Who is the girl on the first page (2 pics)????

Kiadodie

Does anyone know who the girl is on the first page of the website? There are two pictures of her hair (from the back). I love the cut. I'm hoping she lives in my area (MD,VA,DC) so I can get it cut like that:)

Armyqt

If you ain't know, ya betta ask somebody. That there honey is one of of resident hair experts and braid experts. It's the lovely Ms. Adrienne. She lives in California. Doesn't her hair look great? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Big Up Adrienne /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kiadodie

Adrienne

It's Adrienne?? She lives in CA??? Yes, her hair is beautiful!!! I wish she lived in this area so I can go to the same stylist. I just love the cut!!! Adrienne girl you have some beautiful hair!

adrienne0914

thanks, kia! /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif yep, that's my hair. that pic was taken in february of this year. i'd post a link to a bigger shot of it, but for some reason none of my links ever work. i'm working on a webpage now that will have lots of progress pics.

anyway, i don't actually have a particular cut. it's all basically even all over (except the nape which grows faster and is a little longer), but because of the way my head is shaped, it looks like layers. ya know?

adrienne

p.s. thanks armyqt. you're always so sweet! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tracy

Adrienne - February was quite long ago....your hair must be even longer now /images/graemlins/ooo.gif ! Be sure to post a pic when you have one - I wanna see the progress of those that are the source of my inspiration! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

adrienne0914

tracy, my profile pic is the latest one. it was taken after my press & curl earlier this month. i'll see if i can post it bigger here in a bit.

adrienne

caramelbarbie

<font color="blue"> WOW! Adrienne and Armyqt both of you have done a great job with your hair! I'm so inspired. Thanks for sharing your pics.

LondonDiva

Adrienne your up to date profile pic is looking fierce. You keep it up girl. you'll have the local school children swinging on that mane soon enough /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Armyqt

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
WOW! Adrienne and Armyqt both of you have done a great job with your hair! I'm so inspired. Thanks for sharing your pics

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks alot. I feel like I still have a lot of work to do. It's nice to be an inspiration to someone, as so many people here are an inspiration to ME! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne0914

thanks, LondonDiva and CaramelBarbie! /images/graemlins/smile.gif LondonDiva... never! can you imagine the damage that would cause? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

okay, Tracy. i'm trying to post the profile pic full-size. let me see how this works...

adrienne

p.s. you might have to right-click and show picture. i have no idea why mine don't work. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Azalia

WoW!!!!!!Adrienne YOUR HAIR IS ABSOLUTELY MARVELOUS I'm truly impressed /images/graemlins/smile.gifYou are my inspiration Adrienne. Keep up the good work because it is definitely paying off!!

Hair Goal: Bra-Strap Length

lshevonne

Your hair looks GREAT....
Where is your routine posted? Do you think I can get my hair to look that way in the future? LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

adrienne0914

thanks, londondiva... i don't know WHAT is wrong with my geocities files, but it's really irritating to have them there when no one but me can see. i've actually been working on a Picture Trail album. i'll post a link when i'm done.

thanks for the compliments, azalia, onyx and lshevonne! /images/graemlins/smile.gif i will update my regime and post it below.

adrienne

---------------------

In my opinion, these are the two most important rules to achieving your goals:

1. Find the products that are right for your hair, and stop switching to other stuff when someone recommends things.

2. Leave your hair alone as much as possible. This was more important than the first for me. I used to blow dry and curl my hair twice a week. After I got braids and did nothing, that's when it grew. They're not for everybody, but if you can sport them, I highly recommend it.

My hair policy is "less is more"... less manipulation... less heat... less product switching... I put different stuff on my hair depending on how I’m wearing it. So I’ll list it separately. basically, I’ve been washing my hair once a week. If my scalp is itching bad, I’ll either rinse and condition or wash again depending on why it's itching (dandruff vs. sweaty).

UPDO:
- Wash with KeraCare Hydrating Detangling and prescription-strength Nizoral shampoo. I let the Nizoral sit for at least five minutes because of my problem scalp. I now alternate between Elucence Moisture Benefits and KeraCare Hydrating Detangling shampoo.

- Condition with KeraCare Humecto Cream conditioner. Every other week, I do a protein conditioning with Aubrey GPB.

- Apply Kiehl’s leave-in and finger comb. Then spray with S-Curl No Drop Activator to comb into ponytail. I smooth it down with a mixture of 1/2 World of Curls Activator and 1/2 Let's Jam gel.

- For the bun: I put Vaseline on my ends, and braid the hair. I tuck it under, wrap a baggie over it. Then I cover it with a cut-off stocking. I put the drawstring ponytail over the stocking and put two scrunchies around it.

- Wrap head at night with silk or satin scarf.

DOWN:
- Wash and condition same as above

- Apply Kiehl’s leave-in and finger comb. Then I work a small amount of Breakthru Heat Style Protecting Foam through my hair. I blow dry on a medium setting. Then I curl or flat iron on 7 or 8 setting. I usually roll it as I go to get the hair out of my way. After I’m finished curling, and before I comb it, I ALWAYS spray some kind of sheen on (right now, it's KeraCare) and rub Avon Dry Ends Serum through it. Both of these products prevent breakage from static. The Avon stuff also smells great! I recently started using Kiehl’s Crème with Silk Groom in place of either of the other products. I always use two of them though. Lol!

- I now wrap my hair every night, and use the Caruso rollers in the morning. I LOVE those things! I put both the KeraCare sheen and Avon Serum on before I comb it in the morning.

TRIMS:
- Never on a schedule, only when needed

RELAXER:
- Dark &amp; Lovely No Lye every 4 months

VITAMINS:
- Central Vite Multi Vitamin (1/day)
- Nature's Bounty C &amp; E, 500mg of each Combo (1/day)
- Natrol Vegetal Silica (1/day)
- Country Life Biotin, 5mg (1/day)
- Trimedica MSM capsule (1000mg, 2-3/day)
- Vitamin Shoppe Evening Primrose Oil, 1300mg (1/day)
- Vitamin Shoppe Pantothenic Acid (B5), 500mg (1/day)

That's about it.

caramelbarbie

curl activator......

<font color="blue">Thanks for posting your regime.
For 2 weeks I've been using a curl activator on my wet hair for my updo. It working out great! When my hair dries its soft and moisturized. I'm glad to see that you had good results using this method. Your an inspriation! Thanks for posting.

G

Wow, Adrienne! Your hair looks even better in the larger pic! Your hair is exactly the length I'm striving for. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne0914

thanks, cynthara! /images/graemlins/smile.gif i'm sure you will make it. how long is yours now? and how long have you been growing it out?

adrienne

G

It was 23 inches from my widow's peak when I measured earlier this week; however, it usually reaches its current length easily without any help from me. So, although I started aiming for bra strap about a year ago, my real challenge is only NOW beginning - getting it to grow the other three inches or so which I believe should take me to my goal. I've never had it grow to bra strap yet. I had a trim about three weeks ago to even my ends. They don't split, but they do get raggedy! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne0914

how fast would you say that your hair grows? mine grows about ¼" per month. for most people, it's closer to ½" per month. if you don't have any setbacks, you can probably reach that in like six months. for me, it will probably take twice that long unless of course my new vitamin regimen kicks into high gear. i'm hoping it will! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

oh yeah, why do your ends get raggedy? do you wear protective styles?

adrienne

G

I'm not sure about my monthly new growth measurements. I don't measure very often (this week was the first time in many months that I did), but I believe my hair grows reasonably fast; it's just that it seems to stop when it reaches around its current length. The raggedy ends may be due partly to its growth pattern - the hair at the very back seems to end up being longer than the sides (is that what is meant by the 'v' pattern?) - and partly to breakage. I think I may be getting on top of the breakage problem now, though. And yes, I do wear protective styles (buns /images/graemlins/laugh.gif) a lot.

Lita

/images/graemlins/wink.gifAdrienne0914,What great shine. Keep it up good job. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif