Wholesome Entertainment Thread

Discussion in 'Christian Fellowship' started by Lucia, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Lucia

Lucia Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Unfortunately I've found that there's a great shortage in wholesome tv and films with people of color in the leads, even when POCs are majority or the full cast most seem to be pandering only to the grown and sexy or the scandalous and ratchet. Or there just straight every stereotype of whatever race, ethnicity, or culture of the lead characters like Our family wedding with America Ferrera.
    If you can find them, post them. Sometimes there are cast members that are supporting just not leads.

There is the daters handbook the lead actress Meaghan Markle who is mixed race, but it's not too appropriate for younger children, I'd say pg-14-15. The kid would have to be introduced to dating vs courting.

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/daters-handbook/cast/meghan-markle

ABC family has some movies with Christina Milian but in the storyline is not wholesome i.e. she's living with the boyfriend, etc... the only one that's family friendly is Snow Globe.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    momi likes this.
  2. momi

momi Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    We watched God is not dead 2 last night - excellent movie.

By the way Pure Flix is now available on Apple TV!

Iwanthealthyhair67 and Lucia like this.
  3. Lucia

Lucia Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Update: Lady Gang they have a show on E and a podcast.

I happened to see about 5 m of this newish show on E Lady Gang. Now it seems harmless but they’re having no holds barred full frontal dating and sexual adult women convos including bleeped out profanity at midday like 11AM on a weekday to be precise. Well I looked up this episode it’s called I woke up like this single ???
    And they go into alternative forms of aggressive foreplay and one host describes how she pleased her man in a public place under the table then she proceeds to teach the others at the table in detaied explaination how to do these same act then makes a “catchy” chorus about it.
    I have no problem with adult women talking about adult stuff but can it be after 11PM maybe in the weekend and not on a regular cable station during the morning in a weekday where it really shouldn’t be. Some kids are homeschooled some are home sick even if that wasn’t the case they need to keep off color stuff for nighttime. I’m single too but I like to think that I know what’s appropriate and where and when they're appropriate
    I sent an email to one million moms.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  4. awhyley

awhyley "Zexy Lover"

Blog Posts:
    @Iwanthealthyhair67 Any updates?
    I want to start searching for this, but it doesn't make sense if it's still not available.

5. Maracujá

Maracujá November 2019 --> 13 years natural!!!

Blog Posts:

Lita likes this.
  6. momi

momi Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    We just watched Gallows Road on Amazon prime - it was a really good movie!

Gallows Road is a story of choices. Loss and heartbreak challenges a man to forgive the unforgivable.

An evil act takes the lives of a man’s wife and children. Despaired he retreats to isolation. He is done with God and men. Two children discover him and their friendship begins to penetrate his soul.

Can he rise above the ashes and learn to forgive or will he seek revenge? Ask and ye shall receive… seek and ye shall find.

Dove Review
    “Gallows Road” does a terrific job showing that forgiveness is possible even in the most difficult situations. It also clearly demonstrates that a person can redeem bad decisions by making good ones.

Ernie Hudson does a great job playing Bob Collins, a family man with a wife and two kids. He’s happy because he is about to open a new store in town with his brother Seth (Marcus M. Mauldin). However, two rowdies in town named Snake Cain (Rett Terrell) and his brother Matty (Frank Mosley) plan to thwart the opening of the store. Their father previously owned the business and, on top of their jealousy of Bob and Seth now owning the store, they are prejudiced to boot. They also have the sheriff, Joe Cain (Brent Anderson), a relative, in their pocket.

They pull a local man, Jake Knight (Bill McAdams Jr.), unwittingly into their scheme and when tragedy results from the Cain brothers’ anger, Jake is prevented from interceding on Bob’s behalf. His conscience eats away at him and he turns to the bottle for relief. Ultimately he finds a strong friend and gets spiritual advice from his boss, Frank Thompson (Kevin Sorbo). Although a showdown seems inevitable, Jake is determined to stand up for what is right and to make sure Bob Collins is not harassed any more.

We are pleased to award our “Faith-Friendly” Seal for ages twelve plus to this movie. “Gallows Road” is, despite its title, a movie about life and hope. It shows compellingly the powerful freedom that comes with forgiving one’s enemy.

7. momi

momi Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    I wouldn't exactly call this movie wholesome but it does tastefully deal with women of faith and men on the down low... mercy. Do people still say down low??? Well I don't know but you'll be saying it after watching this movie.

Iwanthealthyhair67 and Jphillips like this.
  8. Jphillips

Jphillips Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Great movie recommendation! I love how the lead character didn’t do anything to compromise her freedom. She was very relatable.

momi likes this.
  9. momi

momi Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    Hey @Jphillips! I'm glad you had time to check it out. Yes I agree, the wife was very easy to relate to. I think people fall into two categories: trusting or suspicious. She seemed to be very trusting until evidence proved otherwise. For me, I'm suspicious from jump!

Jphillips likes this.
  10. Iwanthealthyhair67

Iwanthealthyhair67 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:

Sorry, I'm a bit late but no updates, even my prime doesn't always work I have Kodi so I just pull up what I want to see using Kodi