Why do we have to pay $6.50?

KINISE

Hooray!!! Today is my first week as an official "paying" member. Previously, I would just "google" questions I had about my hair-- and the search always led me to LHCF.
Last Saturday, I decided to treat "ME" better- and I joined so I could really explore ways to achieve my new goals. I signed up for two years- I wanted to commit to a better way of doing things and I felt signing up for two years meant that for the next two years- at least- I would be focusing on my hair care. Now I have found that every subject one could imagine is addressed right here. I even spent time searching with my 20 year old daughter who was home for spring break-- and we enjoyed "oooing" and "awwwing" at all the beautiful hair. She has decided to go natural- now instead of asking me thousands of questions, I can tell her check out LHCF!!!
I hope and pray that the owner of this forum is compensated ins some way for this huge effort- think of how many lives she touches on a daily basis- the law of reciprocity says she should "receive" also!

This site, and a student forum website are the two main forums that I frequent. LHCF has a fee to be able to post, whereas its free in the student forum, and I can completely see the differences. There seems to be at least one or two new trolls on the other forum everyday, flaming threads and admittedly giving us a bit of a laugh. Whereas on this one, it's fairly more civil and serious, but still friendly, and I like it :yep:. The $6.50 is definitely worth the year, cos it's not too much if you think about it :D

jas4xj

This is just a question that has been running through my head. Why do we have to pay to post here? I am a member of several other boards i.e tivoforums, atkinsforum, supraforums etc. This is the only board that charges me to post :confused: I read in other threads that it was to keep "trolls" away. I understand this reasoning but why do we have to continue to pay yearly?

Why can't we be happy when someone is an entrepreneur when we are enjoying their services? I like this forum and it gives a lot of useful information to the otherwise uninformed....for free...you just have to pay to post...and I am all for limiting bored 13 year olds from saying something idiotic. I don't care what it goes to for this simple reason, I am not paying to maintain it, and I get a great utility from it and the cost is negligible. For the cost of a chicken sandwich combo at McDonald's annually I am able to gain knowledge from people who share my goal. I am of the school of thought that people should stop feeling entitled and expecting something for nothing. Instead, congratulate someone for having the wherewithal to start a long hair care forum and support them by paying bc they are providing a service. I'm all for entrepreneurship and am soooooo waiting for welfare reform. I say that because just as in welfare, something for nothing never helped anyone....it just makes people feel like they should get even more for nothing. The site creator turned a hobby into a business. Kudos. I just hope that many of us are fortunate enough to do the same. And let's face it, it isn't much at all.

And I see that you have mentioned several boards.....if those free boards serve your interests better, opt out of paying to post. Doesn't that resolve the issue? Or create your own free board for the same purpose so you can see how it works from the other side of things. No drama intended..just calling it how I see it.:yep:

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
The post you're answering is 5 years old. I'm sure that she's gotten over the fact that there's a yearly fee.

Why can't we be happy when someone is an entrepreneur when we are enjoying their services? I like this forum and it gives a lot of useful information to the otherwise uninformed....for free...you just have to pay to post...and I am all for limiting bored 13 year olds from saying something idiotic. I don't care what it goes to for this simple reason, I am not paying to maintain it, and I get a great utility from it and the cost is negligible. For the cost of a chicken sandwich combo at McDonald's annually I am able to gain knowledge from people who share my goal. I am of the school of thought that people should stop feeling entitled and expecting something for nothing. Instead, congratulate someone for having the wherewithal to start a long hair care forum and support them by paying bc they are providing a service. I'm all for entrepreneurship and am soooooo waiting for welfare reform. I say that because just as in welfare, something for nothing never helped anyone....it just makes people feel like they should get even more for nothing. The site creator turned a hobby into a business. Kudos. I just hope that many of us are fortunate enough to do the same. And let's face it, it isn't much at all.

And I see that you have mentioned several boards.....if those free boards serve your interests better, opt out of paying to post. Doesn't that resolve the issue? Or create your own free board for the same purpose so you can see how it works from the other side of things. No drama intended..just calling it how I see it.
:yep:

Mari-Cris

And I see that you have mentioned several boards.....if those free boards serve your interests better, opt out of paying to post. Doesn't that resolve the issue? Or create your own free board for the same purpose so you can see how it works from the other side of things. No drama intended..just calling it how I see it.:yep:

Co-Sign 1000%. I am so grateful that someone thought of this idea and created this site. I just joined and, quite honestly, I would have paid 5X as much for the knowledge I am able to gain from this site. I happily paid two years up front after scanning around for a couple of days. :spinning:

genieblair

Re: Why do we have to pay $5?

okay, I though 6.50 was a good deal considering all the valuable info and blogs that can help me with my hair journey...i'm just saying....keep doing what you do, this site is great.

melodies815

Re: Why do we have to pay $5?

This thread is still open? :yawn: I thought everyone understood and loved it by now. Shoot...someone less concerned and a whole lot of crazy might charge us $40 a year. I would pay $10 for the entire year, but I wouldn't pay $11. Just kidding.

I love this place. Always will...

Christi Johnson

tdc1978

Personally I didn't care about paying the money because it was my way of showing I was serious about my hair care. I am a member of several other hair care sites and for the most part all those involved are serious about hair care, but I think on those sites people tend to go off topic more. Also here there are no advertisements, unlike the other sites I have joined. If someone doesn't want to pay, they can still get most of the information, they just can't post.