why is it that professionals say we can't speed up growth - BUT WE'RE DOING JUST THAT

kurlybella

anyone want to take a gander at this?

most all professionals will say that you cannot speed up natural hair growth even with aids, yet, many of us have have enormous spurts with growth aids.

what gives?

are we tricking our hair follicles into growth (more growth than they normally produce)?

JustKiya

Re: why is it that professionals say we can't speed up growth - BUT WE'RE DOING JUST

most all professionals will say that you cannot speed up natural hair growth even with aids, yet, many of us have have enormous spurts with growth aids.

what gives?

are we tricking our hair follicles into growth (more growth than they normally produce)?

Professionals don't know it all. :lachen:

CurliDiva

Re: why is it that professionals say we can't speed up growth - BUT WE'RE DOING JUST

I think most professionals will only cite the "clinical-teseted' results which I guessing was tested on people who were balding or had medical-related hair loss.

Also, no doctor wants to get "sued" in case a growth aid doesn't work or has a side effect for a patient.

Simply_Kelz

^^ ITA with the above posters.

Also, your growth might not be at its top rate to the diet, health and a growth aid might make it reach its full potential. Just a thought ..

AtlantaJJ

You post good questions :yep:

BillsBackerz67

what gives?

IMO on this site with the growth aid progress pics I have seen, very few pics actually looked like they had a huge spurt or that their hair grew in record speed, for the most part it looked like normal growth to me. But who am I to say whats normal and what isnt.

BillsBackerz67

^^ ITA with the above posters.

Also, your growth might not be at its top rate to the diet, health and a growth aid might make it reach its full potential. Just a thought ..
:yep::yep::yep: this sounds more like it.

LadyPaniolo

I think that the "professionals" are only regurgitating what they were told in cosmetology school or wherever. They haven't personally tested or extensively studied all the growth aids out there, so they cannot be certain that nothing works to speed hair growth.

It just seems logical to me that if your diet is deficient in protein, then hair growth would suffer. Remedying this deficiency by drinking protein shakes (for example) would make enough protein available to get your hair growth up to its' natural level. The same applies with biotin.

Besides, if there are pills that can make a nutcase sane, keep you from getting pregnant when you have sex, make you stop having seizures, etc, surely there is something that can accelerate hair growth?

msa

Also, your growth might not be at its top rate to the diet, health and a growth aid might make it reach its full potential.

It just seems logical to me that if your diet is deficient in protein, then hair growth would suffer. Remedying this deficiency by drinking protein shakes (for example) would make enough protein available to get your hair growth up to its' natural level. The same applies with biotin.

I agree with you ladies. If your health/diet are the best they can be, then your growth rate will probably be as well. IMO A growth aid won't do much for you at that point. But, if you're lacking in some areas (health, vitamins, etc.) then the growth aid is just making up for where you lack. So, you're not really speeding up your growth, just taking it to its optimal level.

IMO on this site with the growth aid progress pics I have seen, very few pics actually looked like they had a huge spurt or that their hair grew in record speed, for the most part it looked like normal growth to me. But who am I to say whats normal and what isnt.

I totally agree with this. I have yet to see progress pics from growth aids that look anything but normal growth to me. Or couldn't be attributed to just generally taking better care of the hair.

Lucky's Mom

I don't use any growth aids... Just vitamins... But - I think the "pros" Don't have a clue...................

:perplexed

RedVelvet310

What if these 'growth aids' we're using are not speeding up our hair growth per say... BUT allowing our hair to grow at the rate it was MEANT to grow. What if black hair is actually MEANT to grow really fast??

C

cieramichele

What if these 'growth aids' we're using are not speeding up our hair growth per say... BUT allowing our hair to grow at the rate it was MEANT to grow. What if black hair is actually MEANT to grow really fast??

That's it.

cmesweet

:look:I need to see this growth ya'll talking about because I ain't seeing it.:ohwell:

LongHairDreams

You post good questions :yep:

^^Co signing. She does post good questions.

^^Ahhhh, never thought of this. Good thinking :yep:

My mothers aunt is a "professional" from the old school. She says that we can't grow hair or grow our hair back. Like someone mentioned, maybe its the training they recieved.

lilsparkle825

Besides, if there are pills that can make a nutcase sane, keep you from getting pregnant when you have sex, make you stop having seizures, etc, surely there is something that can accelerate hair growth?
OKAY?! lol
ITA.

i think these "pros" are talking about the average person, ie the average fast food eating folks who drink everything but water, would never take a pill that wasnt prescribed to them, and gag at the sight of a treadmill. i am sure for those of us who take supplements to get the maximum amounts of nutrients (and as a result are in better overall health) on top of using moisture moisture moisture and protective styles, our growth is that much faster.

silvergirl

i have yet to see anyone thats got a unnatural growth rate from vitamins or whatever pills, that is above and beyond the avg 6- 7 inches per year............

untill then.....................

silvergirl

..the same reason we dont have a pill to cure sickle cell. or cancer, or raise the dead.......

LunadeMiel

i have yet to see anyone thats got a unnatural growth rate from vitamins or whatever pills, that is above and beyond the avg 6- 7 inches per year............

untill then.....................

:yep:. I have yet to see any major growth from any growth aids...:look: Until then, I'll let nature do what it do....:grin:

JustKiya

I always assumed this was the case - that we all have an 'optimal' growth rate, and that most of us, for whatever reason, aren't at that rate, and the growth aids nudge us closer to it.

Personally, I know how fast my hair normally grows, and I can tell that it's growing faster than my 'normal', now.
I'll be lucky (and thrilled) to get 8 inches this year, but considering I only got 8 inches over the last two years, that would be FABULOUS.

kbfluff

I think the "professionals" are correct...you can't speed up growth...HOWEVER if you aren't at your optimium level of growth any increase in growth that you do see based on growth aids or supplements or what have you, may appear to be increased growth, but is actually just you finally reaching or getting close to YOUR OWN personal growth rate.

As for me, I am getting there... So far I am at a solid 1/2 inch per month and this is due to supplements, exercise, hair care to retain my ends and increased water intake. I have recently noticed that my NG grew out even more than before from my last touch up... so perhaps my body is responding to my consistency with my vitamins, exercise, water, proper hair care routine by sprouting more hair. I think my body was like, "ohh, ur deciding to take care of me now... okay, ur exercising now and taking supplements...guess i will make some more hair for you since you may need it from all that exercising and movement you are doing"... (hair is there to protect our heads and keep us warm)
I know it sounds crazy...but makes sense to me.

freshlikemoi

This post is sooo funny because I hear this alll the time