Why are BLACK woman losing their hair??

Aussie

This is one of the main questions and concerns I have had for years. So what did I do? I went straight to the library to find books on african american hair(well since i am AA). I came across GOOD books about this topic. However one book really stood out and really went into detail about it. Why Are Black Woman Losing Their Hair? by Barry Fletcher. Yes Barry Fletcher has his own line of hair products as well.

So to make a long story short... I have learned so much MORE about my hair and I would strongly recommend any one(race also) that wants to learn about hair care should read this book. I got this one from the library so its not like Im profiting or promoting this. Im just a sister tryna help ALL her LHCF sisters out. It really goes into detail about relaxers, permers, naturals, weavers, braiders, hair loss, hair growth,products, alllllll that and much more. So take a look because I believe I have learned a great deal.

aus ova n out:grin:

AfroKink

So the jist is black women are loosing their hair because.........? lol

Lys

Last edited:

Aussie

Its really not about buying his book that I posted this thread. That is why I said KEYWORD: library:wallbash:. There are many reasons AAs lose their hair, it is not just one cause. So for the ones that are extra curious... do the research or read a book. I knew a few reasons, however this book helped me to understand the problems, fix them, or stop them from ever happening. Thanks to the ones that understand I put this up to help.... not to explain.:yawn:

BahatiSeey2

Why? Bottom line...STRESS. Emotional, Chemical, Physical, you name it...STRESS.

This is one of the main questions and concerns I have had for years. So what did I do? I went straight to the library to find books on african american hair(well since i am AA). I came across GOOD books about this topic. However one book really stood out and really went into detail about it. Why Are Black Woman Losing Their Hair? by Barry Fletcher. Yes Barry Fletcher has his own line of hair products as well.

So to make a long story short... I have learned so much MORE about my hair and I would strongly recommend any one(race also) that wants to learn about hair care should read this book. I got this one from the library so its not like Im profiting or promoting this. Im just a sister tryna help ALL her LHCF sisters out. It really goes into detail about relaxers, permers, naturals, weavers, braiders, hair loss, hair growth,products, alllllll that and much more. So take a look because I believe I have learned a great deal.

aus ova n out:grin:

Lady Esquire

Its really not about buying his book that I posted this thread. That is why I said KEYWORD: library:wallbash:. There are many reasons AAs lose their hair, it is not just one cause. So for the ones that are extra curious... do the research or read a book. I knew a few reasons, however this book helped me to understand the problems, fix them, or stop them from ever happening. Thanks to the ones that understand I put this up to help.... not to explain.:yawn:

I bought this bought book YEARS ago. I was not inspired by this book at all, for some reason, and it merely collected dust. It was not until 2005, a few years later, when I hit up the internet, and found Carolyn Gray's book, I started a true regimen and learned true technique. The boards are the ultimate resource!

I understand what you're saying though, get out there and read, and learn about our hair. Fletcher did not work for me, but will for someone.

HoneyDew

I have this book, and like LE, it is collecting dust. It is okay to read but to give straight forward hair advice, I thnk this board is WAY better! I flipped over that book while under the dryer deep conditioning 2 or 3 times at the start of my hair journey. But, I have not looked at it ONCE since.

Aussie

i guess in this care the sayin applies.... "dont send a man to do a womans job".... ill look into that book by Ms.Carolyn:yawn:

HoneyDew

i guess in this care the sayin applies.... "dont send a man to do a womans job".... ill look into that book by Ms.Carolyn:yawn:

I liked that book. I think it is one of my favorites. She can make you into a PJ, though.