WIG CHALLENGE 2009

Bachelorette

Yeah, i personally purchase all my wigs online. The local BSS are usually overpriced and have a minmum choice of selection of wigs that I like.

Thanks for the sites. You are so right about the overpricing. I recently bought Freetress Elena (synthetic lacefront) which normally I w0ouldnt buy but the BSS dude, did it on my head for me and i really liked how it looked so i ended up buying it at a "discount" of 49.99, when I was looking for halfwigs, i saw that same Elena for $27.99 on clairhair.
VERY annoying to say the the least esp since you cnat retrun wigs to BSS, only reason i still buy from them every now and then is cos I wanna be able to try them on and make sure I like them before I buy them :perplexed

Lovestyr

Yes, I understand the local BSS can be convient sometimes. I personally when I purchase my wigs post videos on youtube so others can get idea of what they look like. I am currently waiting on two shipments one from blackhairspray.com and one from clairhair.com.

I ordered the lace front Scarlett and im on the fence to order JOJO which is also a lacefront. I will post pics when I receive them.:yep:

ImFree27

I never official joined this challenge, but I've been wearing wigs since the summer and have seen a huge difference in my hair.....way less shedding..less tangles..and I have retained a lot of length..all I do is wash and dc once a week and put my hair in like 5 or 6 braids and add a leave in conditoner, moisturizer and seal with oil..and everyother day..I spritz it with water, conditoner, and oil....I may do the wig challenge all next year..to get to wsl....not sure yet though...but i'm loving keeping my hair protected, while looking cute with my different wigs..

ImFree27

It looks nice! Do you make your wigs because it's cheaper than buying one??

I forgot to mention..I also do the quick weaves..puting it on a weave cap...I like this way better...because it is cheaper..and I can buy human hair....most wigs..i have to get synethic hair...because the human hair wigs are too expensive.. and all I have to keep buying is weave caps and use the same hair....

aa9746

I plan on buying a new wig probably a lace front this weekend, my lace front I'm wearing now is starting to look worn.

DivaD04

i know i'm not famous. but i would appreciate if anyone...anyone could just pretty pretty please answer my ?
i would like to know if the supertape is waterproof. please don't make me roll on the foor and beg. PLEEEEEASE! thank you ladies.

aa9746

i know i'm not famous. but i would appreciate if anyone...anyone could just pretty pretty please answer my ?
i would like to know if the supertape is waterproof. please don't make me roll on the foor and beg. PLEEEEEASE! thank you ladies.

Bumping for you, I don't know how to use tape or glue.

Aggie

Checking in - Update: I haven't checked in here in a looooong while because I have been wearing my extension braids. I will be due to take them down next week but I am so tempted to take them down right now, but I won't:lol:.

When I take them down next week, I will probably be wearing a whole wig and I'll decide and update again then, what I will be wearing for sure.

metro_qt

I purchased half wig Renee by Outre and it's too big & wild. I'm scared to cut it :( How do you tame a curly synthetic wig?

You can cut layers into it,
or use product once you've brushed it to your liking.
There are lots of synthetic cutting videos out there to help you, I just cut mine yesterday... layers...

and Muffinismylover has many great videos showing how she tames her wigs...
She has like a new wig every week it seems..

Aggie

I'll be wigging it today in something short and cute I think. Gatta go check out my wig stash.

Belle Du Jour

You can cut layers into it,
or use product once you've brushed it to your liking.
There are lots of synthetic cutting videos out there to help you, I just cut mine yesterday... layers...

and Muffinismylover has many great videos showing how she tames her wigs...
She has like a new wig every week it seems..

Girl, what are you wearing in your siggy. Your hair looks hot!

ellehair

I had to cut my london girl by freetress wig, it was wayyyyy too long for anything, lol

It actually looks nice now that its shorter.. I will definately buy it again.. The layer idea is good, maybe I will try that in a few weeks after i've worn the he!! out of it, lol

MochaEyeCandy

After months of searching, I have finally found my new wig. And "La Jay" is her name :love: I bought it in 1b. I don't know where my camera is, so I can't post a pic. Can't find it anywhere online (it's like the bigfoot of wigs :lachen:) other than in Dezi's yt review.

mz. new~new

MJ

Update:

The company that makes the wig that like went out of business :(. I haven't found any other style/brands that I like. I'm thinking of weaving it up until I reach BSL.

On the other hand, I think I've finally reached full APL :yay:. I plan to take pictures by this weekend.

ellehair

mZ new new that is hot

I got my 1st lace front yesterday and I am completely hooked.. I actually bought two because the beauty supply store was having a special of 20% off all wigs.

Im wearing it today and got tons of compliments already at work.. Im hooked, this is the way to go.. its looks so real, lol