Who knew LHCF was that popular????

HoneyDew

How can they make a conclusion either way!? If there has been no study showing that it DOES NOT enhance growth, how can you draw conclusions saying that something does not work?! I don't use MN, but people kill me making conclusion based on what they "think" without having used it while totally ignoring other people's reports after using it. You have to be careful how you handle what you read on the Internet!

I am mad about the picture from the article. :lachen:

Last edited:

Thann

Ummm..........

I still dont see whats so nasty about the actual product Monistat. The actual product is a chemical just like most of the other things we put in our hair, EAT, use to clean floors, burn through stuff, etc.

At the end of the day it's a product with multiple uses and people should stop being so critical about something so simple.

Buying straight MN is an option too, does that take any of the stigma away????? (same product with a different label)

poookie

i wouldn't call the entire website devoted to LHCF... more like just a single entry :lachen:

doesn't look like anything too credible, if they have pictures like that about yeast infections

santia

They make several mentions of medical studies that says miconazole works, but I was unable to find any such studies. (If anyone from the Long Hair Forum reads this, please let me know which reports you’re referring to.)

Can someone point to where they have seen us mention about the medical studies? I'm not an avid follower of the MN threads, but to my knowledge it's only an experiment that has been beneficial to some members.
I did my own search and have found out that members on the following boards are using it too with a positive effect: Long hair community and BHM. I also found it funny that every search result mentions LHCF. I'm sorry to say this, well not really, but I think our board has the fastest growth rate, heads full of healthy hair, members who go on to do big things (Sistaslick, Macherie) members who learn to make their own (Den 1, Candy C) and not to mention the best tips around. So with that said GROW GIRLS GROW!!!! :lachen: were under scrutiny as if we got the secret formula :lachen:

ravenmerlita

I read that blog from time to time. I actually thought the entry was fair since s/he notes that the skepticism is based on very limited research.

The Beauty Brains bottom line
The only report I was able to find does not support using miconazole for hair growth. Of course it’s possible that there are other studies out there showing a cause and effect. If anyone comes across them, please send them to me for review. I’ll gladly revise my position based on new data. But without some kind of study and plausible mechanism, I remain skeptical that yeast infection creams can increase hair growth.

ETA: Even though he mentions LHCF, the link actually points to the "Long Hair Community" a different site.

Last edited:

chicacanella

They make several mentions of medical studies that says miconazole works, but I was unable to find any such studies. (If anyone from the Long Hair Forum reads this, please let me know which reports you’re referring to.)

Can someone point to where they have seen us mention about the medical studies? I'm not an avid follower of the MN threads, but to my knowledge it's only an experiment that has been beneficial to some members.
I did my own search and have found out that members on the following boards are using it too with a positive effect: Long hair community and BHM. I also found it funny that every search result mentions LHCF. I'm sorry to say this, well not really, but I think our board has the fastest growth rate, heads full of healthy hair, members who go on to do big things (Sistaslick, Macherie) members who learn to make their own (Den 1, Candy C) and not to mention the best tips around. So with that said GROW GIRLS GROW!!!! :lachen: were under scrutiny as if we got the secret formula :lachen:

Amen to that! Those bloggers are just some haters! Seriously.:look:

You don't see BHM or LHC getting called out like that when members on both sites use MN. But I get it.....we must be doing something right to get called out like that! :lachen:

chicacanella

I read that blog from time to time. I actually thought the entry was fair since s/he notes that the skepticism is based on very limited research.

ETA: Even though he mentions LHCF, the link actually points to the "Long Hair Community" a different site.

I seriously doubt someone is going to send him some reports because who really cares to do that in order to change his "skepticism." If he doens't think it works-fine, it doesn't mean that will stop it from working my scalp. I will however frequent the site for amusement.

NAKISH66

What's the one that he said works ketoconazole or something like that, WHERE CAN WE FIND IT????:lachen::lachen::lachen:It might be better than miconazole :grin:

J/K..................

Moroni

I seriously doubt someone is going to send him some reports because who really cares? to do that in order to change his "skepticism." If he doens't think it works-fine, it doesn't mean that will stop it from working my scalp. I will however frequent the site for amusement.

This was MY thought exactly, well, quite a bit milder, actually! :lachen:So what if they don't believe? Now, if we were trying to convert the world's view of MN for hairgrowth so that the cost of the product would go through the roof, and we'd not be able to run to FDS and pick it up when we felt like it......then, we'd be spending countless hours researching the research, just to publish our findings for skeptics! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I say let 'em laugh! I'm laughing, too...all the way to BSL!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Miss*Tress

Seeing as how the link goes to the Long Hair Community, I wouldn't be too concerned about what the blogger has to say about LHCF. :shrug:

Keen

Yeah, I didn't think it was racially motivated. It sound like a fair observation. there are many people on this site who think the same thing. Everyone is entitle to their opinion, good or bad.

*Muffin*

I really hate bogus studies and statistics. The truth of the matter is that they mean NOTHING. One can always find "proof" and "reasons" to discredit something but, as the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding. All I know is that if something works for you personally, then keep using it. Let other people scoff and question whether it works or not. All I have to say is slap on that cream if it's making YOUR hair grow. Don't be concerned about certain people who feel the need to scoff at your hair-care choices. They come a dime a dozen :yep:.

Last edited:

santia

Re: Who knew LHCF was that popular???? Now I'm pissed

Sage Says:

I’ve read your comment chief.
It is apparent to me that you are so totally un-sympathetic to the blacks.
Black people can’t grow hair as fast and their hair isn’t as strong as whites.
You shouldn’t knock someone else for trying various things to make it work.
There I said it!!!

What did this :censored: just say?!?!?!?