White Woman Arrested After Caught Traveling With Black Children In Dog Kennels

DST1913

There were other people in the car including a black woman that you can see on camera getting out at the same time the kids are getting out the kennel. The kids looked clean (clean clothes/girls hair was neatly braided) so this baffles me. Also with more than one adult in the car why werent the others questioned or charged with anything. I know people like to scream racism but nah looks like their own black mama was in the car. Just stupidity, but they need to check the home situation out.

Gin&Tonic

Whenever I post even hinting about slavery making a comeback in the U.S. people look at my posts like :rolleyes: but every month it's more and more stories about white folks keeping black kids and black mentally challenged adults in all kinds of questionable living situations. You really think the kind of person keeping kids in a dog carrier in a SUV full of seats is above using adopted or trafficked kids for free labor or pimping them? Ole girl unloaded them kids out of a dog carrier in public at that. Just because they don't have them out in a field doesn't mean it's not slavery.

It is not a coincidence that all of these blessings that people keep giving birth to end that up in the system are being snatched up more and more by white folks. We can say they shouldn't be allowed to take them how many black folks are running forward to take the black needy into their own homes?

Expect to see a whole lot more of these stories in the age of Trump.

I get that treatment too. First of all we are still in Jim Crow, its just that the jobs fooled us. They don't care about our jobs and cars. They have wealth. I saw a statistic that said that poor black people outnumber poor whites. How? When we are 14% of the population?

Its easy to enslave poor folks- or at least get some form of sharecropping arrangement. Work of your supper-when you starve the community,

Southernbella.

There were other people in the car including a black woman that you can see on camera getting out at the same time the kids are getting out the kennel. The kids looked clean (clean clothes/girls hair was neatly braided) so this baffles me. Also with more than one adult in the car why werent the others questioned or charged with anything. I know people like to scream racism but nah looks like their own black mama was in the car. Just stupidity, but they need to check the home situation out.

My thoughts exactly. She has access to those kids given she's the grandma but the parents have to know her ways and should be questioned right along with her.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Well, since she's the driver and the crime occurred in her car....

I hope that black woman wasn't the neighbor lol

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Whenever I search for something and come across a thread with no update, I figure the least I can do is post how things ended.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Memphis grandmother pleads guilty in case involving children placed in pet kennels

The grandmother who made international news after a video surfaced that showed her releasing her grandchildren from pet kennels, pleaded guilty last week to a lesser charge of violation of child restraint and was sentenced to a day in jail.

Leimome Cheeks served a day in jail after her arrest and was credited for time served on the charge, which is a Class C misdemeanor, said her attorney Marty McAffee.

Cheeks was charged with two counts of child endangerment after a bystander recorded her letting her grandchildren out of pet kennels in the back of her SUV at Graceland in June.

Cheeks, 63, told officers there was no room inside the SUV for the children, that she'd driving Downtown and from Whitehaven to Collierville, a nearly 25-mile trip. She said she checked on the children and that they were later allowed to ride inside.

The case was investigate by the Tennessee Department of Children Services and the Shelby County District Attorney General's office.

"I learned through that investigation that those kids asked to ride back there and they were just having fun," McAffee said.

He did not know if she had been cleared by DCS to take care of the children again.
https://www.commercialappeal.com/st...-guilty-children-pet-kennels-case/1508996002/

kimpaur

WTH? Even if the kids wanted to be in those kennels no adult in their right mind would or should agree. The mother and grandmother should be ordered to attend counseling and parenting classes.

While this whole thing is absolutely reprehensible, it makes me feel a bit better that this woman is stupid rather than an evil racist.