WIG CHALLENGE 2009

Aggie

I have 2-3 weeks of braid extensions to go and then I will be wearing my wigs for about a week or so then reinstalling my braids.

naturalmanenyc

diamond42377

Just updating, I have been wearing my half-wigs out! :grin: I am just doing 2 big braids under them and my bang is out. I have been slicking it back with or without a part and tucking everything under. The headbands are working out really great. Since i went natural, it seems like my hair is starting to shrink (I forgot about shrinkage). I'm loving the new waves though.

Here is a pic of my most recent one:

Aggie

I iuinstalled my braids one week sooner than expected because my hair had grown out so much. I think for the next week or 2, I will be wearing wigs while I give my hair some much needed deep conditioning and protein treatments.

Aggie

I am wearing Aisha by Outre. It blends pretty well when I plait my bangs. with a few dabs of sabino moisture block. I plan to buy 1B next time though since the 2 is a little light for me now.
http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/using-half-wigs-for/

I tried blending it with flat ironed hair but the curly hair & sabino works much better.
http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/using-a-half-wig/aisha-by-outre/
It's intereesting that you plait your bang. I usually put in the curling rods and I don't combed my hair when I take them out. I simply separate the hair and pull it over my curly instant weaves. It comes out very very nice and stays in for an entire week:yep: if I don't wash it out.

jaded_faerie

Since I took my braids out in April...I've been wigging it. I will wig it for the next 2-3weeks and then wear braids for two months, then back to the wigs.

ellehair

If it's not too late I'd like to be in as well. I've been wigging it with the same style since 2007 off and on. Currently transitioning so I had to restock. My lace front stripped my edges bald so I'm sticking with the snatch ons/snatch offs.

**ATLiens- SO GOOD 1073 Mount Zion Rd Morrow,GA 30260 (770) 968-4989 /having a Black History Month sale on their wigs. The synthetics I know were 50% off. I've been stuck on the same style (below) which cost $36.99, it's synthetic. With this sale I got 2 for the price of one.
I purchased a #4 & #2. below pics = #4

VANESSA FASHION HAIR FULL WIG

BY FIFTH AVE COLLECTIONS

"ELANA

The headbands are to die for!! are you making these or buying them from someplace.. This wig looks beautiful on you..:yep::yep:

lux10023

vanessa 5th ave makes great wigs---i got a short one
and im rocking some falls right now--but my hair underneath is so thick--even when braided that i dont now how much longer i can rock a wig or a fall--cuz the wig will look like its placed on top of my head versus nicely fit ;0/

but i do luv the fact that i can rock a very short and sessy wig --the response has been insane--everyone luvs it..so do i...

Aggie

I was sportin my short pixie dena cali flip wig today right over my deep condition saturated hair and plastic cap:grin:.

CurliDiva

I've been wearing a curly waist length wig that I love after I thinned it out!

Now I can't remember the brand or name of the wig :wallbash::wallbash: I usually keep the tag but throw it away the last time.

I went back to the BSS, but the sales lady was not help because I always play with my wigs so they look less "wiggy" she thoguth it was a lacefront.

bronzehair

i know half the year has gone already but can i be added to this challenge? i've been in weaves and half wigs since december .

KinkyRed

I love half -wigs. I change my look often with them. Also they are great to wear while taking care of your "real" hair.

mistee11

Hi ladies - I haven't posted in a long time. I've been so busy lately. Don't know if anyone remembers but I've been temping for the last 6 months for an insurance company and I just got hired permanent full time on 6/29/09. Amen, Thank You Jesus! Finally got some benefits!! Now I'm praying for all of my hair to grow back too! :grin: I'm still wearing wigs and have been doing so off and since last June (last perm 6/17/08).

Still suffering with alopecia areata (the spotty one). I just purchased the entire Strength of Nature product line to see if I have any success. I know this is going to be a long journey but I'm up for the challenge! :yep:

aa9746

i know half the year has gone already but can i be added to this challenge? i've been in weaves and half wigs since december .
Welcome:yep:

Hi ladies - I haven't posted in a long time. I've been so busy lately. Don't know if anyone remembers but I've been temping for the last 6 months for an insurance company and I just got hired permanent full time on 6/29/09. Amen, Thank You Jesus! Finally got some benefits!! Now I'm praying for all of my hair to grow back too! :grin: I'm still wearing wigs and have been doing so off and since last June (last perm 6/17/08).

Still suffering with alopecia areata (the spotty one). I just purchased the entire Strength of Nature product line to see if I have any success. I know this is going to be a long journey but I'm up for the challenge! :yep:

Congrats:grin:

MJ

I took an unexpected four-week break from this challenge. I had my natural hair styled in cornrows and twists in Jamaica, and I wore the style for four weeks.

The responses were amazing, especially when I returned to the U.S. I play netball, and my teammates had never seen my natural hair. Some of them didn't recognize me. They loved it and told me not to wear wigs again. I did receive some ribbing when I started to wear wigs again.

If the front of my hair was long enough to make a neat bun, I probably would have stopped wearing wigs. I didn't wash my hair the entire time – to avoid shrinkage. I've since returned to wearing cornrows under a wig and cowashing daily.

I will continue to wear wigs until my front of my hair grows long enough to make a neat bun or until I reach BSL, whichever comes first :).

kandake

Hi ladies,

I went wig shopping yesterday and I have two wigs that I don't want. They were both $19.95 +tax. I want to sell them for $15 and this includes shipping.

1. Outre Ayanna - Color 2
http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/ouquweay.html

I accidentally got a 2 instead of a 1b. I tried to make it work but can't. I did some finger combing, so it isn't fresh. The wig looks way better than the picture. I'll post an actual picture of the wig when I get home.

2. Sensationnel Wig HZ-7007 - Color 1B
http://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Vie...rtName=product_sort&sortValue=desc&type=title

Its too long for me. I thought about cutting it but I want to see if I can sell it before I do so. I'll post more pics of this one too if necessary.

PM me if interested.

Last edited:

tking21

I just made a quick weave wig using some tutorials off of youtube. I pretty much like it, but it kind of looks off to me. I don't know if it's because I haven't straightened in about a year and a half now or if it just looks to wiggy. Can you guys give me an honest opinion and some suggestions. The first two pictures are with flash, the last is natural light.

Attachments

• DSCN4237.jpg
    DSCN4237.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN4251.jpg
    DSCN4251.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN4252.jpg
    DSCN4252.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 58

TCatt86

I just made a quick weave wig using some tutorials off of youtube. I pretty much like it, but it kind of looks off to me. I don't know if it's because I haven't straightened in about a year and a half now or if it just looks to wiggy. Can you guys give me an honest opinion and some suggestions. The first two pictures are with flash, the last is natural light.

It looks wiggy, but it's cute!!! In essence a quick weave is a wig.

CurliDiva

Great job tking21! :yawn:

My wig tend to look less "wiggy" after a few weeks becuse of day-to-day wear and tear.

Aggie

Checking in:

I am still wearing my short Bobbi Boss wig for a while. I want to wear a slilghtly longer one but it is so hot here in the Bahamas right now so I guess I'll wait some more before I do.

locabouthair

Do human hair wigs hold up better than synthetic hair wigs?

I've been wearing ym synthetic one for a month and a half anf its starting to get worn. I just bought another synthetic and I'm thinking about buying a human hair one.

CurliDiva

Do human hair wigs hold up better than synthetic hair wigs?

I've been wearing ym synthetic one for a month and a half anf its starting to get worn. I just bought another synthetic and I'm thinking about buying a human hair one.

I really can't tell the difference - I treat both types the same and get just as much wear out of my synthetics as my hh wigs.

Ladies - I swear a Fabric Softner soak will revive any wig!

Last edited:

darlingdiva

I really can't tell the difference - I treat types the same in get just as much wear out of my synthetics as my hh wigs.

Ladies - I swear a Fabric Softner soak will revive any wig![/quote]

You keep talking about this so much that I absolutely have to try it.

SelfStyled

Just checking in....still wearing wigs. I had to change up my regimen though, because I don't think my ends liked being dried in a bun. Back to rollersetting 2x/wk. My hair seems to like the new regimen.

Here are some pics of the wig I have been wearing lately...