Whoever said the devil doesn't like good news....

BLESSED1

was on point. Last night my bf proposed, I accepted. He got ready to go to work, and as he puts on his coats looks at his phone since it started vibrating. Then he asks me did you leave me a text message? I told him no, I don't do that since my cell company charges me for that service. He goes come here and look at this. Lo & behold, a message "you looked really good today all dressed up, made me reminisce about what we had".

So I start calmly questioning who's that, is that your baby momma? and he's like no you know we don't even get along (and sadly that's true they really can't stand each other now, another story :look: So I had him use my phone to call the number on the message. He says it rang forever and a day, no one picked up and he hung up before any voicemail could come on. But a minute later my phone rings, and he goes its that number, you answer. Some little girl goes who is this and I go hold on, I know you want to talk to old boy and he's right here. Give him the phone, he answers, and goes "who was that, they hung up after I said hello". I'm like well you know what it's just some juvenile girl and I'm not worried about it, if your telling the truth about not messing around then I believe you.

Of course I was hot about that, but thinking that they didn't have the courage to call him or talk to him when I called back so it's nothing for me to worry about. He had a job interview that day and was all dressed up, then went to visit me at work after it was over. We used to work together, so I'm thinking someone saw him at my job that day, I know he dated 1 girl at the job before we hooked up but I don't even know what she looks like, let alone how her voice sounds. I'm just amazed that this happened, another female has never come between us before not even his child's mother (usual drama but nothing extreme). It's like sure enough, 2 people decided on embarking on the covenant of marriage and the devil is like oh no we'll see about that! Plus my bf told me he has decided to seek out God more right before he proposed. He always had faith, just wasn't adamant about it, so maybe that gave the devil 2 reasons to try and cause some strife :mad: What do you all think? I'm just going to keep praying :yep:

pebbles

Congratulations on your engagement! :yay: Keep praying, sweetie! :kiss:

(I'm telling you, a lot of our members will get engaged on this year. I've been asking God for that testimony for the end of this year! :trampolin )

BAILEYSCREAM

Blessed1,

First of all congratulations on your recent engagement.:dance7: :band2:

Also, don't forget that your husband-to-be loves you and you seem to have good communication going on. This shows in the fact that he asked you about the text and showed it to you.

Just keep on praying and things will work out right.:)

BLESSED1

-pebbles; I forgot I was going to pm you and thank you, why were you the first person that popped into my head after the proposal I was like "oh my goodness, Pebbles was right about praying for us to find a true husband this year" And I want to thank you on all of the other advice that you have given me :kiss:

-baileyscream; thanks on the congrats! And your right, I think what prevented me from blowing my top was the fact that the first thing he did was ask me if I sent that message, then immediately proceed to show it to me. He could have kept quite and erased it and I would've never known. I'm going to keep praying, for this will probably be a rocky road since the devil doesn't like for things like this to happen you know?

Thanks again yall :D

Nenah

Congrats on the engagement!!!!!

He can allways get the number changed it doesn't cost that much.

pebbles

BLESSED1 said:
-pebbles; I forgot I was going to pm you and thank you, why were you the first person that popped into my head after the proposal I was like "oh my goodness, Pebbles was right about praying for us to find a true husband this year" And I want to thank you on all of the other advice that you have given me :kiss:

Oh, how sweet!! :kiss: Girl, I am giddy with joy everytime I hear one of our members say she's engaged! I've been asking God to bring marriages to my sisters on this forum, on this year. Come December 31, I want to go to church and testify that I prayed for God to bring marriages for my sisters, and He did it in large numbers! :trampolin

BLESSED1

hee hee...thanks again for the congrats y'all. I talked to him some more today, after I had time to calm down, and get this. He said he kept looking at the number, and finally realized its a former coworker of his that he briefly dated long before we hooked up, and no it's not the one I knew about (I guess he got around back in the day, I dunno :ohwell: And he said he was surprised because they didn't have anything big, he said it was more like he messed around with her for a little while. I just KNEW it had to have been someone from work, a women's intuition is usually on point right :lol: Like I said though, I'm just going to pray that she, along with anyone else doesn't try to cause us trouble....

GoingBack

pebbles said:
Oh, how sweet!! :kiss: Girl, I am giddy with joy everytime I hear one of our members say she's engaged! I've been asking God to bring marriages to my sisters on this forum, on this year. Come December 31, I want to go to church and testify that I prayed for God to bring marriages for my sisters, and He did it in large numbers! :trampolin

Wow..that would truly be a blessing. I cant wait to get mine too!!! :D

BLESSED1

Thanks again for the congrats and advice y'all :kiss: And yeah I asked him about changing the number, he said that wouldn't be a problem. I'm going to just try to focus on the positive though you know :grin:

pebbles

Supergirl said:
Look girl--I just have one thing to say: CONGRATULATIONS to you and your fiancee!!!!!

Pebbles, WOW!

I'm telling y'all, GOD is doing it! I've been asking HIM to flex HIS muscles all over my sisters in this particular area, saved and unsaved alike. And I have an unshakeable faith that HE will bless many of my sisters on this year! Everytime a member posts that she's engaged, I shout for joy and shake my head at the faithfulness of GOD ALMIGHTY! :woot: :trampolin

BLESSED1

Aww thanks again girls y'all are the best! and supergirl forgive me for being slow but I just read a post saying that your engaged, congrats to you too babe :clap:

Pebs, what goes around comes around. You are praying for all of us here, I'm letting you know that I started praying for you to find your christian prince charming soon. I'll be looking forward to reading that post :yep:

pebbles

BLESSED1 said:
Pebs, what goes around comes around. You are praying for all of us here, I'm letting you know that I started praying for you to find your christian prince charming soon. I'll be looking forward to reading that post :yep:

Awww, thanks sweetie! :kiss:

Lorraine

Congratulations, Blessed1. Trust that God will take care of everything. The fact that you trust your fiance in a situation like this shows that you two have a very stable and most importantly trusting relationship. I don't know how someone could have gotten his phone number in order to text message him. However, it is possible that people from the past are trying to interrupt your future. Don't let 'em!

Congratulations again.

BLESSED1

Lorraine said:
Congratulations, Blessed1. Trust that God will take care of everything. The fact that you trust your fiance in a situation like this shows that you two have a very stable and most importantly trusting relationship. I don't know how someone could have gotten his phone number in order to text message him. However, it is possible that people from the past are trying to interrupt your future. Don't let 'em!

Congratulations again.

girl that's exactly what it was, an ex of his. I'm not sweating it though. Thanks for the congrats honey, and to you too I read that you're engaged too!

BLESSED1

I'm still not sure. He calls me and says he decided he's not ready, has "some things" that he has to do, are his priority now before he feels he should think about getting married. Yeah I was heated, guess I should've gotten a ring first so at least I could've sold it for some dough you know? :lol:

BTW he just lost his job again so I think that may have a lot to do with it, I think he may be thinking about what he wants to do w/ his life and how can he provide for his son and maybe me, who knows :look:

BLESSED1

thanks stcsweet, you are too sweet :kiss: we went to my church revival last nite, and he said he had a really good time and was happy he came. He doesn't go to church often, but I felt it was ironic that last nite's message was pertaining to those going through a rough time, especially those that were laid off. I was like whoa, how does the pastor know the situation like that! I believe that if God brought you to it, He can get you through it. My bf and I are still together and I'm just not going to press the marriage issue, give him time to work things out but let him know that God and I are there for him you know?