Why is it that black men look weird with longer straight hair but black women don't?

MissMasala5

Andre doesnt look bad or weird...

I find that bone straight long hair on any man is a bit striking and disconcerting...

Good point.

Long, thick wavy hair on men is sexy. I remember Walter Schupfer, male model from the nineties and his gorgeous long wavy tresses. He cut his hair and lost much appeal. Around the same time, Fabio was big. His long straight hair just wasn't as attractive, IMO, but it helped balance out his insane jawline.

Nick Ashford wore his gorgeous, long wavy hair well back in the day. I saw some pics of him now much older, with straightened hair, and it just looks wrong.

Akemi

Re: Why is it that black men look weird with longer straight hair but black women don

I think that part of the reason long, straight hair doesn't look right on black men but looks right on, say, a white man is because the black men I see usually have it in a style that women wear. They're hair tends to be parted, curled, or accessorized like a woman's. Look at those pics of Real and Chance, Omarion, etc. Women wear those styles. And the pic of Andre 3000. How many women do we know with that exact hairstyle?

And, of course, that isn't their natural texture.

The white men I see with long hair usually have it pulled back in a simple ponytail, or just out in it's regular state -- no primping and curling.

natura87

Re: Why is it that black men look weird with longer straight hair but black women don

Cause they look CRAZZYYYY!!! If a black man has long and straight hair 9 times out of 10they look like pimps or women. The only long hair on guys that looks good are braids (sometimes) but most def locs.

See PIMPS and WOMEN!!!

lol

OMG!!!!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

sj73

I hate straight hair on men. I do believe it looks worse when they have facial hair with straight hair. Just wrong! :nono: I agree that Michael Jackson is the ONLY man that actually looked good with long hair to me.

Harina

The white men I see with long hair usually have it pulled back in a simple ponytail, or just out in it's regular state -- no primping and curling.

Because white women don't be wearing simple ponytails or letting it simply hang all day long

Andre doesnt look bad or weird...

I find that bone straight long hair on any man is a bit striking and disconcerting...

You're right he does look good.