WIG CHALLENGE 2010

MrsHouston

I too was looking for something more natural, that I could wear my natural hair out in the front. My front/left out hair is braided in two and pinned back. This is a keeper for me:

The Vanessa Half Wig

Attachments

• Copy of Wavy Natural Look2.jpg
    Copy of Wavy Natural Look2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Copy of Wavy Natural Look.jpg
    Copy of Wavy Natural Look.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 32

CurliDiva

I bought Kelly for my miami vacation and it is HUGE!

The hair is soft and beautiful, but I look like Donna Summer circa 1975...but I love her!

I started thinning out last night, but stopped.

I’ll try again tonight. One great thing is that it is so full and waist length - it hides all of my back fat. :spinning:

manter26

Has anyone ever done micros (or any sort of braids with extensions) in front plus a half wig. I saw some videos while browsing YouTube and I just wanted some reviews on this as a PS. Some of the ladies on YT call everything protective styling but when you see their hair it's about 3 inches long and "7 months post + relaxed ends" ...I don't really trust their technique or opinion so any input is appreciated.

BellaLunie

Has anyone ever done micros (or any sort of braids with extensions) in front plus a half wig. I saw some videos while browsing YouTube and I just wanted some reviews on this as a PS. Some of the ladies on YT call everything protective styling but when you see their hair it's about 3 inches long and "7 months post + relaxed ends" ...I don't really trust their technique or opinion so any input is appreciated.

Look in my album on here. That's one of my fave protective styles. I do a handful of microws in the front and the rest is sewn in or a half wig.

I'm checking in for the challenge, still wigging it btw I'm currently rocking Outre Yasmine and it's cute and all but it tangles so easily. I've only been wearing it a week and it looks a HAM!. I just placed an order for 6 new lacefronts at blackhairspray. I dont care if it's summer. I love my laces :lachen:. I got the Sensationnel Anita(1b), Megan(1b), Solange(1b), Angela(fs 1b/30), Outre Gina(1b), and Janet Collection Tamika(fs1b/30). Anyone have pics of these they want to share? :grin:

Last edited:

Lady S

Took a break, but now going to back to wigging it. I have so much hair & frankly, it's a pain in the butt to style. And I think my hair likes getting tangled with my twists outs (obviously, has nothing to do with my technique *cough, cough*)

soldierforhair

Why did I stop wigging it and put in these cornrows?

Well I went and got some cornrows ony because I thought this would be more permanent at least for 6 weeks. Well, well, well these cornrows will be happy if they stay in for 3-4 weeks. The itching and the fuzzing. I asked for a style she gave me another. One more reason why I'm going to keep cornrowing with my hair under my wig that I love so much.

I was doing so well wearing my cornrows for 3 to 4 weeks at a time. I did do it for 6 months straight but the heat was getting to me. Playing in my hair and putting it right back up.

I'm going right back to my wig.......who knows maybe this week-end. (2 weeks)

Vintageglam

still rocking my wigs as a ps since I bc'd in April of this year. I wore a sort cutie for the months of March, April and some of May. I have since been rocking my home made half wigs for the last 2 months. I just bought some yaki hair that was discounted sealed it and attached to an old half wig which makes blending easier.

I am switching up now bc I do not want to keep flat Ironing the front of my hair to blend so just bought some bo-braz hair which I have sealed and am waiting to cure. I will then make a new half wig with this hair. Cannot decide if I should go for a side part half wig this time or not :scratchch

I think a side part might cover up my very thin edges better but I do not want to put too much pressure on my crown.

aa9746

Hi, I'll be taking a break from my wig and will keep my hair in twists. I'll check back in when I start wearing it again.:yep: I just need to see and wear my own hair for a little bit.

BellaLunie

Sensationnel Angela in 1b/30

ScarletPhoenix

Still wiggin it! This summer heat is killing me though....I was going to go with micros or something but figure that I better stick to what I know. Might think about a 1/2 wig but too scared of what it will do to my hair with the combs and breakage...although I love my Kelly 1/2 wig! Think I am going to lay off of my curlies for a while now and rock some straights...just to give me a change of pace

ScarletPhoenix

I bought Kelly for my miami vacation and it is HUGE!

The hair is soft and beautiful, but I look like Donna Summer circa 1975...but I love her!

I started thinning out last night, but stopped.

I’ll try again tonight. One great thing is that it is so full and waist length - it hides all of my back fat. :spinning:

I love love my Kelly and she blends so beautifully!

Excuse the 4th makeup but I was feeling festive on the 3rd :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

ScarletPhoenix

Sensationnel Angela in 1b/30

I have about 6 half wigs in my blackhairspray cart right now but I am loving this wig! I read that Angela is very thin and you can feel the tracks but yours looks full...what is your opinion, do you think people can see the tracks because I really want this wig

BellaLunie

I have about 6 half wigs in my blackhairspray cart right now but I am loving this wig! I read that Angela is very thin and you can feel the tracks but yours looks full...what is your opinion, do you think people can see the tracks because I really want this wig

I read the same thing but I still ended up buying it. I personally cant feel the tracks. I don't know how to describe her, it's a lightweight wig but its not thin either. It doesnt even tangle much and there's minimal shedding. I can take a pic from the top and backif you want me too

CurliDiva

:hiya:

I haven't checked in a while (.....bad OP.....bad OP) but "Kelli" was a big hit for my Miami vacation! I thinned her out for back home wear and she looks so very natural!

I'm thinking about splitting her down the middle and adding wig clips so that I can have a part.

I'm going to a reggae wine festival this weekend, and she will be prefect!:yep:

BellaLunie

I haven't checked in a while (.....bad OP.....bad OP) but "Kelli" was a big hit for my Miami vacation! I thinned her out for back home wear and she looks so very natural!

I'm thinking about splitting her down the middle and adding wig clips so that I can have a part.

Do you have pics :grin:. Glad you had fun while down here

Jetblackhair

Hi CurliDiva, checking in as well! I'll have to check out the Kelli wig, sounds like she was a hit! Do tell how to cut the wig down the middle while keeping the wig intact.

Aggie

Hello ladies, I know I haven't checked in for a looooong while, but I am currently in extension braids and will be rocking this protective style for a while. So with that said, I will be taking a short break from my wigs.

ellehair

still wigging it, will continue to do so until next year. Ive fallen in love with outre super natural 1st lady and i've been making cap weaves. Its much lighter for the summer months..

Nona Rose

I have been wearing a wig since april and i have my before pictures...can i still be added thanks so much, naturallycurlydee

l_choice2001

hey ladies!!!!! everyone looks wonderful!!!!
im rocking my la jay wig

28131_510134251506_179500344_30327858_783489_n.jpg

looking for more fuller straight styles, im currently looking for a michelle obamaesque lacefront or full wig
TIA Ladies!!!

Nina_S

I saw a finger wave wig someone posted. Can anyone tell me the link?

Soldierforhair,

There are actually a few finger wave wigs out there. I think ColouredBeautiful (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29CXEFKNUnQ&feature=related) started the craze with the Mommy Wig by Janet Collection. I purchased the Finger Roll and have learned that the "original" Mommy wig by Janet Collection was fuller in the back. Since craze, many sites sold out and restocked but the new Janet Collection wigs are more tapered and the prices have gone up. The Finger Roll is more tapered as well.

There other finger wave wigs as well:

Mommy Wig - Janet Collection...http://www.hairstopandshop.com/shop/pc/Human-Hair-Mommy-wig-br-by-Janet-Collection-3p466.htm

Mimi Wig (lacefront) - Janet Collection...http://www.hairstopandshop.com/shop...ace-MIMI-wig-br-by-Janet-Collection-2p926.htm

Finger Roll - It's A Wig...http://apexhairs.com/fingerroll.html

# H3147 - Beverly Johnson...http://store.ebonyline.com/bjhhh317.html

N~

Lady S

Wore my Jamaican Girl Half Wig & got some nice compliments. I've got Monroe Girl & I'm trying to get the ovaries to wear it. It's just so BIG!

In other news, I can't find my new wig cap. *scowls*