WIG CHALLENGE 2011

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Suppose to be getting my hair cornrow so that I can wear my wig for like 3-4 weeks, by that time I will be 12 wks post and ready to relax.

JJamiah

I am due to come out the braids I am in on Wednesday, I will do a week of bunning and then I am back up in braids and under my Lace Front Elise :)

I am still on a no buy of wigs until November for the Black Friday and Holiday deals :)

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Got my hair braided today, I will keep this up for about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. I will moisturize with African Royale Braid Spray in the AM and HS 14 in 1 at night and using Hot 6 to seal. I am going to love not having to be worried about my hair, while wearing Solange.

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I am still going strong with my African Royale Braid Spray in the AM and HS 14 in 1 at night and using Hot 6 to seal, I did at CHI Mist to the mix to give some strength....

tropical-punch

Ok. So I bought Issy by Zury to do cute buns and stuff, but before I do that, lemme show you how long she is!

Bun

Last edited:

Jewell

I'm still wiggin' it...and love the convenience. I purchased about 4-5 wigs from Oct-Dec. 2010 as a bday gift to myself, and these will carry me through until Nov. this year, when I will be looking for more. Since I only wear wigs Sept. through June, I don't buy any in the summer...I only shop in the Fall. I really love the variety I have. HHG!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Ok. So I bought Izzy by Zury to do cute buns and stuff, but before I do that, lemme show you how long she is!

Bun

Hey this is very cute and sleek looking....Where did you get her, Im looking online but I come up with nothing not evena YT video.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I am thinking about what wig I want to wear for Feb. Hhhhmmmm maybe Dallas Girl and another curly LF.

liljoy

I want in, I just started wearing wigs, this is the one I'm wearing now.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Lady S

Just bought my first long (imho) traditional wig. It's Motown Tress Patchy-6. I hope I don't look crazy. Also bought a short one from Freetress called "Gail." We'll see what happens!

aa9746

@ Curlidiva you mentioned in a different thread about lacefronts with soft lace. What brands do you buy? Do you buy it online? I'm wearing magic lace but the lace doesn't feel soft to me so if there's something softer out there I'd like to try it. tia

Drtondalia

Good Day Ladies!
Could anyone recommend a reliable and fast site to use to purchase synthetic wigs from. Its kinda crunch time for me as I am going away next weekend and I want a Sensational Lauren and a Freetress Gena. I've been hearing all types of bad things about certain sites taking months to deliver. I really just don't want to pay store prices because they are almost double the online prices.

Lady S

Good Day Ladies!
Could anyone recommend a reliable and fast site to use to purchase synthetic wigs from. Its kinda crunch time for me as I am going away next weekend and I want a Sensational Lauren and a Freetress Gena. I've been hearing all types of bad things about certain sites taking months to deliver. I really just don't want to pay store prices because they are almost double the online prices.

ebonyline.com & hairwigharlem.com was pretty fast for me. The problem is with the messed up weather, you may end up w/ delayed shipping.

Drtondalia

I bought two new wigs today. :yay::yay::yay:

Both are LaceFronts.
I got sensationall Lauren in 1 and sensationall Jazmine in a 1B.
I can't wait to get home to try them on!!!

I really wanted Freetress Gena but every store I tried so far didn't have it. I am going on a cruise next week and I didn't want to chance ordering online and not getting it in time. I wasted so much time doing research to make sure I got one I would really enjoy that time got away from me.

(I can be a wee bit controlling sometimes :smirk:)

I have to cut the lace when I get home...I hope I do it right. It looks easy from what I see in all the YouTube videos.

MsEveMarie

Hey Ladies, I have a quick question. Do any of yall box braid your hair underneath? If so are there any tips/tricks in terms of techniques in getting them to lay really flat under the wig....to get the same effect of corn-rowing the hair?

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Is your hair thick?
I would personally just slap a wig cap over them after M&S; then my wig.

Quita3514

Does anyone now where I can purchase a virgin indian lacefront in the 200 dollar price range.. I like how the wigs look on sassy secret but I'm not to sure about their return policy its bothers me when companies don't stand behind their products

www.startinfromsquareone.blogspot.com

Drtondalia

Hi Ladies! :wave:

As promised here are the pics of my very first LF wig LAUREN.

I looked far and wide for a LF that I loved and this is it.

I think I did a great job cutting the lace for my first time. I was nervous a heck. I love the curls in this wig. They are so soft and bouncy.

I had to take the hair at my temples out cause they were farther out than the edge of the wig. The only question I have is what I should do about the edges in front of my ears. The wig dosen't lay flat there. I wound up pulling out the hair there but I can't help but think I may have done something wrong. I only used the combs and the wig in general felt like it fit comfortably. Any suggestions?? Or are some LF just like that? Or is my hairline oddly shaped?? :detective:

Either way I love it!

(Sorry about the glow in the pics. I had on this bright yellow/lime shirt and apparently it wasnt the best thing to take pics in..lol)

Attachments

• PS.jpg
    PS.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 74
  • PS1.jpg
    PS1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 75
  • PS2.jpg
    PS2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 67
  • PS3.jpg
    PS3.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 65

liljoy

Hi Ladies! :wave:

As promised here are the pics of my very first LF wig LAUREN.

I looked far and wide for a LF that I loved and this is it.

I think I did a great job cutting the lace for my first time. I was nervous a heck. I love the curls in this wig. They are so soft and bouncy.

I had to take the hair at my temples out cause they were farther out than the edge of the wig. The only question I have is what I should do about the edges in front of my ears. The wig dosen't lay flat there. I wound up pulling out the hair there but I can't help but think I may have done something wrong. I only used the combs and the wig in general felt like it fit comfortably. Any suggestions?? Or are some LF just like that? Or is my hairline oddly shaped?? :detective:

Either way I love it!

(Sorry about the glow in the pics. I had on this bright yellow/lime shirt and apparently it wasnt the best thing to take pics in..lol)

ReAlly nice you make me wanna buy I LF wig now, lol

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

MISSBOSSY

I definitely want to join this challenge! Right now I'm wearing different home made U part wigs and closures wigs. I apply my growth aids to my scalp every morning and moisturize and seal my braids and leave out twice daily.

Here's a pic of the wig I've been wearing recently.

constance

I'd like to join. I wear a kinky curly lf most days with a scarf as a headband as I do not want to blend or do any work to achieve a natural hairline. Lazy, I know. I was using bobby pins to secure it and just noticed that the pins have broken the hair along the hairline in 2 areas so no more bobby pins for me (breakage happened even though hair was twisted--stress is stress). Sigh. I plan on lifting the color on one of my lfs as soon as I work up the nerve--maybe in the next wk or so (from 1B to a 2).