Which type of oil do you prefer?

Kiadodie

Which oil do you prefer when you do a hot oil treatment and why? Olive, jojoba, safflower, etc etc???

Tara

So Far I'm really enjoying Sweet Almond Oil. It's *just* thick enough. And seems to leave my hair feeling really soft without a coated feeling. My hair just feels the softest with this oil.

Great Topic by the way! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

For winter time, I like to mix some castor oil in the Almond oil if I feel like I need something thicker. Also Castor Oil has restoritive properties for the hair, so that is why it's always been a favorite.

BlkMane

Jojoba!! It works the best in my hair. Leaves it soft and not greasy and really seems to penetrate.

Olive Oil "coats" my hair, doesn't seem to really penetrate and leaves my hair a greasy mess.

I can use Jojoba Oil mixed with a conditioner for an AFTER shampoo treatment, but if I try to use Olive Oil AFTER shampooing it leaves my hair greasy and limp.

Madison

i like the johoba too, it penetrates almost immediately. i've tried olive oil mixed with a little honey but it left my hair feeling /images/graemlins/crazy.gif it didnt penetrate and oil was dripping all over the place. maybe i used too much /images/graemlins/confused.gif

hairfanatic

Hi Kia,

Olive Oil is my all time favorite because oppose to it just sitting on top of my hair, it seems to melt in and penetrate my hair and scalp.

daviine

OMG! I have so MANY oils at home and I've never stopped to really think which one I like best in my hair. For a hot oil treatment, I like olive oil with or without honey but I can't say I've had a problem with others. I've never scientifically tried to isolate which oil or combo of oils give me the best results.

I'd love to try jojoba as a hot oil but it's too expensive--especially with all the oils sitting up in my house. (My sister wants me to send her some jojoba oil to use for hot oils----ummmmm....... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

I guess I'll have to really be observant from now on.

Great question......and my answer is I like 'em ALL! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

tc_333

My favorite is olive oil because I can slather it on.....well, first I spritz my hair until damp and then I slather it on, put on my cap, and then sit under the dryer for 10 - 20 minutes (depending on if I got a good book on a good tv show to watch! /images/graemlins/ooo.gif)

T

Kiadodie

I asked this question because I've heard that olive oil strips color from your hair. I used it and I think it was too heavy. I use safflower now and I like it but you know how it is..always looking for better /images/graemlins/grin.gif I keep on hearing how great jojoba oil is so I might try that.