experience (so to speak).

I may experiment a little with other brands and scents, but Suave Humectant is a true staple :yep:....What's yours ?

VO5 variety

Suave variety

Humectants

Mail 'n Tail

Herbal Essence

Other brands/please specify

drappedup

I agree! Suave Humectant is my absolute love when it comes to conditioner. :love:

I'll never forget the very first time I cowashed with it. AMAZED. I was shocked. I love the stuff. It not only smells heavenly, but it works heavenly too! My second favorite is the G3 Skala, a very very close silver medal.

This is funny, because I actually JUST finished cowashing my hair like 10 minutes ago........and I was using my soulmate conditioner Suave H. ^_____^

Victorian

old head
Organix Coconut Milk
a bunch from Jason Natural Cosmetics, but especially Biotin and Sea Kelp varieties.
G3 Skala is the latest discovery. It's pretty awesome.

Suave Humectant over-moisturized my hair, but my hair is kinda finicky like that...

NikkiQ

I agree! Suave Humectant is my absolute love when it comes to conditioner. :love:

I'll never forget the very first time I cowashed with it. AMAZED. I was shocked. I love the stuff. It not only smells heavenly, but it works heavenly too! My second favorite is the G3 Skala, a very very close silver medal.

This is funny, because I actually JUST finished cowashing my hair like 10 minutes ago........and I was using my soulmate conditioner Suave H. ^_____^

:lachen: I used it tonight too!!! I absolutely loved it. I tried Suave Almond and Shea Butter since others mentioned how great it was in other threads, but the Humectant puts it to shame!!!

flowinlocks

Aussie moist is my baby's daddy. Next on the list is my old standby Suave Humectant.\

ETA: I almost forgot about Skala

Toy

Aussie Moist
Wen Fig
Skala Fruit cocktail conditioner
Skala shea butter conditioner

Last edited:

SmilingElephant

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose is my FAVORITE conditioner to co-wash with bc its leaves my hair and scalp feeling clean, my hair feels strengthened and moisturized at the same time and it melts my tangles:lick:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

:rofl:!!!!

I ain't say i liked the price....but at almost 11 weeks post?..that conditioner is my Holy Grail right now!!!

Otherhhwise...i like suave naturals in juicy green apple:yep:
:lachen::lachen::lachen: i'm conserving that iiiish... i'm super heavy handed, and those bottles are so small
(i never tried co-washing with it... trying to test it out, in kimmay leave-in formula) the first nite I DC'd overnite... hated the way my hair felt

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I have a two-way tie.... ok three-way tie....

Aussie Moist vs. Tresseme vs. Pantene Relaxed & natural...

Whichever one is on sale is the one I will grab!! My hair LOVES all three. They moisturize my hair and leave it soft, clean, and refreshed.

KinkyGenius

I can only do cone-free conditioners because build up causes me too much breakage:

Tresemme Naturals
Bee Mine Bee Lovely Moisturizing Daily Conditioner

Surprisingly I think the Tresemme might be the better co-washing condish for me, for a "cheapie" it really leaves my hair so moisturized and tangle free.

Last edited:

SelfStyled

My Holy Grail is Hairone- Jojoba. It cleanses, conditions, moisturizes, and tingles.

Other favorites are:
Tresseme Naturals
Aussie Moist
Trader Joe's Conditioner
Victoria's Secret So Sexy

jupitermoon

Giovanni conditioners. I use them to co wash and as a leave in. I bought 2 gallon sized bottles of Giovanni conditioners from www.massagewarehouse.com back in April/May and I'm still on the first bottle.

They are cone free and have great slip and are very moisturizing. Right now I'm using the Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture conditioner and the 50:50 Hydrating Calming conditioner (not at the same time). I find that the Giovanni condioners pretty much work the same. I just read the ingredients to make sure cones aren't included.

When I did use cones I used Aussie Moist and Herbal Essence Hello Hydration conditoners. Both of them were moisturizing and had excellent slip. They also had similar scents and ingredients.

misscrystal

Nappy and Happy
Mine are Giovanni Smooth As Silk and Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor. Both are a bit heavy duty, but I've never ever found a cheapie conditioner that can moisturize my hair like SAS, or can make my hair feel strong and healthy like AK2R, in just a matter of minutes.

NIN4eva

I use DC's like Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Nexxuss Humectress and Silk Elements MegaSilk Intense Conditioning Mayonnaise. Sometimes I alternate or mix them together and add olive oil and/or honey depending on what my hair needs.

If I'm feeling frugal I'll mix in some Aussie Moist, but that's the only drugstore or "cheapie" conditioner I can use. The Sauves, V05's and Garnier leave my hair feeling like straw. Also, if I try to use Aussie Moist alone it's no good.

Whatever I use gets warmed in the microwave first. For me it helps prevent build-up being left on my scalp.

KinkyGenius

My Holy Grail is Hairone- Jojoba. It cleanses, conditions, moisturizes, and tingles.

Other favorites are:
Tresseme Naturals
Aussie Moist
Trader Joe's Conditioner
Victoria's Secret So Sexy

@ bolded: Hmmm, I never thought to co-wash with my Hair One, I just use it on my wash day to cleanse my hair :scratchch

SingBrina

This is my second year trying co-washing and this year I think I got it! Suave Humectant is my ultimate conditioner for co-washes. It leaves my hair texture moist and smooth. Last year I tried other cheapie's with yummy fruit or flower-y scents that smell great but didn't give me my idea co-washing experience (so to speak).

I may experiment a little with other brands and scents, but Suave Humectant is a true staple :yep:....What's yours ?

VO5 variety

Suave variety

Humectants

Mail 'n Tail

Herbal Essence

Other brands/please specify

OMGOSH! I was just thinking this the other day! Yessss cant wait to see the replies!

BostonMaria

Suave Naturals Conditioner in Tropical Coconut is my FAVORITE and the only one I like for co-washing.

SingBrina

I love Hair One Tea Tree. But I see a lot voted Suave Humectant and Aussie Moist. I will be picking those up!!! :)

I am married to VO5 Moisture Milks; but, I'm having a torrid affair with Suave Humectant and Suave Almond and Shea Butter. I'm such a no-good jezebel. Don't tell anyone!