Why do we have to pay $6.50?

Allandra

Re: Why do we have to pay $5?

Hello everyone,

I just joined and I paid $6.50. I guess the fees have gone up....not complaining. Very great information I have been receiveing thus far and think it is well worth my $6.50. I'll just cut back on one product this month to cover the costs! Great day everyone!
This is an old thread. Yes, the fee has gone up to $6.50.

melodies815

It's funny...I paid for 2 years at once because I already know I will need this info for a lifetime...or at least as long as I am still growing hair. I don't post a lot, but I read like crazy, and the few changes I have made in nearly a month (my profile says I have been here since 2007, but I have really only been here since around Aug 20th or so, 2008) have made a significant difference in my texture, breakage, and growth.

There is no way that I could care about $13 for two years of insightful information when I BLOW $13 on meaningless stuff (Subway, ice cream, french fries, chewing gum, etc.) every week or day!

I AM GRATEFUL FOR THIS SITE!!!

Even if I had never found out what the money was used for, I know that web hosting costs. Moderating a site with 1 million+ posts costs. Resolving tickets costs money. I just assumed this was Bev's full time job.

LOL

Regardless of all of this, I am remarkably blessed just to be on a site like this, and I think the original poster was misunderstood. I do hope that, while this remains a sticky, that no one else ever questions Bev's integrity or business sense. I hope that this sticky simply stands as a reminder and no longer an active post...though no one of us can determine wht others will do. I can only hope that this will die now. I can only hope that Beverly deserves more out of us. ("YES WE CAN!!!" *giggling*)

It must be like a slap in her face to read some of the questions or comments and to feel completely unappreciated...though I am sure she is not that thin-skinned. Still, just imagine if you were Bev....how would you feel?

Bev...we who are growing are with you....we appreciate you and do not question your judgment...especially when just a little google research will tell us that you can't be making billions off this site...and even if you were, it would be warranted.

Thanks for all you do!

Love in Christ,
Christi and the women of LHCF

:notworthy

LisaLisa1908

What 40 looks like.
I'm so certain people have paid ten times as much for the stuff that led them to this board in the first place...running a board costs money and I'm sure if Bev gave ANY of us the reins for ONE DAY, we'd charge $100. Thank you LHCF for existing.

AtlantaJJ

Well the real answer is you don't have to pay $6.50. No one forced anyone to pay for a membership here...

And no I haven't read the thread in case this was already posted :look:

lilmsjanet

i think we pay that much because usually trolls like 2 go to forums like this and run a muck in them and make up all kinds of lies and hair concoctions that would probably make are hair fall out,but because theres a price to this forum it keeps the trolls at bay and under control

melodies815

Quick update: My daughter is 11.

She has waist length hair.

In that hair is tiny bit of 3a (bottom back), lots of 3b (middle back), lots of 4a (top), 4b (random spots), and a teeny tiny bit of 4z that breaks when I sneeze in its general direction. :perplexed

My issue has been that while her hair is easy to handle when wet, she is

(1) tenderheaded
(2) fuzzy and almost impossible to manage when dry
(3) fuzzy after being styled for a day.

Two weeks ago, I found her hair twin (an adult) on this site, and for the first time in her life, my sweet little one has been able to wear her hair down and not in the dreaded braids that keep her hair halfway manageable. I watched her self esteem shoot through the roof. I know it seems little, but for her - a girl on the verge of young womanhood with budding BB's and a wannabe shape - it means the world.

Thanks again, Beverly, for creating this, and thanks to the ladies who give so much of their time to help us mothers, wives, sisters, daughters... women of color...figure out how to best take care of their hair. I almost cried when she came home from school without puffy hair.

I only wish I had known of this site in time for her school pictures. This weeks hair photos for her are on my Fotki if it will help anyone.

Love,
CJ

soulie

Quick update: My daughter is 11.

She has waist length hair.

In that hair is tiny bit of 3a (bottom back), lots of 3b (middle back), lots of 4a (top), 4b (random spots), and a teeny tiny bit of 4z that breaks when I sneeze in its general direction. :perplexed

My issue has been that while her hair is easy to handle when wet, she is

(1) tenderheaded
(2) fuzzy and almost impossible to manage when dry
(3) fuzzy after being styled for a day.

Two weeks ago, I found her hair twin (an adult) on this site, and for the first time in her life, my sweet little one has been able to wear her hair down and not in the dreaded braids that keep her hair halfway manageable. I watched her self esteem shoot through the roof. I know it seems little, but for her - a girl on the verge of young womanhood with budding BB's and a wannabe shape - it means the world.

Thanks again, Beverly, for creating this, and thanks to the ladies who give so much of their time to help us mothers, wives, sisters, daughters... women of color...figure out how to best take care of their hair. I almost cried when she came home from school without puffy hair.

I only wish I had known of this site in time for her school pictures. This weeks hair photos for her are on my Fotki if it will help anyone.

Love,
CJ

She looks beautiful with her twisties. :yep:

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member
We edited the title to reflect the current price. Its the same topic.

darlingdiva

It's funny...I paid for 2 years at once because I already know I will need this info for a lifetime...or at least as long as I am still growing hair. I don't post a lot, but I read like crazy, and the few changes I have made in nearly a month (my profile says I have been here since 2007, but I have really only been here since around Aug 20th or so, 2008) have made a significant difference in my texture, breakage, and growth.

There is no way that I could care about $13 for two years of insightful information when I BLOW $13 on meaningless stuff (Subway, ice cream, french fries, chewing gum, etc.) every week or day!

I AM GRATEFUL FOR THIS SITE!!!

Even if I had never found out what the money was used for, I know that web hosting costs. Moderating a site with 1 million+ posts costs. Resolving tickets costs money. I just assumed this was Bev's full time job.

LOL

Regardless of all of this, I am remarkably blessed just to be on a site like this, and I think the original poster was misunderstood. I do hope that, while this remains a sticky, that no one else ever questions Bev's integrity or business sense. I hope that this sticky simply stands as a reminder and no longer an active post...though no one of us can determine wht others will do. I can only hope that this will die now. I can only hope that Beverly deserves more out of us. ("YES WE CAN!!!" *giggling*)

It must be like a slap in her face to read some of the questions or comments and to feel completely unappreciated...though I am sure she is not that thin-skinned. Still, just imagine if you were Bev....how would you feel?

Bev...we who are growing are with you....we appreciate you and do not question your judgment...especially when just a little google research will tell us that you can't be making billions off this site...and even if you were, it would be warranted.

Thanks for all you do!

Love in Christ,

I thought I was the only one who paid for the two years at once. Before I came, I used to lurk on this site ALL THE TIME. I literally spent hours on this site each day. I'm not at work today because I'm sick, but I'm on this site--GO FIGURE!!!!

I don't mind paying the fee. Paying $6.50 or, in my case, $13.50, is a small price to pay considering all the wonderful tips and inspiration that I receive.

Like melodies815, I will need this information for a lifetime. That's why I look at the fee I pay as an investment towards long, beautiful, healthy hair.

msbettyboop

Lmao so true. I havent been on this site long and I already have spent over 200 dollars in hair products and appliances.

I'm afraid to calculate how much I've spent on hair products since I joined this website for fear I'll pass out but I'm sure it's more than $200:perplexed! Passing out right now!

Aspire

Thanks for all you do!

Love in Christ,

All I can say is this . . . .

I paid $9.99 for one month to join a hair board that was $90 or $99 for the year (cant remember which). Was I incredibly pissed when everything on her board was already available on this one? Plus this board has more!!

I am incredibly grateful for LHCF. Granted my PJism has caused me to spend more since joining, but now I am starting to minimize my purchases as my regimen gets more solid. My hair is healthier than it has ever been before, and I get compliments all the time. $6.50 a year is nothing, and I would gladly pay more for an annual membership. I think it would be awesome if Bev could make this a profitable venture so that she had the option of not working an additional job if that was her choice. :yep:

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Last edited:

Demi27

All I can say is this . . . .

I paid $9.99 for one month to join a hair board that was $90 or $99 for the year (cant remember which). Was I incredibly pissed when everything on her board was already available on this one? Plus this board has more!!

I am incredibly grateful for LHCF. Granted my PJism has caused me to spend more since joining, but now I am starting to minimize my purchases as my regimen gets more solid. My hair is healthier than it has ever been before, and I get compliments all the time. $6.50 a year is nothing, and I would gladly pay more for an annual membership. I think it would be awesome if Bev could make this a profitable venture so that she had the option of not working an additional job if that was her choice. :yep:

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy​

Especially since (and I'm pretty sure I'm thinking of the same person), they used to be an active member on this site before they started theirs.

I'll take the $6.50.

Aspire

Especially since (and I'm pretty sure I'm thinking of the same person), they used to be an active member on this site before they started theirs.

I'll take the $6.50.

Umm, I had heard that, but was not sure. The info is just not worth $100/year IMO. Maybe 20-30/year, but I was pissed to pay the 10/month when I saw what was on there. :wallbash:

melodies815

Even with Youtube, this site is invaluable as a community of like-minded people who desire to know how to take care of ethnic hair.

The price is fair and I'm more than happy to pay. If it were monthly...I probably would only join for a little while and then cancel. The way Beverly has it designed, people come and they stay...and the community grows. I only wish others had been so smart about their business...but oh well. The fewer websites I have to go to for my hair needs, the better!

She's doing it the smart way for the very long term. I appreciate that, and can see myself being a subscriber for life unless something drastically changes.

It seems clear that other people have started their subscriptions without a lot of value and without an eye for the very long term....so glad I never wasted money elsewhere...

cj

NeeSee

New to this site - not sure how to post questions. But wanted to know if anyone uses Alter Ego hair care products?

Hi and welcome to the board. Don't know if you have been pointed in the right direction yet but if not, try posting this in the haircare forum. If you don't mind me saying, though, it may be best that you do a search before starting a thread. Just about any and every product on the face of this earth has been used by someone here at least once. There are plenty members here who use Alter Ego products. If, with the search, you turn up empty handed or your questions aren't answered in any of the previous threads then it will be a good idea to start a new thread inquiring about whatever it is your looking for. Hope this helps and hope you enjoy the forum.

Last edited:

kellyshair

It's actually GOOD to pay the fee.. A lot of ther boards that are free get a whole lot of uneccesary crap from people just signing up to be rude exc..pick fun ... (you would be surprised) i think indeirectly the fee insists you really want to be here and contrubute. I just joined yesterday and so far thats been the difference btween here and other boards..

Millyj

Hmmm...I guess it really doesn't bother me. $6.95 a year is not bad considering I paid $9.99 a month for one site and this one gives me MUCH more useful information.