Which is more beneficial a conditioning cap or a soft bonnet hood dryer?

Rose1

Hi All

I was just wondering which would be more beneficial for my hair to DC with a conditioning cap or a soft bonnet hood dryer. I want to use heat to step up my DC treatments.

Here are my options:

Vidal Sassoon Bonnet Hood Dryer - http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...00002201&langId=-1&searchTerms=sassoon bonnet Can I do the Aphogee 2 Step treatment with a soft bonnet hairdryer? I previously posted this question in another thread, but got no response.

Aphrodite Conditioning Cap - http://www.beautyhairproducts.net/i...quipment/aphrodite-conditioning-cap/p_50.html

If anyone has used either of these products, please let me know how effective they are.

sheba1

Hey there, Rose, I think it's a matter of preference. Either or is fine. I wouldn't use a bonnet dryer for 2 step, though. You don't want anything to disturb the hair once it's hardened, ya know? And since the bonnet sits right on top... yeah, I wouldn't risk it.

ms.blue

I use a conditioning cap b/c I like watching tv while deep conditioning but if you going to use hardcore protein treatments it's better to use a bonnet dryer. It's all about preference like sheba1 said.

Rose1

Hey there, Rose, I think it's a matter of preference. Either or is fine. I wouldn't use a bonnet dryer for 2 step, though. You don't want anything to disturb the hair once it's hardened, ya know? And since the bonnet sits right on top... yeah, I wouldn't risk it.

Thank you, I have never used a soft bonnet dryer before so didn't even think about how close it would be to my head when using the 2 step.

LadyPaniolo

I love my Mastex heating cap, as it is silent. Using the dryer makes it hard to hear what the kids are saying, and hard to listen to music or hear the TV. IME, if DCing is annoying or a PITA in any way, I'm less likely to do it. Hence the joy of the heating cap. I can curl up on the couch with a book, or put on a CD I like, watch a movie or whatever. Last night I DCed while watching Lost.