Who's your Naomi?

HeChangedMyName

Ruth followed Naomi was loyal to her and listened to her; she trusted her, and in the end, it was Naomi who told and taught Ruth how to snag Boaz. . . So do you have any seasoned woman in your life who is your Naomi who is teaching you the art of preparing for her soon to be husband.

momi

Ruth followed Naomi was loyal to her and listened to her; she trusted her, and in the end, it was Naomi who told and taught Ruth how to snag Boaz. . . So do you have any seasoned woman in your life who is your Naomi who is teaching you the art of preparing for her soon to be husband.

I am a type of "Naomi" for a few women... while I was in my season of singleness God sent me a Naomi. She was truly a blessing to the both of us and had a special place of honor in our ceremony.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
My mother :yep:

Ooops...saw this was a thread for singles. Well, Mom has always been my Naomi...esp when I first told her about my DH. He's the only man she never had a bad thing to say about from the beginning...and that was definitely a good sign!

Last edited:

makeupgirl

I don't have a naomi but I look at the examples of the women in my church for guidance and I also think about Esther and Ruth in guidance.

Bunny77

It wasn't my mother...

It's been various women I've met on Internet message boards and the owners of a dating service, believe it or not...

phynestone

I would say I have a couple of Naomis in my life, including my mom and other older women I respect. Some are even on this board.

plainj

Wonderful thread. I'm not single but I wish I had a Naomi to teach me all the things my own mother didn't.

awhyley

It wasn't my mother...

It's been various women I've met on Internet message boards and the owners of a dating service, believe it or not...

I concur, my Naomi has really been you ladies. After coming here, I've realized how much bad advice I'd been ingesting over the years. My mom has tried, but she didn't really marry her ideal man and their relationship has never been optimal, at any time. I wish she had a Naomi back in the day.

Prudent1

I have a few:yep:. My mom, I have other women in my family who I have learned a great deal from, then I am also blessed to have some awesome ladies at my church who are great mentors. I cannot discount the women on LHCF either. There are many here who give wonderful advice. Then like Momi and Laela, IRL I have women that come to me for advice. The learning cycle never ends.

HeChangedMyName

I don't have a naomi but I look at the examples of the women in my church for guidance and I also think about Esther and Ruth in guidance.

Me too. there are several happily married women in my church whom i look to. I watch and observe how they interact and it's very sobering to see that relationships that have God as their central core, really do play out very differently than those without God at their center.

It wasn't my mother...

wasn't my mother either. she taught me how to be a good mother, but being a wife and preparing for a man. . .that has been a cycle in my ffamily for generations where women failed. But, I'm determined not to let my DD go down that road. It stops with me. I wanna be my daughter's naomi

i need a Naomi!

They are all over. just look around. There are quite a few here on the board. DLewis comes to mind. . .Hey D :d

I have a few:yep:. My mom, I have other women in my family who I have learned a great deal from, then I am also blessed to have some awesome ladies at my church who are great mentors. I cannot discount the women on LHCF either. There are many here who give wonderful advice. Then like Momi and Laela, IRL I have women that come to me for advice. The learning cycle never ends.

That's the joy of it. It's how things should be.

Titus 2
3Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.