Which Reconstructor Do You Use? And When?

Which Reconstructor Do You Use

• Aveda Damage Remedy Reconstructor

Votes: 51 6.7%
  • BBD Stretch

Votes: 16 2.1%
  • Aphogee 2 Min Intensive Keratin

Votes: 295 39.0%
  • Joico KPak Reconstructor

Votes: 81 10.7%
  • Affirm 5-in-1 Reconstructor

Votes: 44 5.8%
  • Giovanni Reconstructor

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Keracare Super Reconstructor

Votes: 15 2.0%
  • Motions CPR

Votes: 81 10.7%
  • ION Reconstructor

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aggie

An excellent one that no one has mention here that's just as good as DRC28 is

LAMAUR BONE MARROW TREATMENT. it strengthens hair perfectly. I use it if my hair is really out of wack.

I need to check into this DRC 28 by Dudley's. I have a friend that distributes Dudley's products so I'll see if she has it.

tbaby_8

For those that use the BBD stretch, how is it? I have been eyeing that item for awhile, but didn't want to spend the money on it just yet before I knew how it worked.

tbaby_8

It is listed above as a reconstructor, but I always thought it was a leave in. I am trying to get clarity on it.

baddison

natural for good
http://www.iherb.com/productdetails.aspx?pid=2927555540803582536&utm_source=gb&utm_medium=f2

Has anyone tried the newest "Giovanni, Smooth as Silk Xtreme, Protein Hair Infusion"

It comes in 1oz packets and also a 5.1oz tube. I just purchased six of the packets from VitaGlo.com

Was wondering if I am the first, or if someone has already tried this. I am already in love with Giovanni products (specifically the Smooth as Silk Shampoo, Smooth as Silk Conditioner, and the Direct Leave-In:lick:)

Here's some info:

Description
  • Organic Hair Care
  • For Dry, Damaged Hair
  • With moisturizing Shea Butter, softening Macadamia and vitamin -rich Kukui oils for smooth, hydrated, rejuvenated hair
  • PureOrganic Technology
  • Combs through hair to repair extreme damage
  • Adds body, shine and smooth-as-silk slip
  • revitalizes frayed, raspy, damaged, over-processed or coarse hair
  • Indulged by professionals
Color treatments, hot irons, over-processing. It's enough to make even the strangest hair beg for mercy. Luckily, Smooth As Silk Xtreme Protein Hair Infusion is on the job. Using elaborate damage controllers, this organic protein power pack penetrates deep to repair. Shea Butter, Soy Protein, and Macadamia Nut Oil combine to detangle, moisturize, rejuvenate and rebuild hair's raspy, frayed cuticle. The result: repaired hair that's smooth as silk!

Each Giovanni Organic Hair Care formula contains a blend of organic oils, ripe-harvested from renewable plants at the peak of their freshness, cold pressed and refrigerated immediately to ensure maximum purity. Infuses each individual strand of hair with vitamins, nutrients and protein for strength and vitality.

Supplement Facts Certified Organic *Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit), *Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Valencia Orange), *Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon Peel), *Echinacea Angustifolia (Coneflower), **Olea Europaea (Olive Leaf), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter Oil), **Glycine Soja (Soybean Protein), Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia Nut Oil), Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui Nut Oil), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Seed Oil), **Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extracts (Aqueous), Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Cetrimonium Bromide, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Polysorbate 60, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Essential Oil Fragrance.
*Certified by Quality Assurance International
**Certified by Quality Certification Services

Warnings No animal by-products / Cruelty free

baddison

natural for good
Make sure you post a review once you use it. Inquiring minds want to know.

So.....here's the long-awaited review....
I went ahead an purchased six of the individual packets of Giovanni Smooth As Silk Xtreme Protein Hair Infusion. VitaGlo.com sells them for $1.95 each....great!

Here's more about the product from the Giovanni Website.
http://www.giovannicosmetics.com/repair.php?alphaTween=[Tween]

Smooth As Silk Xtreme creates a silky-smooth texture while protecting hair colour, and controlling split ends. Adds volume, shine and an incredible feel

My routine for the night was:
1 - Wash w/Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo.....gosh that stuff smellss soooo edible..LOL!!! Grapefruit and pears.....:lick::lick:
2 - Then I DC'd w/heat for 30min, with Giovanni SAS Xtreme....I used 3 packets....OVERKILL.....(I'm thinking 2 would have been quite enough for my shoulder length hair) The product is sooo thick...I mean really really thick, not runny at all, if you squeeze it into the palm of your hand, then turn the hand upside down...the stuff stays exactly where you squeezed it. So...I guess I underestimate or overestimated the amount I would need. Each packet contains about 1oz. of the conditioner. So I had to really work it into my hair, but it went on so smooth.....anywhoooooo..
3 - After DC, I did a cold-water rinse....WOW!!! (that stuff is *cold*)

Upon rinsing my hair I immediately felt the difference. My hair felt STRONG like.....like.....lets see....like strong threads, not a woolly brillo feeling, but like strong fibers...
There was not too much "slip" (no cones in there..) but FOR ME, "slip" is not a sign of effectiveness at all....NOT FOR ME:ohwell:

4 - I proceeded to spray with my Doo Gro LeaveIn Growth Treatment for detangling

5 - Then I parted the hair into 4 sections, applied Redken AntiSnap LeaveIn, put 4 bantu knots and tied down with silk scarf.

In the morning, I was amazed at how strong (gosh...I wish there was another word I could use to describe the feeling...STRONG is gettin' so played out....:sad:)

How 'bout "sturdy", "tough"....NOT ROUGH...but "tough"...I applied my BB Oil Moisturizer, and put hair into my daily bun. I had absolutely NO breakage. Normal sheds...actually, it was LESS than normal...My shedding and breakage has been decreasing more and more with my weekly protein regime. Giovanni says you can use this product weekly...its all natural and very mild...but my hair loves it.

It already found a place in my regular stash!!

Aggie

I went ahead an purchased six of the individual packets of Giovanni Smooth As Silk Xtreme Protein Hair Infusion. VitaGlo.com sells them for $1.95 each....great!

Smooth As Silk Xtreme creates a silky-smooth texture while protecting hair colour, and controlling split ends. Adds volume, shine and an incredible feel

1 - Wash w/Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo.....gosh that stuff smellss soooo edible..LOL!!! Grapefruit and pears.....:lick::lick:
2 - Then I DC'd w/heat for 30min, with Giovanni SAS Xtreme....I used 3 packets....OVERKILL.....(I'm thinking 2 would have been quite enough for my shoulder length hair) The product is sooo thick...I mean really really thick, not runny at all, if you squeeze it into the palm of your hand, then turn the hand upside down...the stuff stays exactly where you squeezed it. So...I guess I underestimate or overestimated the amount I would need. Each packet contains about 1oz. of the conditioner. So I had to really work it into my hair, but it went on so smooth.....anywhoooooo..

Upon rinsing my hair I immediately felt the difference. My hair felt STRONG like.....like.....lets see....like strong threads, not a woolly brillo feeling, but like strong fibers...
There was not too much "slip" (no cones in there..) but FOR ME, "slip" is not a sign of effectiveness at all....NOT FOR ME:ohwell:

4 - I proceeded to spray with my Doo Gro LeaveIn Growth Treatment for detangling

5 - Then I parted the hair into 4 sections, applied Redken AntiSnap LeaveIn, put 4 bantu knots and tied down with silk scarf.

In the morning, I was amazed at how strong (gosh...I wish there was another word I could use to describe the feeling...STRONG is gettin' so played out....:sad:)

How 'bout "sturdy", "tough"....NOT ROUGH...but "tough"...I applied my BB Oil Moisturizer, and put hair into my daily bun. I had absolutely NO breakage. Normal sheds...actually, it was LESS than normal...My shedding and breakage has been decreasing more and more with my weekly protein regime. Giovanni says you can use this product weekly...its all natural and very mild...but my hair loves it.

Thanks for the review baddison.

brucebettye

I use Aphogee & Motions CPR. I use one of them every two weeks. Since I moisturize my hair everyday I use the protein often so that I keep my moisture and protein balance strong. I also use Aphogee after my relaxer.

Britt

I just put myself on a Nexuss Emergencee regimen for 5 wks.
My hair is not breaking really, but whenever I use Emergencee I can feel the difference in the quality and strength of my strands when I wash out the treatment. When I went to a hairdresser a while back, so showed me where the middle of my hair was broken off and advised that I do a protein treatment steadily for atleast 5 wks just to get my hair back on track. I didn't do that, I'd only use Emergencee sporadically.
This time around I am making sure that I see to it that I use to 1x a week for at least 5 wks and then I'll continue on with my usual using of it 1x a month or so.

Barbara

Princess
Two years ago, my stylist recommended Motions CPR. It makes my hair too hard, so he started mixing it with Motions Moisture Plus.

Now he prefers and recommended Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor which blows Motions CPR far away. :dance7: It is much better for my hair. This is definitely a keeper.

As for CPR, I added some olive oil to it. I'll just experiment with it at home.

Last edited:

ThePerfectScore

I've tried both the Aveda and the Aphogee 2 min. Aphogee wins hands down. The Aveda left my hair dry and brittle, while the Aphogee left my hair soft and supple and strong. Plus for the price how can you not beat Aphogee?!? Plus it smells better than the Aveda. I use the reconstructor when my hair feels mushy and is breaking a lot.

half.cadence

I just now bought this like..30 mins ago. I will see if I get good results from it. I like Giovanni products (only a couple misses) so I hope this does not disappoint. Im slowly trying to use this line almost exclusively.Thanks for your review

In regards to the thread I use ApHogee 2 min. I really like it..I use it every two weeks. Im a frequent washer/cowasher..

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I have and use Several Reconstructors. i.e. Joico K-Pak, Nexxus Emergencee, Sebastian Penetraitt, Redken, Ion, Millennia Mud etc...

At 10 Weeks Post, I have incorporated them into my Weekly Regimen to keep My Hair (especially the NG) Nice and Strong until I self relax at 14-16 Weeks.:yep:

So Far, Weekly use of a Reconstructor has helped my hair tremendously and I have seen a noticeable difference overall in the quality of my hair.:yep:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Speaking of Reconstructors...I am thinking about making it a weekly product in my current regimen.:yep:

This week I used Giovanni Nutra-Fix for about 5-10 minutes

I saw a markable difference weekly in the strength of my hair when I was using a Reconstructor as part of my 16 week stretch at about week 10-16.:grin:

So, I may use a Reconstructor weekly as an addition heading into Fall & Winter for that extra strenghtening.:yep:

Last edited:

Aggie

Speaking of Reconstructors...I am thinking about making it a weekly product in my current regimen.:yep:

This week I used Giovanni Nutra-Fix for about 5-10 minutes

I saw a markable difference weekly in the strength of my hair when I was using a Reconstructor as part of my 16 week stretch at about week 10-16.:grin:

So, I may use a Reconstructor weekly as an addition heading into Fall & Winter for that extra strenghtening.:yep:

Great idea Terri. I may do the same myself as I too have seen a remarkable difference in the overall health and strength of my hair since doing weekly protein treatments.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Great idea Terri. I may do the same myself as I too have seen a remarkable difference in the overall health and strength of my hair since doing weekly protein treatments.

Yes, I know You really have Aggie. It's Amazing isn't it?:grin:

Incorporating that Reconstructor in my Weekly Reggie made all the Difference, so I thought: "Why Not Continue it?" Most of them are Light to Med Reconstructors anyway.

And that 5-10 minute "boost" worked wonders for Me.:yep:

outspokenwallflower

I use Joico K-Pak and Aphogee 2 Minute (I rotate between the two) I use it every 2 weeks or so; I've recently gotten the Joico K-Pak spray for fine hair-- Aphogee's Green Tea Keratin spray was not my friend....

beans4reezy

beans: Have you noticed a Difference in Your Hair using a Reconstructor as part of your weekly regimen?

I certainly have.:yep:

Absolutely! My hair is a lot stronger- incorporating a weekly reconstructor has taken my breakage from considerable to little to none.

yardgirl

I use Aphogee 2 Minute every other week. I really like how it leaves my hair feeling strong. After this bottle is finished I might try something else; maybe Joico K-pak

Barbie83

I currently have a head full of Ion Reconstructor. I love the shampoo-ey, sudsy consistency; one pack went all over every strand of my head. I'm gonna go rinse this out and post the final results later! :grin:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
^^^^I hope its good cause I just bought a bottle today at Sallys, but I still have some 2 mins left.