Which vitamin should I get?

Tene

I no longer will be buying anything from GNC again so I'm about to get a new hair vitamin. All of these are good but I'm not sure which one to pick. Here's the list:

Hair Factors
TwinLab Inc.

Vitamin C 1500 Mg 2,500%

Biotin 3000 Mcg 1,000%

Calcium 47 Mg 5%

Paba 501 Mg N/A*

Inositol 1002 Mg N/A*

L-Cysteine 501mg

Ultra Hair Plus
Nature's Plus

Vitamin A 10000 IU 200%

Vitamin C 500 Mg 833%

Vitamin B-1 30 Mg 2,000%

Vitamin B-2 100 Mg 5,882%

Niacin 30 Mg 150%

Vitamin B-6 10 Mg 500%

Folate 400 Mcg 100%

Biotin 2000 Mcg 667%

Pantothenic Acid 50 Mg 500%

Zinc 5 Mg 33%

MSM 500 Mg N/A*

Inositol 200 Mg N/A*

Choline 100 Mg N/A*

Paba 100 Mg N/A*

L-Cysteine 100 Mg N/A*

FOLLIGEN COMPLEX 100 Mg N/A*

Glucosamine Sulfate 50 Mg N/A*

Maxi-Hair Maximized
Country Life

Vitamin A 5000 IU 100%

Vitamin C 200 Mg 333%

Vitamin E 50 IU 167%

Thiamin 30 Mg 2,000%

Riboflavin 50 Mg 2,941%

Niacin 50 Mg 250%

Vitamin B-6 50 Mg 2,500%

Folic Acid 400 Mcg 100%

Vitamin B-12 50 Mcg 833%

D-Biotin 2000 Mcg 667%

Pantothenic Acid 50 Mg 500%

Calcium 200 Mg 20%

Iodine 225 Mcg 150%

Zinc 15 Mg 100%

Selenium 50 Mcg 71%

Copper 1 Mg 50%

Msm 600 Mg N/A*

L-Methionine 250 Mg N/A*

Canola Fatty Acid Complex 200 Mg N/A*

HORSETAIL EXTRACT 2:1 100 Mg N/A*

L-Cysteine 100 Mg N/A*

Inositol 50 Mg N/A*

Paba 50 Mg N/A*

Choline 23 Mg N/A*

Great Hair
Vitol Products

Vitamin A 15000 IU 300%

Vitamin C 600 Mg 1,000%

Riboflavin 100 Mg 5,882%

Niacin 50 Mg 250%

Vitamin B6 100 Mg 5,000%

Folate 800 Mcg 200%

Biotin 3 Mg 1,000%

Pantothenic Acid 600 Mg 6,000%

Iodine 150 Mcg 100%

Manganese 50 Mg 2,500%

Paba 150 Mg N/A*

Choline 600 Mg N/A*

Inositol 600 Mg N/A*

L-Cysteine 150 Mg N/A*

Minerals 75 Mg N/A*

Supreme Vital Hair with MSM

Vitamin A (Palmitate) 10,000IU **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 30mg **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Niacinimide 30mg **

Folic Acid 800mcg **

Zinc (Gluconate) 5mg **

Inositol 600mg **

Choline (Bitartrate) 300mg **

para-Aminobenzoic Acid (PABA) 200mg **

L-Cysteine (L-Cysteine HCL) 200mg **

Horsetail Silica 100mg **

MSM (Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane 200mg **

Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 600mg **

Vitamin B1 (Thiamine Mononitrate) 30mg **

Vitamin B6 (Pyrodixine HCL) 30mg **

Biotin 2000mcg **

Pantothenic Acid (Calcium d-Pantothenate) 500mg **

Ultra Hair Plus/Sustained Release w/MSM

Vitamin A (as beta carotene) 10,000I.U. 200%

Vitamin B-2 (as riboflavin) 100mg 5,882%

Folate (as folic acid) 400mcg 100%

Zinc (as amino acid chelate) 5mg 33%

Choline (as bitartrate) 100mg **

Folligen Complex- Standardized Extracts of Ginko Biloba Leaf and Saw Palmetto Berry 100mg **

Glucosamine Sulfate (as Amino mono saccharide) 50mg **

Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 500mg 833%

Niacin (as niacinamide) 30mg 150%

Biotin 2,000mcg 667%

Inositol 200mg **

PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid) 100mg **

Vitamin B-1 (as thiamine HCL) 30mg 2000%

Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine HCL) 10mg 500%

Pantothenic Acid (as calcium pantothenate) 50mg 500%

MSM (Methyl sulfonyl methane) 500mg **

L-Cysteine (free form amino acid) 100mg **

Nonie

It's hard to recommend a Hair Multi since everyone's body responds differently and has different requirements. Perhaps the important thing to know is that if your body is not receiving all the nutrients it requires first and foremost (whether from diet or supplements), anything you take will not make it to your hair, but will be used up by your body first. So my suggestion is that you invest in a good complete multi that also has good quantities of "the hair essentials". And then buy the missing "hair essentials", or the extra the quantities you need, separately...after reading up on toxicity levels and such, so that you don't affect how your body responds to them.

You could also do it the other way, ie buy the hair multi with almost all the nutrients your body needs and then add on the missing minerals and vitamins, but I think that'd be trickier since I think you'd find you'd need more separates, and I don't know if the proportions would be sufficient to serve both your body and hair.

One of the things to watch out for is Vitamin A. Excess vitamin A can cause hairloss, so if you decide to combine multis (eg complete overall multi and a hair multi) just make sure you don't go over 25,000 IU. (I think 50,000 IU might be the danger zone but better to be safe than sorry.)

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I agree with Nonie, it depends on what other vitamins you will be taking in addition to the Hair vitamin. It seems like the ultra hair has just about everything you need if that will be the ONLY supplement you'll be taking.

Can I ask you why you won't be getting GNC products anymore? Just curious...

Tene

[ QUOTE ]
nurseN98 said:
I agree with Nonie, it depends on what other vitamins you will be taking in addition to the Hair vitamin. It seems like the ultra hair has just about everything you need if that will be the ONLY supplement you'll be taking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they blacklisted me at the GNC at the mall because this guy claimed that I had been in there several times returning the same thing and I'm abusing their return policy. I have never been to that store several times. I've only been there 3 times and once to exchange something and twice to make a return. I have never been in that store several times returning anything, I barely go to the mall. I just started going to that one about two months ago. The last time I bought anything, it was from a GNC at a different mall. The only time I really go to a mall is to go Trade Secret and Jc Penney Salon. I haven't been to GNC at that mall in over month or more. I found out they had my I.D. that's been missing for over a month. The guy told me it's in the mail, I still haven't received it. Why would someone be holding somebody's I.D. for over a month. My I.D. should have been returned the next day if it was a reputable business. So I filed a complaint with the attorney general. So I said I will never ever buy anything from them again.

keylargo

[ QUOTE ]
Tene said:
[ QUOTE ]
nurseN98 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they blacklisted me at the GNC at the mall because this guy claimed that I had been in there several times returning the same thing and I'm abusing their return policy. I have never been to that store several times. I've only been there 3 times and once to exchange something and twice to make a return. I have never been in that store several times returning anything, I barely go to the mall. I just started going to that one about two months ago. The last time I bought anything, it was from a GNC at a different mall. The only time I really go to a mall is to go Trade Secret and Jc Penney Salon. I haven't been to GNC at that mall in over month or more. I found out they had my I.D. that's been missing for over a month. The guy told me it's in the mail, I still haven't received it. Why would someone be holding somebody's I.D. for over a month. My I.D. should have been returned the next day if it was a reputable business. So I filed a complaint with the attorney general. So I said I will never ever buy anything from them again.

[/ QUOTE ]
what jerks
I'm sure you can find other brands that will work well for you.