Why did no one tell me...

Napp

Ms. Nobody
That natural products blows away regular commercial products ?!?!?!?

After trying Shea moisture and Nubian heritage I was turned off my the "grass roots natural" Products. I thought other products would be heavy,greasy and smell cloying like their products do.

Recently I went to a hair product swap and got some samples of some real natural hair products. Soultanicals, be mine and moptop and omg I think I have found my new HGs! Its really blowing my mind right now that a dinky little tub of sample allows me to wash n go in 1/2 the time then I usually take. I truly needed just a drop of product for it to work. This is UNHEARD of! Instead of slathering my hair in cheapie conditioners I just add a little leave in a and a bit of styler and I get one of the best wash n go of my life! Lawd!

My pjism has be renewed. Watch out for me come black friday! Lol

Please tell me all about your natural products recommendations too. Us PJs have to stick together!:lol:

Britt

LOL! I only use natural hair products even when I was fully relaxed. I don't really care for commercial products. There's TONS of various vendors on Etsy and plenty reviews and products for you to try. Some of my favs are:

Annabelle Perfect Blends moisturizers
Naturelle Grow deep conditioners
Darcy Botanical's Pumpkin Seed

I doubt I will find something of this quality commercially :nono:

NaturallyATLPCH

Girl, you better head over to the Annabelle's thread!

My fav natural lines:
Annabelle's Perfect Blends (cream, leave in, ayurvedic oil)
Jessicurl (the DC)
Darcy's Botanicals (leave in, pumpkinseed condish)
SheScentIt (okra reconstructor, tahitian vanilla leave in, riche moisture mask)
Oyin Handmade (Hair Dew)
Soultanicals (Knot Sauce, Knot Butta)
LACE Naturals (Brahmi Deep Treatment)

And I have tried MANY.

Annabelle's is trumping errybody right now.
I think I have just generated my Black Friday list :lol::lol::lol:.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
:look: NaturallyATLPCH

We are not starting the Black Friday/Small Business Saturday/Cyber Monday madness that ensues around these parts, til everyone has survived the hurr related Back to School sales. :hammer:

That would be following Labor Day weekend!

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I highly recommend the following:
  • Silk Dreams for DC's
  • Oyin Handmade for leave ins (Hair Dew, Whipped Pudding, and Burnt Sugar Pomade)
  • Bee Mine's DC and Luscious Moisturizer
  • Qhemet Biologics (BRBC, AOHC, OHHB, and CTDG)

I'm shocked because I know that you go hard for Brazilian,Dominican, and Italian
products. When I saw your post I was like :thud: someone has spiked this girls :drink: with something Napp

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Oh my bad MileHighDiva. I have to look ahead to Black Friday because based on all my ISH and me staying in protective style mode, that's my next haul. :grin:

Girl, last year the vendors were acting up, during Back to School and Labor Day :nono: They just kept hammering us with sales. The hard core PJ's will start making their lists on Monday or Tuesday when the 4th is over. Watch!

ETA: I forgot your'e part of the hard core crew, See, I'm just a Baby PJ(BPJ), :yep: :lol: :lachen::lol: NaturallyATLPCH

Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

Wait.. There's something better than shea moisture?! But I heart that stuff!

I wont be too mad cause I've had a tub of their curling custard stuff for almost a year. I never finish a tub before I have to toss it because I really dont need to use it... I just want to need to use it if that makes sense.

I want to try some of the other stuff you guys have mentioned but ever since I got sick I've had to put pj'ing on the back burner to pay these medical bills (good lawd)

I always hesitate to get stuff cause I swear when I buy things that's the companies sign to go commercial and sell out :'( Plus my reggie is so simple I dont even know ifs worth tampering with. I would love to go chemicaless though.

Though I'm pretty sure I have to stay with sulfate poos.

I think I'm just rambling now... :look:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Don't get me wrong, I love my Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie...but chile, where have you been?!

In no particular order... (as IDareT'sHair like to say) :)

Oyin Hair Dew: Super duper moisturizing abilities
Annabelle's Perfect Blends on Etsy (super moisturizing and yummy scents...especially the leave in sprays and hair creams)
Silk Dreams Hair Care (for her wonderful dcs...especially Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream and Razzberry Coconut Affair)
SheScentIt: Her Riche Moisture Mask, Cococream leave in, and Cutie Pie (kid's line) Leave In are amazing
Soultanicals: Mango Dip Detangling Slip is one of the best detanglers/moisturizers I have ever used (behind SSI Cutie Pie leave in). *Her cs and shipping I heard have improved, but I still like to buy from other online or on ground retailers. :look:
Liquid Gold: Love their hair butters. Smell really good and great whipped consistency.
Bee Mine: Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer is superb
Hairveda: Her oils are the best and her prices can't be beat. Almond Glaze is a great natural grease. I like her Sitrinillah dc also.
Naturelle Grow on Etsy: Very nice dcers with lots of slip
My Honey Child: Pricey and her products aren't all scented that great, but they get the job done really well...recommendations are the Buttery Soy Hair Cream and Sophia's Hair Grease
Qhemet Biologics: Excellent tried and true products. Solid moisturizers that I love are the Amla & Olive Heavy Cream and the Burdock Butter Root Cream
Darcy's Botanicals: I love her Pumpkin Seed moisturizer and the cocoa bean hair whip. I heard the dc is excellent.

Others that I've heard are good, but haven't tried...
b.a.s.k, Blue Roze Beauty, Lace Naturals.

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I highly recommend the following:
  • Silk Dreams for DC's
  • Oyin Handmade for leave ins (Hair Dew, Whipped Pudding, and Burnt Sugar Pomade)
  • Bee Mine's DC and Luscious Moisturizer
  • Qhemet Biologics (BRBC, AOHC, OHHB, and CTDG)

I'm shocked because I know that you go hard for Brazilian,Dominican, and Italian
products. When I saw your post I was like :thud: someone has spiked this girls :drink: with something Napp

Lmao! The beemine moisturizer is literally the "bees knees"! I had the most awesome twist out today!

Don't get me wrong, I love my Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie...but chile, where have you been?!

In no particular order... (as IDareT'sHair like to say) :)

Annabelle's Perfect Blends on Etsy (super moisturizing and yummy scents...especially the leave in sprays and hair creams)
Silk Dreams Hair Care (for her wonderful dcs...especially Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream and Razzberry Coconut Affair)
SheScentIt: Her Riche Moisture Mask, Cococream leave in, and Cutie Pie (kid's line) Leave In are amazing
Soultanicals: Mango Dip Detangling Slip is one of the best detanglers/moisturizers I have ever used (behind SSI Cutie Pie leave in). *Her cs and shipping I heard have improved, but I still like to buy from other online or on ground retailers. :look:
Liquid Gold: Love their hair butters. Smell really good and great whipped consistency.
Hairveda: Her oils are the best and her prices can't be beat. Almond Glaze is a great natural grease. I like her Sitrinillah dc also.
My Honey Child: Pricey and her products aren't all scented that great, but they get the job done really well...recommendations are the Buttery Soy Hair Cream and Sophia's Hair Grease
Qhemet Biologics: Excellent tried and true products. Solid moisturizers that I love are the Amla & Olive Heavy Cream and the Burdock Butter Root Cream
Darcy's Botanicals: I love her Pumpkin Seed moisturizer and the cocoa bean hair whip. I heard the dc is excellent.

I have to admit that the small sizes and expensive prices did not sit well for me but now i see that i dont need to slather on products for them to do what i want to do. It never dawned upon me that natural products would be better than say a salon brand.

MzRhonda

That natural products blows away regular commercial products ?!?!?!?

After trying Shea moisture and Nubian heritage I was turned off my the "grass roots natural" Products. I thought other products would be heavy,greasy and smell cloying like their products do.

Recently I went to a hair product swap and got some samples of some real natural hair products. Soultanicals, be mine and moptop and omg I think I have found my new HGs! Its really blowing my mind right now that a dinky little tub of sample allows me to wash n go in 1/2 the time then I usually take. I truly needed just a drop of product for it to work. This is UNHEARD of! Instead of slathering my hair in cheapie conditioners I just add a little leave in a and a bit of styler and I get one of the best wash n go of my life! Lawd!

My pjism has be renewed. Watch out for me come black friday! Lol

Please tell me all about your natural products recommendations too. Us PJs have to stick together!:lol:

Napp what leave in and styler did you use for your wash and go?

I really like Bee Mine. :up:

Mz.MoMo5235

In no particular order... (as @IDareT'sHair like to say) :)

I'm still using the year I lived in India as a reason why I dont know anything any more lol

I dunno. Like I used to love CD then they changed on me!!! Same with Curls! Curls was the first I went with and then they betrayed me man!

I have bad luck with this stuff.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Napp what leave in and styler did you use for your wash and go?

I really like Bee Mine. :up:

MzRhonda I used lustrasilks moisture max keratin leave in(not a natural product) along with soultanicals mane thick creamy slick. the lustrasilk has been a staple for me for quite some time. When i added the mane thick my curls started popping like crazy and i could feel the difference My hair looked awesome when it dried.

I thought i was a fluke so I tried it again and got the same awesome results. i still have half of the sample jar too! I went ahead and bought the full size but i did before looking on the board. I hope i do not have to wait a long time for shipping.

I think i will slowly be making the transition to all natural products as i whittle away my current stash.

caliscurls

I'm still using the year I lived in India as a reason why I dont know anything any more lol I dunno. Like I used to love CD then they changed on me!!! Same with Curls! Curls was the first I went with and then they betrayed me man! I have bad luck with this stuff.

Yeah Curls let me down, lol! They used to be my one and ONLY line, since they changed their ingredients several years ago I've never gone back. Even tried emailing them asking what happened and those sucka's never replied.

That's why now even though I'm about 90% using natural products I'm working on having backups in a different line on everything. That's how I justify my massive PJ ways this summer :look: :)