WIG CHALLENGE 2012

CurliDiva

I'm starting the WIG CHALLENGE 2012 early - so please just "thank" this post to join!

The WIG CHALLENGE 2012 is very EASY..........just wear any type of wig as your main PROTECTIVE STYLE of choice!

:gorgeous: WIG CHALLENGE guidelines:

• The Wig Challenge is in effect from Jan 1st - Dec 31st, 2012 (you can join at any time by "thanking" this post)

• WIG means any full wig, half wig, full lace wig, or a lace fronts (NOT twists, braided extensions or weaves)

• Wigs are your protective style of choice (most of the time), but you can take as many breaks as you want - just pull it off whenever you want to see and touch your hair!

• You MUST take care of your hair and scalp underneath (this challenge is about progress, not a styling crutch) our ultimate goal is healthy, long REAL hair!

• Keep in touch, post photos, ask questions, share advice and let us know how you're doing at least once per month!

Please remember there is a TON of information in the previous WIG CHALLENGES....... 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 threads.

Also, WIG CHALLENGE works easily with others challenges -- such as the Bootcamp, Deep Conditioning, Scalp Massage, Hide Your Hair, or Low Manipulation, etc. -- since your hair is safely tucked away from daily wear and tear.

Happy New Year and Happy Hair Growing!:gorgeous:

kblc06

I'm totally in! I'm wearing wigs now because I'm focused on getting fit and it's not practical for me to style my hair everyday. I plan on wearing wigs at least 7-8 months next year.

tdwillis

I am in. I have already worn wigs for six months. I love them so no plans to change for the new year. I work to work out too so I am in with you! ^^^^

mstokes2008

I'm in too. Can't "thank" from my phone but I will when I get home. Was Going to get a new wig after work today anyways so the timing is perfect.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Will THANK the post when I get home. I'm in!! Been in wigs 24/7 since April. Yup, 8 whole months!! I can totally do this!! ;)

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

melisandre

I'm in! Wigs are my current protective style. I LOVE the versatility. I plan to wear them winter, spring and fall for sure. However, I think the summer might be too hot for that.

13StepsAhead

I'm in this one.... I will be moving out of the country for 18 months and I would like to wear wigs for the entire time.

I will be rotating between 3 full lace wigs that I purchased from whatwig.com and I will be braiding my hair underneath.

Regimen while under wig:
-shampoo 2x month
- co-wash 3x week
-DC 1-2x a week
- moisturize and seal 3x a week

ms.lisab

You know the funny part is I never thought I would ever wear wigs. But after looking at the lovely ladies on here wearing their wigs I figure I would give it a try. I am so glad that I did.

@ms.lisab I know right! Wigs are so convenient and when you find the right one, it's on! I feel like P.Diddy-can't stop, won't stop!

stephshe

I'm in too, I've already started back wearing lace wigs in November and I plan on wearing them for the entire year next year so I can see how much growth I can get. I have about 8 wigs between half wigs and full lace so I can go the long haul lol.

lilliz6

I'm in! I have never worn a wig before but I want to get a silk cap light yaki remi wig. Thery are selling for $250 to $300 on ebay. Has anyone tried one before?

CurlsBazillion

I've been looking for this challenge to start up! I've been in wigs all last year and I plan on stepping my wig game up for 2012 anyway so I'm in! I live in GA so I'm happy to hear phony ponies are included because I don't think I could handle a wig in the summer.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
OP do we need starting pics for this challenge? It wasn't mentioned. If so, here is my starting pic. Now lets see how much retention I get by Dec 2012 ;)

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1324135159689.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324135159689.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 96

theNaturalWonders

Count me in! I have been wearing full lace wigs for about 3 months now planning on wigging it for 2 yrs. Will post pics 1/1

Last edited:

Mane.Attraction

I'm in. I just bought my first full wig today and I absolutely love it! This will fit in perfectly with the crown and glory challenge that I joined.

Here's a pic of my first wig. It's the vogue crop wig by the bump collection.

mstokes2008

So my mom bought me a lace front wig today. Its really pretty but when I went online to find reviews on it I couldn't find ANYTHING!!!! Hope I didn't get jipped! Will post pics after I play with it some.

mstokes2008

Here's some pics. Its Ionna Hair Collection Lace Front Wig LCHF-835 "Spicy" in 1B...

Attachments

• 7ae34fea.jpg
    7ae34fea.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 206
  • 68b4184e.jpg
    68b4184e.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 60dbee88.jpg
    60dbee88.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 8ff9b672.jpg
    8ff9b672.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 156
  • a6ec777a.jpg
    a6ec777a.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 145

mstokes2008

And a few more, just playing with styles and stuff gotta find a way to conceal the lace a little more though...

Attachments

• 433b5000.jpg
    433b5000.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 143
  • fc124bc5.jpg
    fc124bc5.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 131
  • fa0ffd7e.jpg
    fa0ffd7e.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 0627c4cb.jpg
    0627c4cb.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 128
  • 4e3872ab.jpg
    4e3872ab.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 155

Krystle~Hime

I want to know how girls living in the south(hot weather) deal with wig ? Here, when spring/summer arrives, I can't wear my wig because it's seriously too hot !