White people hair care & Carol's Daughter Manoi Oil Shampoo

Embyra

Ill have to pick up that book at a certain point.

I'm at the gym most days of the week and some people would be shocked how much time some of those gals spend in the locker room on their hair. Products galore, blow dryers, flat irons, curling irons "falls", clip on weaves - it can sometimes double as a salon. :lachen:

The book is fantastic imo!:grin: there is info on the web like naturallycurly i know your from there as well but the book goes into detail more as soon as i read and saw her descriptions on curl types i knew i was corkscrew http://www.mydevacurl.com/curly_lifestyle/curly_hair_gallery it just all made SENSE to me whereas andre left me confused quite frankly:lachen:

she is quite militant about curly hair just to warn you she not playing! The recipes are good as well:yep:

I remember you mentioning the white woman with the glue gun or something in the gym had me laughing HARD:blush::lol:she definitely wasnt subscribing to the wash and GO :lachen:

Embyra

It's so cool how even tho my hairtype is different from hers...I've tried a lot of the products she has reviewed and they all work perfectly for me. But if I put Shea butter in my hair it doesn't go over so well.

Shows how even tho we look different we're a lot alike :yep:

:yep:agree about the shea butter i havent used it but i have a feeling it will just cause lint to attract to my hair:nono:

Yup i think alot of curly girls regardless of race share more in common than things we dont :yep:

greenandchic

The book is fantastic imo!:grin: there is info on the web like naturallycurly i know your from there as well but the book goes into detail more as soon as i read and saw her descriptions on curl types i knew i was corkscrew http://www.mydevacurl.com/curly_lifestyle/curly_hair_gallery it just all made SENSE to me whereas andre left me confused quite frankly:lachen:

she is quite militant about curly hair just to warn you she not playing! The recipes are good as well:yep:

I remember you mentioning the white woman with the glue gun or something in the gym had me laughing HARD:blush::lol:she definitely wasnt subscribing to the wash and GO :lachen:

:lachen::lachen: Yes! It was some sort of weave hot glue gun - I kid you not. :lol: It smelled like crazy glue or something like that.

empressri

MONOI!!!!!

lol that made me crazy.

I love Waterlily. And I'm unbiased, I'll watch nearly any hair video.

Bnster

I Youtubed Lorraine Massey and came up with this curl salon, with some cool tips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0BMVAXmZ6U

1:36 Clippings of various curls, tight to loose, pretty neat and showed some SFL shampoo damaged strands
4:16 Lifting your hair without teasing w/ gel and roller clip
5:25 Highlighting your hair without baking it
6:35 Hairdryer hand nozzle

ETA: I did like ilovegeraldo video

Last edited:

Geminigirl

I just watched ericabella and bless her heart. She needs to watch a flexirod video. She was confused for approximately ten seconds when it was take down time and she unrolled them wrong. I've never done a rollerset and even I know that from watching videos. It still came out cute but I bet it would have been even better if she changed a few things around. My jaw literally dropped when she pulled the roller out and it snapped some of her hair off. She didn't even flinch. I would have been all mad. I hate when that happens to my fine strands.

excuse my typos i hate it as much as you.