WIG CHALLENGE 2010

ellehair

Lacefront pic, Face farrah by Vanessa.. I love her, she's over a month old not and you would never know. Im gonna still wear her until the new year or maybe a few weeks after:yep:

Attachments

• shonbday3.jpg
    shonbday3.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 110
  • shonbday1.jpg
    shonbday1.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 104

CurliDiva

Lacefront pic, Face farrah by Vanessa.. I love her, she's over a month old not and you would never know. Im gonna still wear her until the new year or maybe a few weeks after:yep:

Look good on you!

Hi ljamie4 - how do you take care of the lacefront? Do you use glue or tape?

ellehair

Look good on you!

Hi ljamie4 - how do you take care of the lacefront? Do you use glue or tape?

Thanks CD! no glue or tape, i'm to scared of messing with my hairline:nono: It has a comb in the front and 2 in the back. But I actually dont even use those I just put it on and pin it in 3 areas and go.. Its pretty easy.

BellaLunie

I want my wigs now.....

me too! I ordered Sunday and they gave me an EAD of 1/09/2010! almost 2 weeks later. I wonder why Hairsisters takes so long to deliver

I bought the Outre Tia Lacefront
New Born Free ML55 Lace
New Born Free MLP06 Lace
and New Born Free Freya full cap wig

JJamiah

me too! I ordered Sunday and they gave me an EAD of 1/09/2010! almost 2 weeks later. I wonder why Hairsisters takes so long to deliver

New Born Free ML55 Lace
New Born Free MLP06 Lace

Well I asked them today and they said that processing day is 3 days and then it takes time for delivery, :ohwell:, I don't like that!

LadyPaniolo

does anyone know why Hair Sisters doesn't accept prepaid visas? My cousin is trying to order but it tells her to call the 1800 number which is open tomorrow

Yeah... it took me forever to figure out the prob with those prepaid visas. It was probably given inside of a little card, like a greeting card almost? There's usually instructions printed on that card or on a piece of paper tucked into the card. The instructions tell you what website to go to register the card so you can use it online. They will give you a password and stuff. If you don't do that, it will decline over and over and over...... Giant PITA.

OK, back to the topic at hand :lol: I have a billion wigs that I bought last year but I never really liked how they looked on me. I'm trying to wear them though just to get my money's worth. My hair is getting too long to really wear most other protective styles. I just flat ironed for Christmas... it's waist length. Once DH uploads the digital camera pics I'll post in here.

I went from a TWA to waist length in 3 years thanks to LHCF!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang

New Born Free ML55 Lace
New Born Free MLP06 Lace

I think mines said 1/6.
I only got Freetress Bali Girl and the Mariah LF:lick:

Last edited:

lwilliams1922

I think mines said 1/6.
I only got Freetress Bali Girl and the Mariah LF:lick:

I placed two orders one on 12/21 AND one on 12/26, havent recevied order OR tracking info.

I'm frustrated but I guess it's a lesson learned. Poor customer service, long processing time but prices lower than the BS.

lwilliams1922

I placed two orders one on 12/21 AND one on 12/26, havent recevied order OR tracking info.

I'm frustrated but I guess it's a lesson learned. Poor customer service, long processing time but prices lower than the BS.

My wigs just arrived in the mail. I'm not mad any more. :grin:
Well not too mad, at least I have one of the two orders.

I'm trying to attach a photo of the model inspire 2. I dont have time to cut the lace or tweak yet.

Attachments

• model inspire2.jpg
    model inspire2.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 76

SelfStyled

Pretty much the ONLY reason why I bother w/ HS. Even though they are slow my local BSS charges 2x as much for some of the wigs.

Your wig looks nice on you btw.

CurliDiva

Ladies, I have a couple of questions for you!

How are you choosing your wig styles? Do you think about your day/work style? Do you think about your social/private life appeal? Or want a whole new persona?

For example….

When I first started my journey - although my hair is natural and I ultimately want a big lion mane of coils - in my wig choices I was not ready for that level of boldness yet, so I wore APL straight looks.

I did get to the point where I started wearing curly/coily wigs that would resemble my hair once it got longer, which I think is very important for anyone transitioning and needs to get “used” to natural hair.

This summer I was feeling very grown and sexy and wore - and I wore a waist-length bohemian coils.

I went thru a phase earlier this fall where I wanted SHORT hair (please don't revoke my LHCF membership) so I started wearing chin length roller-set looking style which has been a total man MAGNET!

Now, after watching YouTube all night – I think I narrowed down my new buys. Maybe, I thinking this thru too deeply :spinning: but was just curious about your decision making process….

Are you wig(s) style close to your real hair (in color or texture) or close to your dream hair or just totally a random choice of color, style and texture?

Last edited:

BellaLunie

How are you choosing your wig styles? Do you think about your day/work style? Do you think about your social/private life appeal? Or want a whole new persona?

For example….

When I first started my journey - although my hair is natural and I ultimately want a big lion mane of coils - in my wig choices I was not ready for that level of boldness yet, so I wore APL straight looks.

I did get to the point where I started where curly/coily wigs that would resemble my hair once it got longer, which I think is very important for anyone transitioning and needs to get “used” to natural hair.

This summer I was feeling very grown and sexy and wore - and I wore a waist-length bohemian coils.

I went thru a phase earlier this fall where I wanted SHORT hair (please don't revoke my LHCF membership) so I started wearing chin length roller-set looking style which has been a total man MAGNET!

Now, after watching YouTube all night – I think I narrowed down my new buys. Maybe, I thinking this thru too deeply :spinning: but was just curious about your decision making process….

Are you wig(s) style close to your real hair (in color or texture) or close to your dream hair or just totally a random choice of color, style and texture?

Honestly I usually choose what looks good. I'm kind of like Wendy Williams I love curls, waves, and length. I should have been born a drag queen :lachen:. I don't mess to much w color the most i'll do is streaks I usually do a 1b/30 or 27. I've had 2 other wigs that I cut into an angled bob when the ends started getting ratty

VirGoViXxEn

i ordered one on 12/20 and received it the 29th. The only thing i didnt like was they left it at the front door. I delivered it to my grandma who lives in the Projects!!! If her next door neighbor wouldnt have notice my package on the floor who knows who would've been rocking my wig. I have another one comming on the 8th. Im going to call HS and let them know thats not cool!! smh!

SelfStyled

CD For Monday-Friday I tend to be more conservative with my wigs, they are APL'ish some straight, some wavy, but nothing really big. Weekends is a whole 'nother story, lol.

Lately, I have been thinking about a nice chin length bob, with lots of layers and movement.

LadyPaniolo

As promised, here are pics of my hair's starting point for the 2010 challenge. I'm claiming WL, lol, even though only the longest layer is there. That or MBL, I dunno, the line seems kinda blurry between the two for me.

Anyhoo. This is where I am, 3 years after I did the BC down to a TWA.

And yes, I know I'm fat. :rolleyes: Before anyone feels the need to tell me :rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSCN3599.jpg
    DSCN3599.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 34

username12

I'm in. I wear lace wigs. I have a beautiful coarse yaki custom in light density on order with Ms. Lola. I'll be rocking lace wigs for a long time.

LadyPaniolo

My favorite wig style is a chin length bob! DH is like :huh: But I feel like the longer styles often look fake. When I wear a chin length wig, everyone thinks it's my real hair. I had one by Motown Tress called Beyonce (even though it looked NOTHING like her hair) and my MIL and SIL were like "see! Your real hair is pretty, no need to wear fake hair all the time!" :rofl:

JJamiah

For example….

I did get to the point where I started where curly/coily wigs that would resemble my hair once it got longer, which I think is very important for anyone transitioning and needs to get “used” to natural hair.

Well I have been experiementing with COLOR :)

I got a 3T30 in BaliGirl for Freetress
I got a 4P2925 in IVY for It Tress
I got a 1 for Elise front lace
I also got a 1 for Mohisha Front Lace as well
HZ U002 - updo the color is 1 as well

So I try to keep some of them conservative.

Balligirl had to grow on me in the Color I chose.
IVY, I loved her, we walked out the store together on my HEAD!

Baligurl is the longest. the othes are more or less for style and ease. I love the look.

LadyPaniolo

So many women love Bali Girl. I bought it and I detest how it looks. I refuse to leave the house wearing it, I feel like a fool when I have it on. It just doesn't look good on me. *shrug*