White Women with Black Texture

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by dicapr, Jun 30, 2006.

1. dicapr

dicapr Well-Known Member

Do you feel sorry for white women who have a black texture of hair and have no idea how to take care of it? A co-worker of mine fits in this category and her hair always looks like a hot mess because she has no idea how to care for it. I would say she is a 3b on top maybe 3c on bottom. Women will talk and they trash her dry, frizzy, brillo pad hair behind her back. Sometimes I wish I could just say girl, you need to . . but I just work with her, we are not friends.:perplexed

2. brownsugarflyygirl

brownsugarflyygirl Well-Known Member

Well being the undying optimist I am....maybe you should give her some suggestions...shes probably very frustrated and would welcome help...

3. tallnomad

tallnomad Well-Known Member

maybe you could suggest that she look at naturallycurly.com. it definitely focuses on white women who aren't quite sure what to do with their frizz or curls.

you could make up a story and say her hair is just like your friend's hair and she likes to look at that site. that approach might make it seem like you don't think there is an issue with her hair at all you were just sharing.

4. JazzyDez

JazzyDez New Member

feel sorry for them? No. But I would try to help by telling her some things she can try for her hair type or point her to some useful websites. If you you aren't friends with her and want to help...maybe just bring up the topic of hair....like maybe say you are having a bad hair day or something...and then go from there

5. Tru_Mind

Tru_Mind New Member

Yep...send her to natuarllycurly.com. She will thank you.

6. IrisDaVirus

IrisDaVirus New Member

Feel sorry for her - No.

Offer suggestions if she's willing to accept them without being offended - Absolutely.

7. isawstars

isawstars Well-Known Member

Honestly... I didn't even know that was possible.

8. Kimberly

Kimberly New Member

I wouldn't feel any sorrier for her than I would for an African American woman with 1 or 2 textured hair...:ohwell: But if you feel comfortable talking to her about it, absolutely turn her on to a couple of helpful sites.:) And, who knows, you guys could become friends once dialogie is opened up.

9. dicapr

dicapr Well-Known Member

Thanks for your suggestions. Let me clarify a little. I don't feel sorry that she has a ethnic texture of hair, I feel sorry that she doesn't have the knowledge base to make it beautiful. I live in NC and I am aware of white women who relax their hair because their hair curly and has a more ethnic texture. I say ethnic because doesn't look like super curly white hair, it looks like black hair on a white girl. I just wish they were aware that caring for their hair correctly would make a big difference- but I wish black women would learn that correctly caring for their hair made all the differnce too.;)

10. honeycomb719

honeycomb719 Super Moderator Staff Member

I ve known a few white women like this. They both are Jewish. I wondered if it was a Jewish link to white women with kinky hair texture, I dunno....
    I agree, share the site with her, Im sure she will thank you:)

11. MizaniMami

MizaniMami New Member

I feel sorry for black kids whose mothers are white who can't take care of their hair. But I don't feel sorry for the white women with kinkier textures, they have the option to straighten it if they want.

12. cutiebe2

cutiebe2 Well-Known Member

Hellz yeah I feel sorry.. it's like dang girl! You got jipped!!!!:lol: :lol:
    I especially feel bad when other white girls hike on them too!
    And then they go getin' that japanese straitening... the white girls equivilant to perm... WHICH TEARS UP YOUR HAIR!!! Unlike perms, those things are made for only a select group of people and no matter how much you take care of your hair, it will still be tore up. Some white girls don't know that:ohwell:
    Sorry for the tangent:lol:
    help your "sistah" out!

13. Isis

Isis New Member

I just want to mention that because a white person has kinky or nappy hair, it isn't a white person with "black or ethnic" hair. Just like when black people born with type 1 and 2 hair - they don't have "white" hair. There are white people who have this hair type along with black people. I've met several white men and women from Russia, for example, with very kinky hair - looked like mine. Many white people in countries around Russia have type 3 and 4 hair also.

14. Isis

Isis New Member

I had a white Jewish guy who wanted to date me at one time and part of the reason he said is because he and I have the same hair type and our kids:eek: would have the same hair too!. I noticed he had more 4a though.:lol:

15. dlewis

dlewis Well-Known Member

I work with a white (I mean white with freckles and could not get in the sun because he would burn) guy for years who had reddish/orange hair that was more 3b than anything, we decided that he needed to texturized his hair just to get the kink out. His mother loved it.

16. blkbeauty

blkbeauty Well-Known Member

I think the white people who have this texture actually have beautyful hair. But they hate it and I think it is toward not knowing how to care for it!

17. tenderheaded

tenderheaded Well-Known Member

I lurk on the Long Hair Community board. They have over 7000 members, including a lot of her fellow caucasian curlies:) I been black all my life and I'm just getting to know my hair. If only someone had offered me some knowledge years ago I'd have butt length hair:grin:

18. caligirl

caligirl Well-Known Member

I agree. I think kinky, thick hair looks exotic.

19. Denim And Leather

Denim And Leather New Member

I have a friend (white) who's been using that Japanese system (the Yuko system) for several years now (her hair is a 3B and fine) and her hair looks really nice. She does have a few split ends, but other than that, her hair looks pretty healthy, but she has decided to quit using Yuko, and now is "transitioning", lol! She has been taking pretty good care of her hair, as well. When I was telling her about the things I was doing to care for my hair, she already knew about certain products, do's and don'ts, etc., and even recommended some products for me to use!

On the other end, I have another friend (white) who has 3B/3C hair, and due to bleaching, Yuko, etc., her hair is quite damaged, especially on the ends. I have been sharing with her what I've been learning on this board. You might say that she's on a journey to better hair care herself.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  20. Denim And Leather

Denim And Leather New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

21. FlowerHair

FlowerHair Flower in Bloom...

No I don't feel sorry for them. Usually they aren't the only one in their family with that hair type so they should have learned from home how to take care of their hair. If not, they'll have to go the same route as me: learn on your own :D Which has actually been a fun experience.

22. so1913

so1913 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I don't feel sorry for anyone who doesn't take the initiative to seek solutions to their personal concerns. She's a grown woman.

23. dicapr

dicapr Well-Known Member

Your right! But I think people from eastern Europe are considered ethnic whites. At the turn of the century, they were subject to discrimination by other whites and even their immigration to the U.S. was restricted because they were not considered white enough. (Racisim is crazy). I guess this was due to their kinkier hair, fuller lips, ect.:ohwell:

24. Pokahontas

Pokahontas Instagram: vannarella14

I do feel sorry for them because they have no earthly idea how to care for it and they walk around looking a hot mess. I get tired of hearing them complain that they can't get thair hair straight when they actually can.

25. peacelove

peacelove Member

There is a black salon by me where they serve a lot of white clients who have textured hair. Many of them get flat ironed, some even relaxed. These women need to get hip.

26. shiningstar84

shiningstar84 New Member

maybe it's just me, but i notice a lot of black people dont know how to handle their own hair. why does she deserve a cookie? i dont feel sorry for her or anybody else with hair that has a "black texture"

27. so1913

so1913 Well-Known Member

Yep. That's what I'm thinking.

28. FlowerHair

FlowerHair Flower in Bloom...

You know, many white people (at least where I live) take pride in having curly, frizzy hair because it makes them unique in their families so it might be something that they say to attract attention to their curly hair LOL. You know like when people say they're soooooo fat when they are in fact skinny.

My (white) niece has curly hair and you would think that she swallowed the moon or something, people are all over her hair all the time because it's different. In reality it's only slightly wavy, maybe a 2b or c. :lol:

29. Much2much41

Much2much41 Well-Known Member

Slightly off topic, but I have a friend that is birracial (mom is white, dad is black), and she has 4a hair. She was washing her hair daily with all the wrong products for her hair type. It was dry, brittle, and wouldn't grow AT ALL. This was about 3 years ago. I sent her shopping for black hair care products, and she's been using them faithfully. Her hair grew like a weed, and is so thick and healthy now. This was before I joined this forum. I think I'm going to steer her over here for more tips, because I know she'd have MUCH more success now :)

30. DDTexlaxed

DDTexlaxed TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14

There is no such thing as a "black" texture. Hair is hair. I know plenty of AA women w type 1 hair and plenty white women w/ coily/curly hair. I would offer advice, if they asked for it. Feel sorry for em? No.:p