Who said there isn't a God???!!!!

deola

My daughter and I were in a car accident yesterday that could easily have taken both our lives but the God I serve once again showed up and showed out!

We were coming from the store and I was making a lane change in front of a semi truck-I think that's what they are called-these very large trucks that carry supplies for companies, think macdonald's. I signaled and made my lane change and I guess at that exact same time he picked up speed cos the next thing I knew he hit my car from the side and dragged the car along so that my car came to a stop on the middle divider facing on-coming traffic.

The whole thing happened so fast but I remember praying "God don't let this truck push us over to the other side of the road" and also what my husband had told me about not braking hard in the event of an accident or a burst tire but to "pump the brakes gently". I was in a state of shock and I'm just still trying to comprehend what happened but I thank my heavenly Father who watches over His own that we came out of it alive- my daughter is A-okay and I mean literally-she's jumping about the whole place like there's no care in the world :yep:.

I'm beginning to suffer muscle shock - as the ER doctor put it but it could have been worse! The truck driver was thankful that I was driving a honda and not a small car or light car that could have easily been crushed, I still don't know who was at fault but again I'm grateful to God that no one got hurt including the truck driver.

It still seems surreal cos I have never been in accident before and once again I'm reminded that those things which we fuss about and some of those things we hold too close to our hearts are not all that important. This is one of those situations that makes one re-evaluate the most important things in life.

Thing is when I left the house that morning, I had a funny feeling that would not go away but I just had to nip in and out of the store quickly:look:

Praise God for His faithfulness and His promises of abundant life!:spinning:

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Wow, yes! That is a true blessing from God that you two are okay!! I am so happy for you:yep:

PeopleTalkDaily

God always shows up and shows out when you least expect it..

thank god you two are ok....

I am glad you had a humble truck driver...
continue to be blessed...

juju

GOD is great all the time ! even when we don't see it at times.

Praise God for saving your lives .

PoeticJustice

Thank God, I'm so glad you two are okay!!! Keep a close watch on your precious little one in case she starts complaining about soreness. Sometimes it comes days later as me and my kids were also in a bad accident.

Again, I'm very happy you two are okay :yep:

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I am so happy that you are able to share this thread with us. God bless you and your daughter!!! ((( HUGS )))

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
not to take away from the op but i almost got into a car accident twice yesterday and the second time would have been a real bad one this school bus was taking up half the side of the road and i wanted to go around because i didnt feel like waiting and as soon as i get around this family van out of no where zooms right pass me to make a left turn into the block i nearly hit him and i pressed on my brakes hard and the passenger stuck a birdy at me and i was just thankful that God was there to save me because i would have hit that van for sure. The God we serve is an awesome God. He is more than worthy of our praises.

deola

Thank God, I'm so glad you two are okay!!! Keep a close watch on your precious little one in case she starts complaining about soreness. Sometimes it comes days later as me and my kids were also in a bad accident.

Again, I'm very happy you two are okay :yep:

I'm sorry to hear about that! Were there injuries? I'll surely keep a close watch. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers-God never complains about overtime and He's not weary of keeping a close eye on us-praise God for your deliverance!

deola

not to take away from the op but i almost got into a car accident twice yesterday and the second time would have been a real bad one this school bus was taking up half the side of the road and i wanted to go around because i didnt feel like waiting and as soon as i get around this family van out of no where zooms right pass me to make a left turn into the block i nearly hit him and i pressed on my brakes hard and the passenger stuck a birdy at me and i was just thankful that God was there to save me because i would have hit that van for sure. The God we serve is an awesome God. He is more than worthy of our praises.

Please feel free!:yep:

The devil is surely working overtime to cause confusion but what he meant for evil, God has already turned it around for good! I'm glad you are okay!

Aveena

I should have died (or at least seriously injured in two car accidents) my son 3!!!! so I know what you are talking about!!!! I'm glad you are able to recognize the power of God's grace and give praise and glory where it is rightfully due! :yep:

deola

Thanks ladies for your heartfelt wishes!

When that call, prayer, email or something beyond our wildest dreams that will change our lives forever is about to happen, machinations and devices of the enemy work overtime to stop it but we know that God has already put things in motion to combat the enemy on our behalf so that no matter the outcome, we know God's purpose will ultimately come through and we will win.

Praise God again for His mighty deliverance everyday for battles He has fought and won that we don't even know about!

Blessed_Angel

Thanks ladies for your heartfelt wishes!

When that call, prayer, email or something beyond our wildest dreams that will change our lives forever is about to happen, machinations and devices of the enemy work overtime to stop it but we know that God has already put things in motion to combat the enemy on our behalf so that no matter the outcome, we know God's purpose will ultimately come through and we will win.

Praise God again for His mighty deliverance everyday for battles He has fought and won that we don't even know about!

Amen! That is so true.

By the grace of God you both are alive and well. So glad to hear that you all are ok.