Why do you want long hair?

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Is anyone else like me and want long hair so you can wear your hair in lazy styles and still look good?

I'm super lazy about styling. I want to put my hair in two dookie braids hanging down my back and call it a day. :look: Or do a lazy bun without pulling my edges so tight i look Chinese. :perplexed: It's just easier to do these styles on long hair.

What's your main reason?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

hnntrr

I used to have MBL hair when I was a child, and APL hair when I was in my early teens. As I got older it got shorter due to my inability to keep it nice, dying, cutting, dying....finally I BC'ed in Feb '12 and started over (relaxed). Its been 5 years since I have had long hair...I think I am due for a upgrade :D

kandake

My hair was in a really short hairstyle for years and in general I've never had hair longer than SL so I want to see (1) if I can grow it (2) experience what it feels like to have long hair (3) do those effortless styles the OP mentioned and (4) whip my hair during sex :look:.

APrayer4Hair

My hair was in a really short hairstyle for years and in general I've never had hair longer than SL so I want to see (1) if I can grow it (2) experience what it feels like to have long hair (3) do those effortless styles the OP mentioned and (4) whip my hair during sex :look:.

ALL OF THOS RIGHT HURR!!

APrayer4Hair

Double post

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint

Very good reason! :lol:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I just want a bigger looking bun. You know, the one that makes you wonder how long the hair really is, but youll never know and then have bun envy....

ronie

:yep:

I could have written #1 to 3 myself while thinking #4.

Jewell

Because I like the femininity of long hair (not that short hair isnt or cant be feminine), and long hair looks best on me. I also want hair that falls past my hips so when I braid it, it hits WL. My man having hair to (lightly) pull on is a nice incentive too. I would love for my hair to fully cover the girls and the booty. Be lookin all mermaidish and thangs (in my Sheryl Underwood voice). Lol

ETA: The longest my hair has ever been in the past is WL, and fortunately, I have surpassed WL. I want to see just how long it can grow. There is a spiritual element for me as well (Enyo noted this too), as hair is a woman's crowning glory...if she has LONG hair it is a glory to her, for she is given it as a covering (paraphrased I Corinthians 11:15, emphasis added). Therefore, I intend to grow my hair longer indefinitely, and keep it that way (no cutting).

Last edited:

ghanagirl23

So I dont have to always wear weave lol I want to be able to put my hair in those lazy buns so that I dont have to pull it back so tight for it to look long lmaooo oh highschool days

When I was younger my hair was at its longest when it was relaxed I use to whip that thing back and forth my friends were jealous lmaoooo my friend told me in grade 6 "your hair is going to break" a year later it broke :( due to trying to take care of my hair by myself

I am 19 now so I'm on a relaxed hair care journey :)

JosieLynn

i have a million and one reasons for long hair.
first I've just always wanted long hair, idk if it was due to my mom's obsession that just became mine or what.

I don't have anyone in my family that has really long hair, at least not out. I have 2 aunts who have locs that are really long and beautiful but i can't think of a single person in my family that has really long hair and I would love to grow it out to be that person.

I also just want to see how disciplined i can be. This is the first time i have actively tried to grow my hair to its longest potential and i feel fairly confident that i can. I have a regimen that is pretty straight forward and right now it's mostly just a waiting game until i reach the goal of WL i have set for myself.

I also want to be an example to my little sisters, they're both teenagers now and they aren't exactly 100% appreciative of their natural beauty, it's a part of that whole awkward teenage time but I think by growing my hair and showing them as well how to better care for their hair I can be a positive influence on their self-image

I want to play in my hair! I love doing different styles and stuff, I've always played in other people's hair that was longer than mine, but I want to be able to finally do all the styles on my own head

who doesn't want someone to have hair envy of them? lol

Shadiyah

I know I had long hair when I was little but just don't know how long because of the shrinkage. I am at the length that I remember my hair ever being now and I have always wanted to grow it as long as I can because I love long hair. Now that I have my curls just as I like them I want to see my curls hang over my boobies and with my shrinkage now my curls still only hang at my neck and I am BSL

lacreolegurl

I think I look sexy and younger with long hair. I like the low maintenance of it...and when it's long and lush, it doesn't matter if a hair is out of place, it still looks amazing.

Saga

The Generous Queen
Everybody knows how high maintenance short hair is, whether relaxed or natural. You put in a style and it looks nice...for a day! I have to agree with OP and say I want lazy hair, so I can just bun it up but have my bun look big but when I do wear it out, the length is glamorous. I always saw long thick hair as bodacious and I still feel that way

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
One day I just got real mad when I noticed for the umpteenth time that my hair ends were raggedy from a sew in or a month or two after a sew in. I was done! Told myself I'm going to get my hair healthy once & for all. To my surprise, length came w/ the health. ;)

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I think I look sexy and younger with long hair. I like the low maintenance of it...and when it's long and lush, it doesn't matter if a hair is out of place, it still looks amazing.

Long hair is low maintenance? I have not had the pleasure of experiencing this low maintenance that you speak of. LOL!!!