WIG CHALLENGE 2012

melisandre

You should try tweezing them. The video posted was really helpful. Just go slow it's pretty easy. And I'm hoping to get Drew tomorrow. Just wish I could get it locally

Thanks. I'll give it a shot! I plan on purchasing more lace fronts in the future, so I might as well start perfecting my craft. :lol:

13StepsAhead

Here is Bryelle by what wig I don't use glue I just pin the sucka down. Please don't quote pics:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ETA:deleted pics

Last edited:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Here is First lady by Janet collection, I cut some layers into it:

I got the futura fiber, so I can curl/flatiron her to keep it fresh. I think I'll pick up a couple more, this will be my staple hair for work. I don't wanna make an investment in a full lace HH just yet.

indarican

here is my wig of choice for probably the next 3-4 months, ill probably have to buy another but everyone really thinks it my hair which is what i was going for
this is audi by Motown tress

Attachments

• 12.23 002.jpg
    12.23 002.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 12.23 003.jpg
    12.23 003.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 114

mstokes2008

I put some curl formers in my wig earlier this week and it came out so pretty. Combed them out last night and today I'm wearing pretty waves. I love this wig! It doesn't tangle to bad and it hasn't been shedding. Plan on straightening this weekend so I can trim it and cut some bangs into it. Will try and post pics when I get home

melisandre

how long do you ladies usually rock a wig

Right now I have 6 wigs (plus one that I've just ordered). I've been rotating them and wearing each for about a week at a time. That way I get to change my look often and I figure each wig will last longer.

The longest I've worn one wig is for a few months. I could have worn longer, but I got tired of it.

Sugadoll

Im in the 2012 wig challenge. I have been wearing a wigs for the past few years for cover ups and for quick fixes. Now i want to my hair under the wig to be healthy

hair_rehab

I have been wearing half wigs five days a week since September and it has helped to reduce knots and split ends. I shampoo/DC and blowdry no more than twice a month and then twist. I moisturize and seal every other day with water, aloe vera juice and olive oil or shea butter. I also massage my scalp 3x a week with peppermint & jojoba.

JJamiah

I am in curlydiva, Glad to be back into this challenge. Not like I stopped :lachen:

After a horrible episode recently I had with Matting. I am going back to half wigs for a year :yep:

So guess what! I am down for sure!

Renewing 2012 membership and challenges :)

mstokes2008

Just got 2 more LFs. My mom gave me one that was to dark for her that doesn't quite seem to fit. (I think my head is to big lol). The other one is Afro like, similar to besche Drew. Can't wait to get it all fixed up and ready to wear :)

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I think my next purchase is going to be Sensationnel Bella. I think she's pretty, looks easy to maintain and perfect for work.

Based on the review I saw on YT, it looks full seems to have nice movement :yep:

Last edited:

CrissieD

Zury Keisha I LOVE this wig.

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1324872825650.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324872825650.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 134

indarican

Ladies, so I have a question for you. I wanna start with the lace fronts but I'm really confused. I saw some you tube videos on how to cut the lace. But what happens after? How do I reapply? How long am I supposed to leave it on? Any better YouTube videos on this? Where can I get a realistic lace front.

dollface0023

I'd like to join. I'll be taking a break from extensions for awhile and I want to start rocking half wigs to see how my hair works with that.

I still haven't figured out what braid pattern I'll use for my hair under the wigs. I want to be able to have some access to my ends (To seal) but I'm not sure If I should just tuck them under so they'll be left alone....

mstokes2008

Ladies, so I have a question for you. I wanna start with the lace fronts but I'm really confused. I saw some you tube videos on how to cut the lace. But what happens after? How do I reapply? How long am I supposed to leave it on? Any better YouTube videos on this? Where can I get a realistic lace front.

When I wear my lace fronts, I just put them on like a regular wig. No glue, no tape, I don't use the combs either. I secure them with bobby pins if needed and then take it off and put it on my wig head at nights. That way I still have complete access to my hair and scalp to moisturize, seal, wash etc.

MrsHouston

I'm in! I have never worn a wig before but I want to get a silk cap light yaki remi wig. Thery are selling for $250 to $300 on ebay. Has anyone tried one before?

This is what i`m wearing now from sassy secrets. It looks like African American relaxed hair.

I'm already wearing wigs so I will just continue for 2012 Because my goal is WL for 2012.

MzSwift

Stalking!!
I LOVE wigs as my PS! I alternate between wigs and extensions. I will be actively lurking this thread for tips and to encourage. HHG, ladies! :)

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
When I wear my lace fronts, I just put them on like a regular wig. No glue, no tape, I don't use the combs either. I secure them with bobby pins if needed and then take it off and put it on my wig head at nights. That way I still have complete access to my hair and scalp to moisturize, seal, wash etc.

Ditto :yep: I don't mess with glue, tape or combs either.

13StepsAhead

I usually pin it down, but I decided to try the elastic band method to secure it and I will be doing it this way for all of my wigs. Do a YouTube search and you will find videos on the elastic band method for lace wigs.

mstokes2008

I usually pin it down, but I decided to try the elastic band method to secure it and I will be doing it this way for all of my wigs. Do a YouTube search and you will find videos on the elastic band method for lace wigs.

Haven't heard about that. I'll be checking YouTube when I get home. Thanks for posting!

I

mstokes2008

My new synthetic LF Rachel and my starting pics

Attachments

• 2db4d202.jpg
    2db4d202.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 111
  • 992db705.jpg
    992db705.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 0ec2fc58.jpg
    0ec2fc58.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 77

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I'm in this!!!
I will be wearing my wigs faithfully until at least May or June. I might take a break in the summer and wear twists before going back to wigs in the fall of next year. I will probably have to wash and redo my cornrows once a week since I will be working out. So far I have been moisturizing my hair every day to help combat protein overload. I just mist with water and seal with Qhemet AOHC.

Right now I am rocking Sonya from the Freetress Equal line and will start wearing Megan from the Sensationnel Empress line. I really like the Sonya wig so much so that I bought and am wearing a second one. I have receive many complements wearing this one and looks professional so I can wear it to work too. I do like the Megan wig from Sensationnel but I think it is a bit thin. The fibers are very soft though and it will probably hold up well with proper care.

Last edited: