Why does Nick Arojo always do that...

SleekandBouncy

cut the women's hair short. I realize that they want the most drastic change, but the frequency with which he cuts the same style, it's not longer surprising.
He cut one ladies hair because he said she needed something "sassy" so he cut her gorgeous hair into a boring, short style :perplexed
Another woman wanted a more feminine style, so he cut a 2" curly fro (she's white)!
I happen to love short hair, but not only does he always cut short, but it's often the same boring style. Is he obsessed with short hair, does he prefer "people" that have short hair? I'm just wondering. I've seen him give great cuts, so I know he can do it. I wonder if he ever get tired of the recipients saying "oh...it's...it's...nice....", he has such a peeved expression when they aren't visibly impressed.
If he's going to do short, why not some sexy, funky Rihanna-esque style, a Halle Berry cut, a sexy bob? Ironically all the women on the show (host included) have long hair :lol:

Rant over

Last edited:

mello1

I'm a newbie to the boards...but I was thinking the same thing after this last episode. There are nice styles he can do that are longer than chin length. He can also be of service to more women if showed how to maintain healthy long hair styles. :yep:

SleekandBouncy

I'm a newbie to the boards...but I was thinking the same thing after this last episode. There are nice styles he can do that are longer than chin length. He can also be of service to more women if showed how to maintain healthy long hair styles. :yep:

I agree. It would be so cool if he did short, mid and long styles, the show would probably get increased ratings.
The last makeover I saw (today) was a woman who's style was very plain. They finally got her to loosen up and he give her a plain hair cut and cut off 6-8" of her hair to chin length :nono:

BTW, WELCOME TO THE LHCF! :yawn:

lboogie2679

Nick used to do more flattering and daring styles in the beginning, but it seems that he is stuck in a hair rut!

macherieamour

Ugh I know- did you see the bob he cut on the punk rock interior designer:nono: with the blue on the side. I was like UGHHHH:wallbash: He does do really nice curly styles tho and most of the time the women do need a haircut but sometimes he goes wayyy too far

SleekandBouncy

Ugh I know- did you see the bob he cut on the punk rock interior designer:nono: with the blue on the side. I was like UGHHHH:wallbash: He does do really nice curly styles tho and most of the time the women do need a haircut but sometimes he goes wayyy too far

I saw that! :sad:
What makes it worse is that he seems to have such a strong investment in the exact length of their hair. I remember the lady who asked him not to cut her hair too short because her husband loves her hair (it was almost to her backside). I swear I saw Nick's eyeball twitch and a vain start pulsating.
He cut it off then saved it so that her husband could have it :blush:

hOnii

I swear I saw Nick's eyeball twitch and a vain start pulsating.

:lachen:

yeah, nick pretty much does whatever the hell he wants with people's hair. he almost always cuts off much more hair than they wanted, unless they seriously throw a fit and refuse to let him continue. he needs to start listening to the client's requests instead of doing what he thinks will look good...cause I know I'd be thorough if he cut off all my hair after I told him that I was trying to grow it out! (he's done it before)

STLCoverGirl

From what I have seen he is completely overrated! I would never let him come near my hair...ever. Not even for a 5,000 shopping spree...I'll stick to TJ MAXX, lol. Luckily for most people, Carmandy always makes them look better with her makeup looks, I think she does great work.

silverlotus

:lachen:

yeah, nick pretty much does whatever the hell he wants with people's hair. he almost always cuts off much more hair than they wanted, unless they seriously throw a fit and refuse to let him continue. he needs to start listening to the client's requests instead of doing what he thinks will look good...cause I know I'd be thorough if he cut off all my hair after I told him that I was trying to grow it out! (he's done it before)

yep, nick is the classic SHS. i saw an ep last week where he was arguing with the woman about cutting her hair. he was going on about how basically he was the stylist and he should be in control of how much to cut. granted, this particular woman's hair was damaged, but that seems to be his attitude in general. he may think he knows best, but at the end of the day, it's the woman who has to look at herself in the mirror & walk around with the style everyday...not nick.

if i had grown my hair to wsl and he insisted on cutting me up to bsl or higher, i'd be crying too. especially if the style didn't look any better on me than before he cut it. nick sure wouldn't be getting a hug from me either. :nono:

OneInAMillion

From what I have seen he is completely overrated! I would never let him come near my hair...ever. Not even for a 5,000 shopping spree...I'll stick to TJ MAXX, lol. Luckily for most people, Carmandy always makes them look better with her makeup looks, I think she does great work.

ITA! I could never go on the show because I know he'd chop all my hair off!

cutebajangirl

Im glad to see Im not the only one who is wondering how in the world he got that job. I think he sucks and on top of no listening to the clients he also cuts uneven. Like one side is always thicker than the other. Sometimes the hair looks better before and it is usually the same level of non cuteness that it was before just different.

Glitter

I have mixed feelings on Nick. I think on one hand, the dramatic cut is important - when people have been wearing their hair the same way for 10 years or have never cut their hair, you need to change. Otherwise, that person is just going to slide right back into their old habits.

What irks me is that he very much has the same cookie cutter hair cut he applies to everyone. He doesn't spend nearly enough time analyzing the hair and the shape of the person's face. He is a poor man's Edward Tricomi.

queen92

Does anyone know if that HAVE to get the cut. Also, has anyone seen an episode which someone says no and means it? BTW I agree with everyone else, he loves those shears.

silverlotus

Does anyone know if that HAVE to get the cut. Also, has anyone seen an episode which someone says no and means it? BTW I agree with everyone else, he loves those shears.

i guess they don't have to, but it seems like he pressures them a lot.

you know what's even worse tho? i read on another board that the day before nick does their hair, he sits down & talks to them beforehand about what they want. 2 women who were on the show (including the interior design girl) posted and said he went ahead & did whatever he felt like anyway. :wallbash: