Who Has Had A Hair Transplant? I Have..

ilong

God's Own
Isn't there a new hair transplant process, Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), where each follicle is individually removed and placed in the donor area instead of removing a piece of scalp from an area, extracting grafts and then reinserting the grafts in the donor area?

I think I read the FUE process makes it possible to get hair from other areas of the body for use in hair transplanting.

MaintaintheSexy

Isn't there a new hair transplant process, Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), where each follicle is individually removed and placed in the donor area instead of removing a piece of scalp from an area, extracting grafts and then reinserting the grafts in the donor area?

I think I read the FUE process makes it possible to get hair from other areas of the body for use in hair transplanting.

I was doing research on both processes and they said there are more disadvantages to FUE rather than FUT. One of them being there are overall less follicles for the surgeon to work with with FUE. Secondly, upon extraction, the follicles have a decreased survival rate with FUE rather than FUT. I thought about FUE because I don't want a scar in my donor area however I do want as many graphs as possible in the transplanted area (which is my temples).

mzsophisticated26

I was considering having this done but my hair loss is part genetics and part issues with health so I thought it would be a waste of money since there is nothing I can do about my thyroid issues. soupreem27 what is the name of the Dr. who did the procedure? I live in Florida and have been looking at Dr. Epstein.

ilong

God's Own
MaintaintheSexy - thanks for the info share. I had considered a procedure many years ago but along with you I didn't want to deal with an open incision and subsequent scar.

diegorgeous and soupreem27, or any other members who had had the procedure could you share the name and state of the doctor who did the procedure?

I think there are other LHCf members who may be considering the procedure but unsure of a docotor or how the doctor performs. I'm having a difficult enough time trying to find a dermatologist whom I feed is knowledgable in hair health.