Which conditioners have a good balance of protein and moisture?

achangedlife

I just started using Regis Designline Intensify Conditioning Therapy this past week and it is honestly the best balance between protein and moisture that I've found to this date. My hair is not overly soft from too much moisture or overly dry from too much protein. The last couple of washes I didn't even use a leave in conditioner cause I didn't feel like I needed one.

This is absolutely a deep conditioner though. The results are not the same without heat. It's funny because intially it doesn't seem to do anything special. The sales lady told me that a little would go a long way, but it didn't seem to spread easily. She told me I would feel my hair soften, but I didn't (at least not when I used it without heat, with heat it softened but I was still expecting more). It didn't give any slip while in the hair or while rinsing off. It didn't detangle well. When I blowdried on cool with or without CHI Silk Infusion, my hair didn't feel really moisturized.

But after I flat ironed, My, My, My. I haven't even touched my other conditioners since I bought this one. I wish I bought this before I bought my Kerastase 2 wks ago. Either way it's nice to not have to worry about using products for both moisture and protein.

Anyway, any other conditioners balance protein and moisture well?

beautydefined

I just read on a thread that Shea Butter Organix Conditioner has the right amount of both.. but I haven't used it myself. &I hear Organix is buy one, get one this week girl.

30something

Silicon mix proteina

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Sorbitol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Keratin, Silk Proteins, Poliquaternium-70 (and) Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (Pearl Extract), Clyclomethicone (and) Dimethiconol, Citric Acid, Propyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben, Diazolindinyl Urea (and) lodopropynly Butylcarbamate, FD&C Blue #1, Fragrance

yodie

I love this conditioner I use it once a week because I cowash daily and it keeps my hair from getting mushy and weak but it's not a heavy protein. It's just right for me.

I'm going to start using this for my co-wash. Great idea.
thanks.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Off the Top of My Head:

AO GBP
Claudie's Normalizing Conditioner

ETA:

Hairveda's MoistPRO

Last edited:

ronie

Claudine s normalizing conditioner
Silk dreams Shea what.

Long time ago I used ORS replenishing pack with good results, but I had to let it go because of the aloe Vera. It did get my hair soft though.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
For 2014

Hairveda MoistPRO
AO's GBP
Cathy Howse UBH
BeeMine DC'er
Claudie's Normalizing
Silk Dreams Shea What
SheScentIt Fortifying