Why does God allow the Devil to temp us?

Kinkyhairlady

I've been thinking about this lately and I'm not sure how to comprehend. Like everything we as Christians do we should put God first but I always feel like the Devil always tries to mess things up and at times it causes confusion. Right now I'm going through something in a relationship that I'm not totally content with. Too much disagreements and lack of trust but at the same time I'm like what does God want from me. I've been praying for a mate for years why can't he send that mate, why do I meet the wrong ones. This current person I care about and I'm constantly giving him chances thinking maybe God will develop him but not yet. I cry so much to God due to loneliness so I know if I walk away from this person I will continue to cry. I just don't know what to do. This person is Christian but at times the things he says and does are not Christ like and when I complain he says I act like I'm holier than everyone. That he doubts I even like him and that hurts. I'm not perfect but I try to live a clean life cause I don't want God mad at me. It's caused me to come off as judge mental but I'm just trying to help others walk better with Christ. I've been reading the bible and hoping it gives some clarity. I'm just afraid to make any decisions now in fear I'll be all alone. Yes I have God but I yearn for companionship. I'm getting older I just feel miserable.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
He's not the one. Just let God remove this counterfeit so that the real one can move into your life.

This doesn't make you a failure neither does this mean that God is testing you nor has he failed you. It's a lesson on the choices we make in life and to recognize what is and what isn't God's best for us.

Be encouraged. God hasn't failed you and He never will. :love2:

Kinkyhairlady

He's not the one. Just let God remove this counterfeit so that the real one can move into your life. This doesn't make you a failure neither does this mean that God is testing you nor has he failed you. It's a lesson on the choices we make in life and to recognize what is and what isn't God's best for us. Be encouraged. God hasn't failed you and He never will. :love2:

Thank you Shimmie! I pray everyday for God to remove if he's not the one and he has the same prayer of me. It's like we both are so uncertain about one another but we think maybe God sent us to one another so we can't walk away in fear if regretting. Gods really gonna have to speak to the both of us. I've been waiting for years for the right one. It's frustrating all others come along except the right one.

Divine.

Thank you Shimmie! I pray everyday for God to remove if he's not the one and he has the same prayer of me. It's like we both are so uncertain about one another but we think maybe God sent us to one another so we can't walk away in fear if regretting. Gods really gonna have to speak to the both of us. I've been waiting for years for the right one. It's frustrating all others come along except the right one.

I prayed this same prayer about someone, and you know what? That person was never removed from my life. I would cut it off and he would come running back. I took this as a sign from God, but in reality, I was just looking for any reason not to let go. I wanted all my prayers, tears, and frustration to be worth it. I knew deep down in my heart that he wasn't the one. Long story short, things finally ended between us and it hurt. I questioned God momentarily, but he had been giving me warning signs along.

Do not ignore the warning signs. Your feelings are not a good indicator of whether or not a person is right for you. Your feelings change with the weather. The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? You can be unequally yoked with someone who says they're a Christian. I know you don't want to let go, but would you rather be hurt long term in a relationship that you know isn't right or hurt momentarily because of the end of a relationship? Is companionship worth this confusion and up and down emotions?

Cast your cares onto God. He will give you the strength to move forward. I never thought I would have so much peace and joy without this man in my life. I was literally broken, but God rebuilt me and renewed my faith in Him. And it didn't take months either! It took days. If you're struggling with loneliness, mediate on scriptures that touch on this area. God will speak to you in these moments.

and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. Colossians 2:10

You are full in Christ. You do not need this man or any other man to make you feel complete. Christ makes you complete. Do not allow the enemy to plant seeds in your heart. God loves you and he will withhold no good thing from his children. BUT he will temporarily lock doors if he knows that you'll make his gifts an idol.

If a man is for you, you won't need to go through prayer vigils, fasts, or sacrificial ceremonies to make it "work." Let. It. Go. :yep: You can always PM me if you ever need encouragement.

JaneBond007

I think you should probably cultivate your relationship with G-d more and find happiness as single first. Something a priest recounted about a parishioner, it was time for Fr. to take his vacation and one church member went through some tough times and was seeking help from the priest. He had to endure this time without guidance from Fr. and only guidance with G-d. He figured it all out. When the priest got back, he sought him out to tell him about his revelation. In it, he told Fr. that if he had been available, he wouldn't have sought a closer relationship with the L-rd and that ultimately, he was glad to have been alone with G-d during that time. He grew stronger. Please take time for you and G-d.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
divine and JaneBond007, your posts are beautiful and from the heart of God. Thank you for being such beautiful blessings and sharing God's Truth. :love2: